Found Halo 2 Pc alredy in CC. YMMV

faygo

CAGiversary!
Ok I picked up a copy already of Halo 2 Pc at my local Circuit City in austin tx. I got it from the cc at I-35 and Slaughter Ln. They had 4 copies of it out.

Just thought I let some fellow cagers know about it incase they wanted to get it earlier.

I would post a pic of it but my digital camera is broken, I'll see if I can get a pic of it off my cell phone later.

As of Friday there are around 8 copies of Halo 2 PC in stock.

The CC I am talking about is in Matthews, NC: Near Independence Blvd in the same plaza as Costco and really close to Sams Club.

Obsessed Halo 2 fans who love the idea of a map maker and being able to play them online will get this.

That being said I expect this game to sell pretty well. At least as well as Halo 1 on PC which sold a million something.

[quote name='shinryuu']I wish you didn't need Vista to play this. =/[/quote]

And that will probably what makes it not sell as well as expected, as a lot of pc gamers don't care greatly for Halo and haven't found the need to get Vista yet, and this won't do it.

That and also that Halo 3 Beta > Halo 2.

Halo 3 Beta brings the gameplay back to the way Halo 1 felt. This is great, because Halo 1 was the best.

I'm thinking that if Bungie doesn't mess this up, Halo 3 will be better than Halo 1 *hopeful*. So far, I think it's great :)

after finally getting an xbox last year (due to the sam goody closeout), my good friend told me to get Halo 2 as its the best game for the xbox 1. What a waste of 20 bucks! As for halo 2 on the PC.....so I have to install Vista, which I have ready to go, but to risk a blue screen death system just to play this game?!?!? No thanks.. Just wait til someone makes a hack to make it playable under windows xp.
and of course wait til it drops to 19.99 or less. I aint paying for a 50 dollar mediocre xbox port

While I'd love to play Halo 2 on my computer, as far as I see it Halo 2 costs $200. $150 for Vista HP and $50 for the game. There really is no other reason to upgrade to Vista, and quite a few reasons not to.

well the biggest problem with halo 2 (besides it being a full priced game with graphics that are 3 years old) is that it's a shooter designed for consoles. So on the PC it feels a bit sluggish.

If you have an X-Box Live Account, that will apply to the Windows Live also. So you will not need to pay extra for it (assuming you have a gold XBL account). However if you do not have an account, you will need to get an XBL account/Windows Live account.

You can playing Halo 2 online with the free Live Silver Account. If you decide to pay for the Gold account, you get online achievements and matchmaking, no cross-platform gaming for Halo 2 though, so I don't see the point of getting Gold. :\

I'm totally gonna get this when I decide to upgrade my PC. I'm a sucker for achievements, and I wouldnt mind replaying Halo 2.

[quote name='tilcfast']Anyone know if CC is honoring the 39.99 price they advertised for the original May 8 release?[/QUOTE]

No, but next week, they put it on sale again for $37.99.

I just want a multiplayer demo to try it out first, as I'm one of the few people who has never played Halo 2, but heard how awesome the MP is.

[quote name='Roufuss']I just want a multiplayer demo to try it out first, as I'm one of the few people who has never played Halo 2, but heard how awesome the MP is.[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be disappointed...

Before everyone jumps on me, Halo 1 and Halo 2 are two of my favorite games of all time

But if you're late to the party, and you hear nothing but hype about H2's MP...most people come away disappointed. The game is so popular because it's a console game, where really fantastic online MP FPS games are scarce compared to the PC market. IDK if you do a lot of PC gaming, or FPS gaming, if you do, you'll most likely come away disappointed.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
But if you're late to the party, and you hear nothing but hype about H2's MP...most people come away disappointed. The game is so popular because it's a console game, where really fantastic online MP FPS games are scarce compared to the PC market. IDK if you do a lot of PC gaming, or FPS gaming, if you do, you'll most likely come away disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I do a lot of FPS and PC gaming, however I can't think of any modern FPS that is really free for all MP Deathmatch anymore... everything is team based games, and I'm a bit sick of those.

Actually, there is Fear MP, but I hated that.

I just played some Halo 1 MP the other day on the Xbox, and it still held up pretty well, imo.

Hey, I'm an employee at my local CC, and yeah, we put ours out early because it wasn't street dated and the computers there let us sell it, but you know what? A day later we got an email from corporate saying to pull them as they had been recalled. Hopefully your copy works fine. I haven't heard anything about the games actually being defective or anything, but we were instructed to pull them and send them back to the manufacturer because of a recall. So yeah, I just wanted to let you all know that.

[quote name='Roufuss']I do a lot of FPS and PC gaming, however I can't think of any modern FPS that is really free for all MP Deathmatch anymore... everything is team based games, and I'm a bit sick of those.

Actually, there is Fear MP, but I hated that.

I just played some Halo 1 MP the other day on the Xbox, and it still held up pretty well, imo.[/quote]

Me and all my friends agreed that Halo 2 multiplayer blew Halo's the hell out of the water.... and that Halo 3's has the advantage over 2's. However Halo 2's campaign was a lot worse than the original's, it didn't have much of an epic feel to it. It's still a good game though, if you were on the fence I'd definitely say to go for it.

I actully I'm having a small problem with it. when ever I go to change resolutions my screen goes all whacky and just displays lines going across. Yes I know im switching to a resolution my mointer can handle. BUt it might me something with my comp still though.

[quote name='Thongsy']And that will probably what makes it not sell as well as expected, as a lot of pc gamers don't care greatly for Halo and haven't found the need to get Vista yet, and this won't do it.[/quote]
Damn straight, gamers won't/don't like DRM... :D

Seriousily though, I have no idea if I'll ever upgrade to Vista. I guess it's just a matter of time to see if MS gets that, or if they push Vista only games down our throats. Oh well, I have a few game consoles too, so no biggie! Heck, I already own Halo 1/2 on the XBOX and the PC version of Halo didn't offer much else than mouse & keyboard use. A plus I'll admit, but still not worth $50, even if there are new maps. :D

Wondered why the release date has changed on EB's website. And I hadn't gotten a call about my pre-order. Going to assume the recall is real and I'm stuck waiting AGAIN. :(

[quote name='Thebostonrag']Hey, I'm an employee at my local CC, and yeah, we put ours out early because it wasn't street dated and the computers there let us sell it, but you know what? A day later we got an email from corporate saying to pull them as they had been recalled. Hopefully your copy works fine. I haven't heard anything about the games actually being defective or anything, but we were instructed to pull them and send them back to the manufacturer because of a recall. So yeah, I just wanted to let you all know that.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm thinking I know why I'm missing a product key.

[quote name='tilcfast']Anyone know if CC is honoring the 39.99 price they advertised for the original May 8 release?[/QUOTE]

I got them to do it by showing them the ad and explaining that they didn't have it when they said they would.

That was a week ago, however.

bread's done
Back