Forza - $53.99 Shipped

I predict we will see this game for $39.99 in multiple deals by Labor Day. Underwhelming demo, underwhelming graphics, and I expect the reviews and gamer consensus to (mostly) reflect this.

P.S. It should've been $49.99 from the get-go, anyway. Don't get me started on Microsoft's pricing these days.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I predict we will see this game for $39.99 in multiple deals by Labor Day. Underwhelming demo, underwhelming graphics, and I expect the reviews and gamer consensus to (mostly) reflect this.

P.S. It should've been $49.99 from the get-go, anyway. Don't get me started on Microsoft's pricing these days.[/quote]

I think this game will hold at least the price of $50 in the majority of stores till at least X-mas. Many racing fanatics have been waiting for this game for a long time. With the online gameplay and ability to collect ~ 300 cars I think this game will be all the rage for a while (Halo 3).

But possibly the game could drop to 40$ soon (though i strongly doubt it) if microsoft really thinks that it can generate lots of money from people buying cars on xbox live rather than unlocking them.

The orginal Forza, while admittedly at the end of the Xbox's life cycle dropped like a stone in price. I know, I bought it nearly full price and feel the pain to this day.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I predict we will see this game for $39.99 in multiple deals by Labor Day. Underwhelming demo, underwhelming graphics, and I expect the reviews and gamer consensus to (mostly) reflect this.

P.S. It should've been $49.99 from the get-go, anyway. Don't get me started on Microsoft's pricing these days.[/quote]

dude, labor day is like 3 and a half months away.

I'm starting to think maybe the demo was not the best way to showcase the game and maybe I should give it a chance.

I don't fancy paying full price though, maybe I'll give it a rental.

dude, labor day is like 3 and a half months away.

Yeah? And? It is what it is. It's not next week, it's not a year from now, but it will be here sooner than you think. I think my prediction is mostly reasonable. Please note, I didn't say a universal price drop. I just said various deals.

I have to disagree that it will get a price drop by Labor Day. It's the major mainstream sim racing game on the market for probably the entire year. Until Gran Turismo 5 shows up, Forza 2 is going to have a nice run with no real competition to force a pricecut.

Various deals are sure to happen though. There's a lot of them for games that are relatively new. FEAR is already dirt cheap, among others.

[quote name='jollydwarf']dude, labor day is like 3 and a half months away.

Yeah? And? It is what it is. It's not next week, it's not a year from now, but it will be here sooner than you think. I think my prediction is mostly reasonable. Please note, I didn't say a universal price drop. I just said various deals.[/quote]

yes and im saying that if there are already deals now where its 52, then of course there will be deals for 40 in 3-4 months.

Too bad Buy.com shipping is pretty slow. That's the only downside.

I may just buy at B&M on release day since I have the wheel...

I would rather chop my nuts off and regurtate my own shit then make a purchase from buy.com

really, why do you guys keep giving accolades to this facade of a proper running business?

it's threads like this that make coming here painful

every buy.com thread should carry this disclaimer:

only buy from this guys if you like to wait up to a month plus for your order to arrive and you HATE receiving a timely response to questions you may have

if you like to have companies dick around with your money while they wait for a stock replenishment, go ahead and buy from them

Also, upgrading shipping is an absolute joke, it's like promising magic beans except they ain't magic and there ain't no beanstalk

Holy fuck, I'd never noticed before that I live in one of only THREE states that buy.com charges tax to. Lucky me. Amazon at $54.82 is cheaper to anyone in TN, MA, or CA.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Might want to change the title to Forza 2, cause I thought you were talking about the original by the title and think wtf.[/QUOTE]
I think it's pretty obvious what this deal is about.

[quote name='mietha']Holy fuck, I'd never noticed before that I live in one of only THREE states that buy.com charges tax to. Lucky me. Amazon at $54.82 is cheaper to anyone in TN, MA, or CA.[/QUOTE]
Ya, I never use buy.com due to the tax. Where is a store located in TN that would cause that?

Uh yep, MA gets taxed. I'm sticking with Amazon.

Also, I agree, pre-ordering from Buy.com... yikes. I think I waited 4 weeks for one game when I did this.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm starting to think maybe the demo was not the best way to showcase the game and maybe I should give it a chance.

I don't fancy paying full price though, maybe I'll give it a rental.[/QUOTE]
If the demo is anything like the game than count me out. THe graphics looked no better than GT4 and I haven't played that game in over a year. I guess I could save ~$50 and just replay that while calling it Forza 2. But what about the Farraris and Porches...

For those of you that don't want to mess with online orders, I believe I saw Forza 2 in the Fry's ad (Austin) for $49.99. So it's probably very likely that other Fry's will release it at that price as well.

bread's done
Back