Forza Motorsport 4 - Official CAG Thread

[quote name='bsmiff']I got it very soon after completing my purchase at BB, sent to the email address that popped up on the debit pad screen.[/QUOTE]

Same for me and it printed on my receipt too.

But I'm trading the BMW with a friend who is giving me his WRX code.

Im new to forza. Do you get to use the bonus cars in your career? I have the LE, and can't find a garage mode to see all my cars in one place that shows my cars. Also, when I go to buy a car, none of them have the house symbol showing I own them. In the marketplace it shows them as purchased.

Do you have to buy them in game(as in the launch/LE dlc just expands your purchase options)
Or Do you have to reach a driver level to make them appear.

Edit: ok I saw somewhere that you have to buy the cars in game. This just makes them available for in game purchase. Kinda stinks, was hoping for the GT5 CE style where u had the cars in your garage from the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NYLatenite']I went to Gamestop to pick up my CE pre-order, and whoops - they didn't get enough of them in.

They offered to let me take home a regular edition and swap it out for the CE when more come in (no thanks, I'll wait for my CE to come in before I play it - I've seen too many offers like that become a massive headache to even bother with it) and an apology.

I don't expect anything free from them, just that when the delayed shipment comes in today or tomorrow, that they honor their word that the first copy they get in gets put aside for me (I was right behind the guy who picked up the last CE they had in stock.)

That said, they pretty much just lost my pre-order business to Amazon. I didn't mind missing out on a promo or slightly lower price if it meant I could get the game in my hand asap, but if now there's a chance it's going to be a day or two after the release date when I get a game, there's absolutely no reason to shop with them.[/QUOTE]

That sucks! I would have gave them a piece of my mind if it happened to me. I mean, they push pre-ordering so hard on their customers you'd think that would be the one place where they didn't fuck up.

I was actually afraid of the same thing happening but when I went into GS they had my CE waiting for me. It felt doubly good because I used my remaining GS credit to pay so I onyl had to fork out about $20 out of pocket, and triply good because with no more GS credit anymore, I am never going to shop with them again.

My first impressions of the game are pretty good. The first thing I did was scroll to the manufacturer list and flip off the screen when I passed through P and didn't see Porsche.

Next I actually drove something. Landed the #21 spot at Nurburgring in the A class category, and the #10 spot at Camino Viejo :). I figured it's my only chance to hold high ranks is on Day 1 since eventually my times will be eclipsed by those who tune their cars and push me down hehe. The driving is pretty good, it seems a little more realistic in the weight transfer category, and seems to be harder as well if you turn the aids off. Definitely looking forward to spending a lot of time with this one as time goes on.

Finally: Boo to the stupid achievement that requires the kinect module. And boo to another freakin "win 1st in every race" achievement (Bucket List).

I just noticed someone got their Forza 4 pre-order car from Best Buy. Another disaster reminiscent of Gears of War 3 (which was supposed to be e-mailed) but this time the car code is supposed to print out on your receipt after the cashier has to do some special steps which screwed me since there was no knowledge of this at the store I picked up my pre-order at. I noticed a flyer at a different Best Buy which I mentioned to the store I picked it up at. Both the gaming department clerk and cashier had NO clue. Any info on what Best Buy forum mod I have to contact?

fuck, this game is amazing! I'm sooooooo glad I ran out to Future Shop the minute they opened and picked up one of the only four copies of the LCE at that location. :D

[quote name='cheapgamerone']I just noticed someone got their Forza 4 pre-order car from Best Buy. Another disaster reminiscent of Gears of War 3 (which was supposed to be e-mailed) but this time the car code is supposed to print out on your receipt after the cashier has to do some special steps which screwed me since there was no knowledge of this at the store I picked up my pre-order at. I noticed a flyer at a different Best Buy which I mentioned to the store I picked it up at. Both the gaming department clerk and cashier had NO clue. Any info on what Best Buy forum mod I have to contact?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Call customer service.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']It might have been mentioned previously but a brief look through the tread didn't come up with anything: Has anyone who pre-ordered from BB (in-store or online) gotten their 1M code yet? I pre-ordered in store and the reciept doesn't have anything on it and I haven't received an email either.

