Forza Motorsport 4 - Official CAG Thread

I have this on pre-order at newegg for $44.99, but I've picked up so many games lately, including Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, that I might just cancel it. Can't decide. I'm not really sure I need two new (to me) racers at the same time. Hmm.

[quote name='Ruahrc']A little bit OT but I don't really understand why people pre-pay for preorders? You're basically just giving the game store a free loan with zero percent interest while they for the game to come out. In the meanwhile they just go ahead and start earning interest or otherwise investing your money without giving anything back to you. Sure the amounts are small to you, but Gamestop collecting thousands (or even millions) of preorders... it adds up for them. Besides, it's the principle of the thing. The game store would never consider giving the game to me before I paid in full, why would I consider giving them my money before they have a game to give to me?[/QUOTE]

Because it's nice to spend a few dollars at time that you'd never miss, rather than spending $64 all at once and then end up needing it later.

[quote name='krashhole']Most people pre-order because you get exclusive DLC. GS gives out one kind, BB gives out another, etc etc. It's really not rocket science. In fact, if you have been around video games long enough, you should know why people pre-order them.[/QUOTE]

I understand the point of pre-ordering, what I don't understand is the point of pre-paying for your pre-order.

[quote name='Survivalism']Because it's nice to spend a few dollars at time that you'd never miss, rather than spending $64 all at once and then end up needing it later.[/QUOTE]

Just as long as you realize that if you simply exercised a little financial planning and saved those "few dollars at a time", you'd have the full $64 at the end, with the added benefit that you'd actually have a little more than $64 if you kept it in a bank account. And it's always going to be the same $64, no matter if you needed it now or later.

I guess it falls under the same category as income tax refunds. It is financially better for you to receive zero refund (and pay zero) come tax time. The IRS gladly will accept extra money all throughout the year form you, earn interest on it, and then pay it back to you (keeping all the interest profits for themselves) come tax time. But many people enjoy psychologically the lump-sum "windfall" that they receive in the form of a refund.

Anyone know where to order the limited edition from? BB and DeepDiscount cancelled. I have a order with Dell and Kmart. I figure Kmart will screw me over, but what about Dell? Anyone hear horror stories with them?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Anyone know where to order the limited edition from? BB and DeepDiscount cancelled. I have a order with Dell and Kmart. I figure Kmart will screw me over, but what about Dell? Anyone hear horror stories with them?[/QUOTE]

I've had no problems with Dell. They even sent me Bad Company 2 a day early. :applause:

[quote name='dotCody']I've had no problems with Dell. They even sent me Bad Company 2 a day early. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thats good, i think the shipping said it takes 8 days for me. This game is sold out everywhere, it seems, so Im still unsure if they will send it.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Just as long as you realize that if you simply exercised a little financial planning and saved those "few dollars at a time", you'd have the full $64 at the end, with the added benefit that you'd actually have a little more than $64 if you kept it in a bank account.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure how that isn't exactly what I've done. If I pay a couple dollars at a time, over a few paychecks, I have more in case of an emergency than if I just pay for it outright. If I set aside $64 and then my brakes go out on the way to get it, I'm out of luck. If it's already paid off, I can take care of what I need to and still have what I want. Of course it's the same money, it just makes me feel better to stretch it out as far as I can.

So Bestbuy sent me an email saying that my Limited Edition was canceled. And if I downgraded I would get a $20 giftcard and 1600 MS points.

So I call them and they still don't have it settled. Plus it says the email for the points should be emailed within an hour but guess what? I don't have that either.

I'm really starting to hate Bestbuy lately

I'm going to try my luck at Kmart. If it's anything like previous Forzas (which it will be), the regular edition will already have more content than I'll ever get through so missing out on the deluxe version won't be too depressing.

I saw over at Slickdeals that TRU will have a $10 gift card if you buy Forza 4 once it hits the store. Not a pre-order deal.

I'd pre-ordered from Amazon when the LCE was knocked down to $60, but there was never an option for Release Date Delivery. Some people on the Forza Forums are reporting the option to change shipping speed has started to show up and some have gotten emails, while others say they've talked to Amazon reps and were basically told "Tough luck" due to being unable to retroactively change the shipping speed. I'm not going to cancel my order, especially with the LCE going out of stock everywhere, but what do you guys think the chances are I'll get an email saying it magically become Release Date Delivery eligible? I'm also a Prime member, so it's not like they'd even have to collect the extra buck for RDD.

