Found two rare GC games on Ebuyer.com

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I haven't bought either of these myself, but I thought I would post these just to demonstrate that some of these games are, indeed, still out there. I remember getting Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 from this site, but couldn't find anything else tremendously interesting. Now that I've done more research, I found some more good deals on games that are so hard to find that they still command $50 despite their age. It's not going to be good for multiple copies, though, and here's why: shipping is $5.61 for one game, because they have incorrect weights for the games - they're all supposedly 1.00 lb. - and so 5 copies of the game comes out to an estimate of 5 pounds. As a result, it's almost $5 for each additional item, the dumb bastards. But then again, this is CAG, not Fatwallet. Enjoy.

Disney Sports Soccer $26.96 http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=150434

Gotcha Force $16.80 (they have 336 of them!) http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=1021612957&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=131371

[quote name='sonarrat']Are you in the UK? If you are set to go to the UK site (it's the default) and not the US site you won't see them..[/QUOTE]

What do you mean am I in the UK? Do I live in the Uk? Am I clicking it for the first time to the site which is UK? Are there two sites UK and USA? How would you change it?

Try this:

1) Go to www.ebuyer.com
2) Choose the US site, check the box so it remembers
3) Enter site and put the quick find codes 150434 and 131371 into the search box

It's a really cumbersome site.. seems really underdeveloped. YMMV, I think, though I did get Document of Metal Gear.

Finally. This is how it works. There's two different sites. USA and UK. If you're first time clicking on this site, the default is UK site. So there's no way you can get on the deals. Lower left is an icon right below that picture "win an xbox 360". Change it to usa and you should see the deals.

Worth buying to play? Gotcha Force is supposed to be rather good, but I was turned off by the presentation when I rented it from Gamefly. And the Disney game is almost certainly not worth buying to play. But they're both great collector's items which fetch good money on Amazon and Ebay.

I was actually looking for Gotcha Force recently, and this looks like a good deal for me. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Thanks!

You're welcome. :)

They also have Disney's Hide and Seek, btw. It's not as rare, but they do have it. I may bite the bullet and get them both, but I really need to contact them about the 1.00lb standard package size. It's making the cost of shipping WAY too high.

Darkwatch for PS2 appears to be only $7.97. Though I have a feeling it may be the guide.

Also, Tork for XBox is only $5.61!

ebuyer has a history of taking orders for items that don't actuall have, regardless of what the website says. they also can be problematic to cancel after the fact. just fyi.

They canceled my order of the PS2 MGS Substance - I was pretty sure they didn't have it anyway. But they updated the stock for Gotcha Force from 336 yesterday to 334 today, so I think at least that one is good.

[quote name='kiril']I was actually looking for Gotcha Force recently, and this looks like a good deal for me. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well, I got my package today, and sadly, what I received was not Gotcha Forca, but some Jump Start reading software for the PC/Mac. And the package came about 5:20 Pacific Time, which is after when they take support calls, so I won't be able to contact them about this by phone until Monday. I did send an email stating the problem.

This is my first order with eBuyer, and I'm not happy with the results at the moment. I can understand some holiday chaos though, so if they fix the problem quickly and without incident once I contact them I won't hold a grudge.

Did anyone else order Gotcha Force from eBuyer? If so, have you received it yet?

[quote name='kiril']Well, I got my package today, and sadly, what I received was not Gotcha Forca, but some Jump Start reading software for the PC/Mac. And the package came about 5:20 Pacific Time, which is after when they take support calls, so I won't be able to contact them about this by phone until Monday. I did send an email stating the problem.

This is my first order with eBuyer, and I'm not happy with the results at the moment. I can understand some holiday chaos though, so if they fix the problem quickly and without incident once I contact them I won't hold a grudge.

Did anyone else order Gotcha Force from eBuyer? If so, have you received it yet?[/QUOTE]

I ordered Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (Xbox) and received a Nordic Flexlight from ebuyer this week. Either they refund all of my money (including shipping) and pay for return shipping or will they get a nice Credit Card Dispute.