Btw, game is amazing. Forza 4 > GT5[/QUOTE]

Your BBY gaming department has to scan a special SKU in order for you to get the BMW M1. We scanned it on every pre-order and it automatically generated a DLC code for each customer. It was on our employee news bulletin, so ask your employees to print it. You'll have to do a return / rebuy though.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Your BBY gaming department has to scan a special SKU in order for you to get the BMW M1. We scanned it on every pre-order and it automatically generated a DLC code for each customer. It was on our employee news bulletin, so ask your employees to print it. You'll have to do a return / rebuy though.[/QUOTE]
I called them up and they didn't know what I was talking about. They kept telling me that the code would be emailed to me. Same with BB CS. I don't know what to think now

Was the code for an Alpha Romeo? I got mine at Gamestop and the code was right on the receipt. I presume that was a pre-order bonus, but I wasn't certain since there are codes for bonus cars just about everywhere you look.

Also, I completely just blew the last race in an event because I couldn't get over how fucking gorgeous the cockpit view is. I'm glad you can't freely look around the interior like you can in PGR or I'd never get anything done. It's affected by the weather and the position of the sun. My mind was blown for a good two minutes.

For those that are having problems with Best Buy:

When you picked up your game the associate was supposed to scan another barcode on a separate sheet of paper.

After that the code would have been emailed to you email on file and printed on the receipt.

I had to do a return-rebuy to get it to work (which I think screwed over my 5/$100 promo).

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Does anyone know the break down on what these 3 codes in the CE unlock?[/QUOTE]

The VIP Car Pack:
  • 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
  • 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • 2010 Noble M600
  • 2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The Launch Bonus Car Pack
  • 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

The American Muscle Car Pack
  • 1965 Pontiac GTO
  • 1968 Pontiac Firebird
  • 1970 Buick GSX
  • 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
  • 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
  • 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
  • 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
  • 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
  • 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

The Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge
  • A mix of 5 different BMW with unique liveries designed by community members

As well as a few race tracks, such as Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

How much of that content is exclusive to the LCE codes though? AFAIK it's only the VIP Car pack. The American Muscle cars are available as paid DLC (560pts), the launch bonus pack I think comes with all launch copies of the game, and the BMW pack and extra tracks (which are the Top Gear track and the benchmark ring IIRC, not Indianapolis) are also free downloads on the XBL Marketplace.

Just clarifying because I think the only real "exclusive" to the LCEs is the VIP pack and the crown on your profile badge.

I just like the metal case...

...and the book is the best of any game I have seen (COD all that included)

mainly because it shows cars lol

[quote name='Ruahrc']How much of that content is exclusive to the LCE codes though? AFAIK it's only the VIP Car pack. The American Muscle cars are available as paid DLC (560pts), the launch bonus pack I think comes with all launch copies of the game, and the BMW pack and extra tracks (which are the Top Gear track and the benchmark ring IIRC, not Indianapolis) are also free downloads on the XBL Marketplace.

Just clarifying because I think the only real "exclusive" to the LCEs is the VIP pack and the crown on your profile badge.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just the VIP Car Pack. Oh and the snazzy SteelBook, art book and slipcase. :D

When 4 gets old, they'll resort to selling the VIP stuff. I have no problems not getting the lce. It's funny how everyone was stressing about 3 and then the Japanese quake hit and they opened it to everyone. Meh.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Your BBY gaming department has to scan a special SKU in order for you to get the BMW M1. We scanned it on every pre-order and it automatically generated a DLC code for each customer. It was on our employee news bulletin, so ask your employees to print it. You'll have to do a return / rebuy though.[/QUOTE]
Is the BMW code supposed to be for preorders only? That's what I'm being told at the BB near my home.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']I called them up and they didn't know what I was talking about. They kept telling me that the code would be emailed to me. Same with BB CS. I don't know what to think now[/QUOTE]

I have today and Thursday off, but I will PM you the SKU and the employee news link on Friday. That way you can show them first hand. Sorry about that, some associates are just fucking idiots.

