Forza Motorsport 4 - Official CAG Thread

I can't seem to get the Autovista achievement, I don't know what I'm missing. I don't really like trying for it, either, because hearing people talk about cars bores me to tears. I don't care how they work, I just want to drive irresponsibly.

[quote name='Halo05']I don't want to look at the whole list but I wish there was a way to see which car of the offered ones is most expensive. Today I got a choice between several musclecars, all of which interest me but I couldn't remember from the store which one was priciest. If that was displayed I could have potentially saved myself some money going forward.

That is my only complaint with the game so far, loving it. If I wasn't poised to start working like a dog in a week and a half, I'd consider the season pass.[/QUOTE]

You could just load up the list I linked to in the post previous to yours and only scroll down to the level you've made it to... I'm kicking myself for some of the uninformed choices I made thus far.

[quote name='Survivalism']I can't seem to get the Autovista achievement, I don't know what I'm missing. I don't really like trying for it, either, because hearing people talk about cars bores me to tears. I don't care how they work, I just want to drive irresponsibly.[/QUOTE]
I was missing the ignition switch, as soon as I selected it the achievement popped.

FYI for those that are joining the CAG club only to leave right away for the achievement: You get it when you create a car club as well, so please do that instead.

Thanks! :)

[quote name='Survivalism']I can't seem to get the Autovista achievement, I don't know what I'm missing. I don't really like trying for it, either, because hearing people talk about cars bores me to tears. I don't care how they work, I just want to drive irresponsibly.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, but you gotta admit Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear is pretty awesome to listen to though, the other voiceover not so much. However you can just click the "i" icon on each part of the car, and as voiceover comes on just hit B. It will still work once you have done it for all the parts of the car.

[quote name='dotCody']Edit your posts, man.[/QUOTE]

Meh...

Game is awesome. I've been having trouble getting the autovista achievement to come up too.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']is the Limited Edition not a downloadable thing? like I enter my code and it doesnt do anything in my que[/QUOTE]

I had to go to a VIP car, select it, select Re-Download, leave the download screen open and wait for it to download and install. Then, and only then, was I able to use the VIP cars.

I was looking at the list of reward cars and I have to say that I'm extremely happy about my choices so far. I have done a good job getting the expensive ones through lvl 13. No spoilers here, but I'm going to have to bookmark the list. I was in a party chat last night and one guy kept spouting out all the cars that are there and I don't want to know! I had to take the mic off real quick. If I had the time I would do a spoiler tag version here for everyone. Maybe I will later if it's not done already.

For anyone that pre-ordered it at Gamestop, what was the pre-order car and if you ordered it online, have you received it via email yet?

I pre-ordered the LCE and never received my pre-order bonus car, though I don't remember what the car is. :dunce:

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that pre-ordered it at Gamestop, what was the pre-order car and if you ordered it online, have you received it via email yet?

I pre-ordered the LCE and never received my pre-order bonus car, though I don't remember what the car is. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Gamestop's pre-order bonus was the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got any auction house tips? New to Forza and tired of being outbid... do auctions gain another minute after every bid toward the end?

I think I'm done racing online unless it's Simulation Damage. Too many fucking assholes and retarded 12 year olds that never heard of a fucking Brake.

Does having simulation damage even help? It's not like they care, they just screw you and themselves over, then just quit like retards.

Unfortunately I think the only solution is to find a group of "clean" racers. If you go to the official FM4 forums there is a "clean racers car club" that you can probably join?

Sounds like we need to have a regular CAG race night? I've been set to sim damage since my first race and try my best not to bump others. Sometimes it's tough though, when you're stuck with a group who all mash on the brake into a turn rather than ease into it smooth.

Edit: Anyone else getting server connection problems?

[quote name='bsmiff']Edit: Anyone else getting server connection problems?[/QUOTE]

Me, as well as a few other guys who were complaining about it yesterday.

[quote name='bsmiff']
Edit: Anyone else getting server connection problems?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it hasn't been fixed yet... ? Maybe they got hacked :gasp:

I think a CAG race night would be fun. I also try to drive clean. Sometimes we make mistakes bit it's not intentional.

I like driving A class or below, I don't do any upgrading or tuning though, just drive the cars as-is. Would be great to try some longer endurance style races.

Anyone play the early GT5 Prologue online before the GT5 guys figured out how to get a race to stream correctly? You want to talk about a Shaq-fu mess, I was in first, a Ferrari 599 drives THROUGH my car(as if I wasn't there), disappears, and reappears in a part of the track I was on, disappears again, then my car starts flying out of control for what seems like no reason, then the 599 appears again, and seemed to be the cause of my "invisible wreck". I didn't do another online race(and that was my second) until a few days after GT5 came out.