So as a confirmation is Best Buy the only place canceling Limited Edition pre orders? I'm going to be beyond furious if I stroll into Gamestop on 10/11 to find out they don't have my LE edition I preordered in August lol. Also, its kind of sad that I'm surprised they're actually selling out of these limited editions.

[quote name='menikmati']Played the demo then immediately put my pre-order in through Amazon. Can't wait for the launch.[/QUOTE]

Same Here. This wasn't on my radar until the demo. I've loved the past Forzas and all, but there are just too many games this season. The demo stole 60 bucks out of my pocket and lit it on fire. Tuesday cant come fast enough!

I've never played a Forza game but am a huge racing game fan. After playing the demo I'm considering pre-ordering from Amazon and getting the season pass... or maybe doing a pre-order TIV deal with Best Buy so I can get it on release day. Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of a good option for a racing wheel. It seems there aren't any good ones since Microsoft discontinued the older one, and all others are around $150.00. This new wireless wheel looks worthless but I don't have a Kinect yet anyways. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[quote name='FrankySox']Anyone know of a good option for a racing wheel. It seems there aren't any good ones since Microsoft discontinued the older one, and all others are around $150.00. This new wireless wheel looks worthless but I don't have a Kinect yet anyways. Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

The officially licensed wheels by Fanatec are an excellent, yet expensive, choice.

http://www.fanatec.de/

And if you're interested in going all out, you might as well have a look at PlaySeats. They are fully compatible with any Wheel & Pedal product by Fanatec

http://playseat.com/

if anyones looking for a wheel. try craigslist.

i bought a wireless xbox wheel with pedals for $20. i use it to play F1 2011. and it is much more fun to play it with a wheel than a controller. make sure your wheel has force feedback. otherwise its no fun..

though if you have cash to burn, the only fanatec wheel thats compatible withthe 360 is $250 and it doesnt include pedals.

there is a new thrustmaster ferrarri wheel coming this october; BUT it doesnt have force feedback. its only vibration feedback. its $89.99 though. but any wheel without FFB is basically not fun IMHO

so yeah.. look on craigslist. the discontinued xbox wheel is not bad at all.

wow so this limited edition is actually "limited"? can't find it anywhere and recent ebay listings have buy it now prices of 140ish? damn

[quote name='Tony208']wow so this limited edition is actually "limited"? can't find it anywhere and recent ebay listings have buy it now prices of 140ish? damn[/QUOTE]

Shit, you make me nervous. Tomorrow can't come any faster!

I had no interest in buying this at launch, but since I have a very coveted Forza 2 CE (that apparently was only in the UK or something) and a sealed GameStop exclusive Forza 3 CE, I decided I better get this, esp. after hearing reports it may be limited..It was very strange how the LE was never listed on BB.com, then its printed in yesterday's ad.

I rushed to the store to talk with someone at the gaming kiosk. I mentioned how I thought it was crazy they were getting it, but there was no way to even pre-order it. I told him I planned on dropping at least $200 for that, Seasame Street and a few movies and how I would come to his store at 430pm, rather than hunt a couple of stores on my lunch break. I asked if he could hold one for me, he walked to the back like they were in store already. When he re-appeared he practically said they had so many, he wouldn't need to hold one if I came in on day one. But I insisted, and he took my info down on a register slip and said to just go to the CS counter to pick the game up. I was really excited, even more excited if it follows thru..

Now, what is giving me acid-burn all day is whether or not to open this beast or keep it sealed. It looks freaking incredible, but I only made it less than 5% in Forza 3, but loved every minute of it..

This game looks so freaking amazing. Forza > GT. And I used to be a huge GT fanboy. Also snagged the CE from Amazon when they had a pricing mistake back in July. It has shipped and should be here tomorrow. :D

I want this game so bad but I am gonna finish Forza 3 first. Grinding out level 28 so still a ways to go in Forza 3 want to get more bonus cars

I tried to pre-order an LCE on Sunday at my local BB (yeah right). The guy said he couldn’t process any pre-orders for it, but he would pre-order me a standard copy and hold me an LCE. He seemed convinced that they had enough stock of LCEs in the back to satisfy plenty of customers.

So I got there at 9 a.m. sharp and a different "gaming expert" was there. I asked for an LCE when picking up my pre-order and she acted like they barely had any at all. I told her my story and she reluctantly grabbed one out from hiding and sold it to me, but I almost missed out. None left on the shelf even 5 minutes after they unlocked the door. Anyway, this work day can’t end soon enough :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This game looks so freaking amazing. Forza > GT. And I used to be a huge GT fanboy. Also snagged the CE from Amazon when they had a pricing mistake back in July. It has shipped and should be here tomorrow. :D[/QUOTE]

Same here! I'm wondering if I should even open it seeing as how rare it's becoming...

