Found Skygunner (PS2) for $10

chrisflyer

CAGiversary!
Blockbuster had a copy of it for a long time that nobody ever rented, so they finally sold it. To me!! $9.99 with manual, and it's in great condition.

That's a good deal.

It took me months to get one off EBgames.com . . . checked every morning for over 3 months.

They had it for $8 (about $6 shipped after coupons). Came 2 weeks ago haven't played it :whistle2:( But its one reason why I can wait for new releases to drop in price (Doom 3, God of War, RE4) if I can't play all my cheapies, then I can wait for the hot games to get cheap.

I've seen where Gamestop has reduced the price on Skygunner to $9.99 a little while a go. I was at a couple of stores, but they only had the game disk sans case and manual so I passed. I thought this game was somewhat rare, but I may have been wrong with a price drop like that.

The game is quite rare, just not hot. There is not a big market for it, but it is not common. Others include:

Way of the Samurai 2
Echo Night Beyond
Bujingai
RAD

This is typical of games with low-preorders. The initial print run is the only run, so usually there is no overstock. Demand may be core and niche, and strong, but not in numbers to justify high prices.

Games like Intelligent Qube, Poy Poy, and Puzzle Bobble, on the PS1 are evidence of this trend in the last gen

I bought this game new about 3 months after it came out. It got good reviews and I was wanting something new. Anyway, when I asked for it at the counter, the manager (EB Games) said that this was the first copy of Skygunner she had sold. I was a little suprised but I guess that shows how little attention some games get.

I got a copy of eBay as well only to walk into GameStop the other day and find a $9 mint copy sitting there. They had a copy of R.A.D. too for $17 AD...

Now I feel like a idiot for paying $25 for a copy at Fry's...

Of course, this was before I discovered CAG so I shouldn't make the same type of mistake again.

bread's done
Back