Fox DVDs Anamorphic or not?

thebarrett86

CAG Veteran
this has been driving me crazy. Has Fox stopped listing if the disc is anamorphic? or what is going on. here is why i'm confused.

for example,

:hot: some of the Fox re-releases with the holographic slip covers do not list "Anamorphic" below "Widescreen" but if you slip off the cover it states "Anamorphic Widescreen".

:roll: Some of the steelbook re-releases are the same, some list it, some don't. Like Fight Club and Hannibal.

:drool: And now the new Reno: 911 Miami Unrated does not list "Anamorphic" on the slip cover or the case.

:bomb: can someone please tell me whats going on? i dont wanna buy a dvd to find out that its nothing but a non-anamorphic coaster.

farley.gif

The Uber Blog

The only Fox DVDs that I know personally off hand that are non-anamorphic are the following:

The Abyss
Star Wars Original Trilogy 2 disc releases (Original verison on disc 2)
Mrs. Doubtfire (non-SE)
Wing Commander
Towering Inferno (non-SE)
Posideion Adventure (non-SE)
Die Hard trilogy (original barebones releases, long OOP thankfully)

There are others but I can't think of which ones.

As far as Reno it is anamorphic. Nearly all Fox widescreen releases today are anamorphic even if the box doesn't state it. Hell "Harsh Realm" and "Millennium Season 2" state "Full Screen 1.78:1" on the back. :rofl:

[quote name='Demolition Man'] Nearly all Fox widescreen releases today are anamorphic even if the box doesn't state it. Hell "Harsh Realm" and "Millennium Season 2" state "Full Screen 1.78:1" on the back. :rofl:[/quote]
Same thing with Angel Season 2.

House Season 1 was non-anamorphic widescreen.

I don't know about season 2 or the upcoming season 3 release.

[quote name='Chuplayer']House Season 1 was non-anamorphic widescreen.

I don't know about season 2 or the upcoming season 3 release.[/QUOTE]

That's Universal not Fox

bread's done
Back