They have one Xbox 360 bundle for $700 in stock if anyone wants it

Edit: They also have the wireless controller for $38, wired for $32, Kameo for $44

[quote name='KnightofHearts']They have one Xbox 360 bundle for $700 in stock if anyone wants it

Edit: They also have the wireless controller for $38, wired for $32, Kameo for $44[/QUOTE]

I love spot! Glad to see someone thinks enough to put him in their avatar. We need a new spot game.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I ordered Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (Xbox) and received a Nordic Flexlight from ebuyer this week. Either they refund all of my money (including shipping) and pay for return shipping or will they get a nice Credit Card Dispute.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yea, 'cause that's an easy mistake to make. :roll:

I guess you were trying to get them to resell? Dont know why you would want those titles. Anyway, I dont think it worked out for many.

[quote name='pthagonal']I guess you were trying to get them to resell? Dont know why you would want those titles. Anyway, I dont think it worked out for many.[/QUOTE]

Resell? No, my kids and I just like robot games. We play Tech Romancer on the Dreamcast and Custom Robo on the Gamecube. Gotcha Force looked like a nice addition if i could get it at a reasonable price.

[quote name='kiril']Well, I got my package today, and sadly, what I received was not Gotcha Forca, but some Jump Start reading software for the PC/Mac. And the package came about 5:20 Pacific Time, which is after when they take support calls, so I won't be able to contact them about this by phone until Monday. I did send an email stating the problem.

Did anyone else order Gotcha Force from eBuyer? If so, have you received it yet?[/QUOTE]

The same shit happened to me. I got this dumb 2nd grade game software. I won't be shopping at their site again. I hate going through the hassle of calling back and forth.

[quote name='videodrone']Gotcha Force appears to be gone[/QUOTE]

no im still here :cool:

if anyone lives in the bay area ill come to your door and say hi...

Don't even shop at this site. Called customer service and I have to send it back UPS when I don't even drive. Now I have to carry the dumb box and walk about a mile to go to the UPS. This is so out of my way. fucking ebuyer.com.

[quote name='beguile']Don't even shop at this site. Called customer service and I have to send it back UPS when there's no UPS around my area. Plus I don't even drive. I'm fucked. Stuck with this shitty software and lost about $50 dollars. fucking ebuyer.com.[/QUOTE]

Call you credit card company and do a dispute.

[quote name='Graystone']Call you credit card company and do a dispute.[/QUOTE]

I did. They can't do shit cause it's authorized transaction. Now I have to go through the hassle and trouble. I filed a complaint with BBB and write a few bad reviews online.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wow, glad I set this one out....

Best wishes to everyone dealing with this mess.[/QUOTE]

I heard stories about certain online retailers but this crap never happened to me. This is the first time I ordered an item and received something else. Their reviews are terrible. There's the recent reviews.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1463.html

[quote name='Gotchaforce']no im still here :cool:

if anyone lives in the bay area ill come to your door and say hi...[/QUOTE]

Heh. I'm in the bay area. :)

Here's the deal I figured out after calling them. Apparently, what happened is that some items got crossed in their database with the same item number. The phone agent didn't explain it well but that's the gist of it.

My interpretation was that at some point they had Gotcha Force but sold out some time ago, then more recently another item got put in (the Jump Start software) with the same item number. But the info for the old item wasn't completely cleared out, so that's the mix up.

That explanation doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't see why an item number would ever need to be used for two different things -- each item should always be unique.

Furthermore, the agent directed me to the web site to request a return. I went ahead and did so, and I'm still waiting to get my response on that. I'm a little upset that the phone agent couldn't process the return request and I had to return to the web site.

I won't be buying from eBuyer again. Even if the return goes well, I have no faith in their ordering system.

On a positive note, I stopped by a GameStop yesterday just to browse, and amazingly, they got in a copy of Gotcha Force when I immediately snapped up. It's a used copy of course, but in good shape, both disc and box. Unfortunately, the instruction booklet is missing. But I'm happy to have the game at last.

bread's done
Back