And I'm in for a Forza 4 CAG night, let's try to make it decent evening hours, say somewhere in 7-11 eastern time slot/6-10 central/5-9 mountain/4-8 western..... 9-10e./8-9c/7-8m/6-7w would fit in for most people, working around normal work(and school) hours on a weekday. Or a Saturday night(but would probably runs into people weekend plans). although my CAG car club join request was never answered so I may have asked the wrong club?(more than one)

I'll jump on and add a bunch of y'all as friends and we can just play whenever until we organize something. I'm usually on weekdays after 8 CST and randomly on weekends and down for whatever, send an invite! :)

Ok, I go into my my clubs, search for CAG and says request sent. Done it twice since release day. Still nothing, no clubs, under my clubs section. Am I missing something?

They really need a club list feature, that just shows all the clubs. No having to dig through leader boards, or just racing online until you find what your looking for.and its stupid that when you search it says request sent rather.than being an actual search engine and giving a list of matches

I'm looking forward to cracking this open tonight. I was waiting for the Best Buy in the town that I happened to be visiting this weekend to sell their unclaimed limited edition preorders this morning since they had 7 copies that hadn't been picked up.

Should anyone live near Newport News, VA and wants a LE copy you should be in good shape for a day or so.

Cool in club now. Only a few on, and.see there isn't a one click way of challenging someone. Just a.broad message everyone option. Hope they change that in an update.

[quote name='reddjoey']Has anyone who emailed their preorder receipt to Turn10 for the preorder program gotten anything yet?[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed mine the day before the game launched because I forgot haha.

But it says at the bottom it may take up to a month to receive the car.

[quote name='dotCody']Gamestop's pre-order bonus was the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info. Time to email them about where it's at.

It's been 2 days since I picked up my pre-order from Best Buy and I still haven't received my pre-order bonus car. Is there any way I can e-mail them about this? I checked their site but they only have the customer service number and I don't feel like calling an associate about this.

Looking for some help from Forza pros. Love the game but man I get killed online. If I'm not last I'm lucky when I'm 8th out of 12. Cornering is my biggest issue. I got the line to take on and have tried several ways to take turns but I'm always beat out of cornering. I try feathering the brakes heading into the turn, breaking heavy at the last minute, and horrible attempts to slide/drift through. Any helpful tips?

The game is fun as hell even though I suck.

Has anyone unlocked the Warthog for Autovista? How do you do it? Between than and the DeLorean, I actually have a reason to keep playing a racing game.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Looking for some help from Forza pros. Love the game but man I get killed online. If I'm not last I'm lucky when I'm 8th out of 12. Cornering is my biggest issue. I got the line to take on and have tried several ways to take turns but I'm always beat out of cornering. I try feathering the brakes heading into the turn, breaking heavy at the last minute, and horrible attempts to slide/drift through. Any helpful tips?

The game is fun as hell even though I suck.[/QUOTE]

Search youtube for the "iracing driving school". I remember watching some videos there and they had one or two videos on cornering with some good diagrams of what the best theoretical turns should be. I will speak personally and also suggest you pay careful attention to the videos on race etiquette and passing technique. Not saying you race like a jerk but the online racing as a whole would be better if people took the time to know what the proper racing/passing procedures are and cared to follow them.

Basically you are trying to use the width of the track to create the largest radius turn, so you can keep maximum speed. Generally if you hear tires squealing you're going too fast, as that excess energy is being lost to skidding rather than propelling you forward. Also don't forget that your gas/brake have settings other than "zero" and "full blast" (i.e. if you're going through a turn with the gas trigger held all the way down, you might want to let up some).

For a more practical suggestion, if you don't have it already, try turning on the "suggested line" in the assist options. It will show you the proper path to take through the turns (especially for tracks you are unfamiliar with), and the color of the line indicates if you are going too fast or slow. Using this for a little bit should help you get a feel for how fast you need to go through turns and what line to take. Just be aware that the suggested line quickly turns from a training aid to a crutch, and I'd suggest not becoming dependent on it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Has anyone unlocked the Warthog for Autovista? How do you do it? Between than and the DeLorean, I actually have a reason to keep playing a racing game.[/QUOTE]

yeah you have to do all the challenges for all the cars

Holy schmoly, the I have been doing just fine in S class cars and took a spin in my first race with an R3. It's like hitting a difficulty brick wall. Don't think I'll be using.them much, the R classes are barely controllable. Or at least my F1 GT is.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']and the DeLorean, I actually have a reason to keep playing a racing game.[/QUOTE]

If you think that's fast, wait till you drive the Chevy sonic. wOw

Completely noob question: Splitscreen supports only 2 players right? If so, any recommendation for a 4-player splitscreen racing game?

[quote name='jantzn']Completely noob question: Splitscreen supports only 2 players right? If so, any recommendation for a 4-player splitscreen racing game?[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart.

mario_kart_double_dash_003.jpg

[quote name='dotCody']Mario Kart.

mario_kart_double_dash_003.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lol, I should have clarified: any recommended 4-player splitscreen racing games on Xbox 360?

bread's done
Back