[quote name='reddjoey']For those that are having problems with Best Buy:

When you picked up your game the associate was supposed to scan another barcode on a separate sheet of paper.

After that the code would have been emailed to you email on file and printed on the receipt.

I had to do a return-rebuy to get it to work (which I think screwed over my 5/$100 promo).[/QUOTE]

I would call 1-888-Best-Buy to make sure everything went through ok. As much of pain in the ass as it seems, they are actually pretty on top of their shit. I had to call about my GoW pre-order bonus, a CoD map pack I never received and my 5 offer! They fixed all 3 issues though.

[quote name='Vader582']Is the BMW code supposed to be for preorders only? That's what I'm being told at the BB near my home.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is just for customers who had a pre-order. Apparently there is only a certain number of codes, so if everyone who buys Forza is given one then the people who actually pre-ordered and just picked up the game at a later date for whatever reason may not receive one.

So I got my LCE at Best Buy using their 40% bonus TIV offer on pre-orders. Turns out the games I traded in netted me way more than I expected, so I went ahead and bought the $30 DLC Season Pass through Best Buy in-store as well.

I got my M1 pre-order bonus code emailed to me immediately after picking up the game, but still haven't gotten my Season Pass email, which I paid for days before release. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I contact BB CS, go back to that BB location and ask about it, or just be more patient?

[quote name='Nealocus123']Unfortunately it is just for customers who had a pre-order. Apparently there is only a certain number of codes, so if everyone who buys Forza is given one then the people who actually pre-ordered and just picked up the game at a later date for whatever reason may not receive one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response! I'm fine with that. I just wanted to be sure this was true. I don't have a lot of faith in the knowledge of the employees have at this particular store.
I guess what threw me for a loop is that it looks like bb.com is still offering the DLC code.

[quote name='Nealocus123']
I would call 1-888-Best-Buy to make sure everything went through ok. As much of pain in the ass as it seems, they are actually pretty on top of their shit. I had to call about my GoW pre-order bonus, a CoD map pack I never received and my 5 offer! They fixed all 3 issues though.
[/QUOTE]

No to get too far off topic, but 1-888-Best-Buy is hit or miss.
Called last week, person was nice, sympathetic to my issue, made a note on my account to call back later if the issue continues.

I called the other day b/c my reward zone gamer club unlocked wasn't showing up in the system. I was stuck on hold for 20 mins then sent to Geek Squad Antivirus and put on hold for 10 mins, then transferred to Sales given the 800# for @Gamer Mag and put on hold for 10 mins to be transferred to Customer Support, then promptly hung up on.

Called back from the store and had the issue fixed in 10mins.

I'll wait to see how it posts then call, b/c what choice do I have.

I am a former GT fanyboy(I was literally the second guy to be made Super
Mod at GTPlanet waaaayback when another guy and I we basically the co-#2 guys, HAvent been there in years, got banned by choice(very LONG story))

Now thatwe have established I was a huge GT fanboy:

Forza 4 just kills GT5. Part of it is the superior for driving games aspect of the controller, but most of it is its just better made. GT set the bar, rasied the bar, and then got freaking lazy and hasn't done anything that amounted to a flying dunkin' doughnut since GT3 (GT4 was just 3 with better graphics and tweaked gameplay).

Just saw that. Sent a join request. The GT group on CAG is always talking about it in the thread so I just figured we didn't have one yet since it hasn't come up

I take it you can't actually paint the headlights? I forgot where I saw a rumor for that ability.

Can you be in two different car clubs at once?

Ah, more Forza 4 CE follies with Gamestop...

So after going there yesterday, them not having enough to cover their pre-orders and being told that they'd call me tomorrow to let me know if my copy came in with that day's shipments, today came along and by about 2:00, no one had called me yet.

Since the manager did mention that if no one called me by 1:00, I should call them - I did. I get the assistant manager on the phone, who not only doesn't seem to know anything about the conversation with the manager the day before, but tells me that they still haven't unboxed everything, and that once they do, he'll call me and let me know if the game is in.