Grabbed a copy of the CE today without preordering at BB during lunch. I meant to preorder this but it kept slipping my mind. In any case, if you're getting your copy at BB, don't forget to use the mobile coupon for 10% off of Forza. The coupon will take the $8 off the CE but didn't take the $6 off the new steering wheel since it triggers the $25 GC when you buy both.
Stolen from iNCREDiPiNOY thread on SD:
Silver Premier: 10/05/11-10/16/11
-12% OFF ANY SINGLE REGULAR-PRICED ITEM FROM THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
-10% OFF ALL REGULAR-PRICED MUSIC, MOVIES, TV-DVD, TOYS, VIDEO GAMES, VIDEO GAME ACCESSORIES, PC GAMES, GADGETS AND EREADER ACCESSORIES (ANY COMBINATION, LIMIT 3)
-10% OFF ANY SINGLE REGULAR-PRICED ITEM FROM THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
-SAVE 5% ON SELECT SINGLE REGULAR-PRICED OR AN ADDITIONAL 5% OFF SELECT SINGLE SALE-PRICED HDTVS $899 AND UP
-DOUBLE POINTS ON COOKING PURCHASES
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupo...ilver.html
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupo...emier.html
These coupons do work for non-silver members.

Did a quick search but didn't see this in the thread.
The BB ad mentions 5 additional bonus cars if you buy Forza at launch.
Anyone know anything about that or how to get them?

[quote name='Vader582']Did a quick search but didn't see this in the thread.
The BB ad mentions 5 additional bonus cars if you buy Forza at launch.
Anyone know anything about that or how to get them?[/QUOTE]

It's in the case, along with a code for two tracks, and it says right on the cover that it's included.

For anyone interested, it's a '65 Mustang GT Coupe, Koenigsegg Agera, Lexus SC300, RUF RGT-8, and a Tesla Roadster Sport.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's in the case, along with a code for two tracks, and it says right on the cover that it's included.

For anyone interested, it's a '65 Mustang GT Coupe, Koenigsegg Agera, Lexus SC300, RUF RGT-8, and a Tesla Roadster Sport.[/QUOTE]
Ah-ha! Thank you sir!

[quote name='Vader582']Grabbed a copy of the CE today without preordering at BB during lunch. I meant to preorder this but it kept slipping my mind. In any case, if you're getting your copy at BB, don't forget to use the mobile coupon for 10% off of Forza. The coupon will take the $8 off the CE but didn't take the $6 off the new steering wheel since it triggers the $25 GC when you buy both.

These coupons do work for non-silver members.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out that coupon, I was able to use it on the CE.

This is my first Forza game, hope I'm not disappointed. I never made it past the VW van race in GT5 because it was so annoying.

It might have been mentioned previously but a brief look through the tread didn't come up with anything: Has anyone who pre-ordered from BB (in-store or online) gotten their 1M code yet? I pre-ordered in store and the reciept doesn't have anything on it and I haven't received an email either.

Btw, game is amazing. Forza 4 > GT5

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']It might have been mentioned previously but a brief look through the tread didn't come up with anything: Has anyone who pre-ordered from BB (in-store or online) gotten their 1M code yet? I pre-ordered in store and the reciept doesn't have anything on it and I haven't received an email either.

Btw, game is amazing. Forza 4 > GT5[/QUOTE]

I got it very soon after completing my purchase at BB, sent to the email address that popped up on the debit pad screen.

[quote name='bsmiff']I got it very soon after completing my purchase at BB, sent to the email address that popped up on the debit pad screen.[/QUOTE]
Ah. I'll give it until tomorrow and if nothing shows up, I'll just call CS

I went to Gamestop to pick up my CE pre-order, and whoops - they didn't get enough of them in.

They offered to let me take home a regular edition and swap it out for the CE when more come in (no thanks, I'll wait for my CE to come in before I play it - I've seen too many offers like that become a massive headache to even bother with it) and an apology.

I don't expect anything free from them, just that when the delayed shipment comes in today or tomorrow, that they honor their word that the first copy they get in gets put aside for me (I was right behind the guy who picked up the last CE they had in stock.)

That said, they pretty much just lost my pre-order business to Amazon. I didn't mind missing out on a promo or slightly lower price if it meant I could get the game in my hand asap, but if now there's a chance it's going to be a day or two after the release date when I get a game, there's absolutely no reason to shop with them.

bread's done
Back