Naturally, no one ever calls back.

I go down to the store on my way home from work, wait on line and ask when I get to the register. Nope, it didn't come in today. I tell the clerk that it would have been nice if they would have called like they promised and not wasted my time, and ask for the district manager's phone number. (Did it very politely, because it's not like they can magically make the game appear, so yelling isn't going to solve anything.) - I'm given a card with the district manager's office number and cell phone number.

I get home and figure I'll see if their office is still open and I can complain about the situation or if it's not, leave a message for someone to call me back tomorrow - (not a complaint that the game isn't in, but that I'm not a big fan of places not following through when they apologize profusely and promise to do something - kind of invalidates the apology) and, guess what?

The district office number they gave me has been disconnected.

Okay, now I'm a little annoyed. So I figure I'll call the cell number. I get a generic phone greeting (just the number, no name, etc) and the message that the mailbox is full and no new messages can be left.

Great customer service there, Gamestop. Anyone know if you can get your other pre-orders refunded in cash at the store, because as soon as I get my CE, I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull my other pre-orders and just deal with Amazon from now on.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Can you be in two different car clubs at once?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I hope it's something they patch in the future.

A few gripes I have with the game so far:

Takes FOREVER for a multiplayer game to start and you can't use custom designs and liveries in Cat & Mouse. Everything else is incredible.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Creating the CAG car club. If your interested in joining, send me a message through live.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Is there an "official" CAG Car Club?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CaptainKirk']we can create one?[/QUOTE]

Vulcan already did it.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I have today and Thursday off, but I will PM you the SKU and the employee news link on Friday. That way you can show them first hand. Sorry about that, some associates are just fucking idiots.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you kind sir. You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Oh, I'm in... I will run a search for the CAG car club when I get home. I have been watching the clock all day. I finally got to pop it in for a few minutes last night and I can't wait for more. I didn't even take the time to install the 2nd disc or get the DLC... I just wanted to play. The game is seriously amazing though. I still wish they did a better job with engine sounds though. They end up sounding very similar to me. The sound they use for the 458 in Autovista sounds AMAAAZING when you start it up. But when you rock the car you get a wimpy version. Only complaint thus far.

Oh, wait, I take that back. 2nd complaint is with Unicorn cars... only way I see myself being able to afford those in the future are via money glitches, which are soon to find their way into the game. Love the idea, but wish it was tied in with playing a particular race at a particular time versus spending $X in the auction house. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I never understood how people could afford cars like the 250 GTO or the Cobra Daytona in FM3.

Wait, I take that back, my post can be interpreted as my willingness to participate in money glitches, which will NOT be happening. I don't roll like that, folks.

I don't want to look at the whole list but I wish there was a way to see which car of the offered ones is most expensive. Today I got a choice between several musclecars, all of which interest me but I couldn't remember from the store which one was priciest. If that was displayed I could have potentially saved myself some money going forward.

That is my only complaint with the game so far, loving it. If I wasn't poised to start working like a dog in a week and a half, I'd consider the season pass.

[quote name='Retom7']Oh, I'm in... I will run a search for the CAG car club when I get home. I have been watching the clock all day. I finally got to pop it in for a few minutes last night and I can't wait for more. I didn't even take the time to install the 2nd disc or get the DLC... I just wanted to play. The game is seriously amazing though. I still wish they did a better job with engine sounds though. They end up sounding very similar to me. The sound they use for the 458 in Autovista sounds AMAAAZING when you start it up. But when you rock the car you get a wimpy version. Only complaint thus far.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Retom7']Oh, wait, I take that back. 2nd complaint is with Unicorn cars... only way I see myself being able to afford those in the future are via money glitches, which are soon to find their way into the game. Love the idea, but wish it was tied in with playing a particular race at a particular time versus spending $X in the auction house. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I never understood how people could afford cars like the 250 GTO or the Cobra Daytona in FM3.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Retom7']Wait, I take that back, my post can be interpreted as my willingness to participate in money glitches, which will NOT be happening. I don't roll like that, folks.[/QUOTE]

Edit your posts, man.

bread's done
Back