FOX Reporter Put in Place Re: Rev. Wright 'Scandal'

mykevermin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (97%)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0wvQMqSzTM[/media]

This reporter is juvenile, offers up ridiculously loaded and biased questions, seems centered not on getting answers but trying to push the agenda of Jeremiah Wright as anti-American, and in the process, is significantly put in his place by a priest, Mike Pfleger, who happens to be armed with the knowledge of the world we live in.

Man, I've half a mind to start attending Catholic Mass again on account of Pfleger's pure, unadulterated fucking ownage of this high-school-paper reporter. Just pathetic.

But, on the plus side, listening to the way the reporter is framing his questions and trying to debate Pfleger, you get some substantial insight into how 'fair and balanced' and 'we report/you decide' FOX really is.

:lol: I love that guy, i can't place the accent, but the way he spoke wasn't as stuffy and straight laced as i would expect.

You heard it here folks, Rev. Wright ain't no hata'.:D

:rofl:
Such loaded questions and such a pathetic defense on the part of the "reporter." I laughed when the reporter mentioned the line from Dr. King's Washington speech as the basis for his whole philosophy. Anyone who did even the slightest bit of research into Dr. King's life would know that near the end, he saw the suffering of African-Americans as part of a larger problem with poverty in America. Thus, in his final days, King was becoming more of a crusader against poverty as a whole.

I'd love anyone at Fox to try to explain why anyone watching that should give a flying fuck what that reporter thinks.

The humor value of anyone there trying to criticize any other person or outlet as being "hateful" is off the charts, too. How many times have they had Ann Coulter on? So yeah, hate against Mexicans, Muslims, liberals, homosexuals ... fine, that's just standing up for good, old-fashioned American values.

There's nothing worse than a bully that thinks it's a victim.

[quote name='trq']

The humor value of anyone there trying to criticize any other person or outlet as being "hateful" is off the charts, too. How many times have they had Ann Coulter on? So yeah, hate against Mexicans, Muslims, liberals, homosexuals [/QUOTE]

I'd like to see your proof for Fox News's hate against any of those things. And while you're at it, show me proof of Ann Coulter hating mexicans. Show me a quote that's obviously anti-mexican and not anti-illegal immigration.

That video was retarded. The reporter clearly wasn't prepared to have that discussion, and the priest was clearly a sympathizer of some pretty stupid shit.

Edit: I know most of you are in love with Obama, which automatically means two things:
1) You hate Fox News
2) You are obviously going to give his friends that are racist and divisive free passes.

So it's pointless for me to do much more than just offer my oppnion that this video is lame.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'd like to see your proof for Fox News's hate against any of those things. And while you're at it, show me proof of Ann Coulter hating mexicans. Show me a quote that's obviously anti-mexican and not anti-illegal immigration.

That video was retarded. The reporter clearly wasn't prepared to have that discussion, and the priest was clearly a sympathizer of some pretty stupid shit.

Edit: I know most of you are in love with Obama, which automatically means two things:
1) You hate Fox News
2) You are obviously going to give his friends that are racist and divisive free passes.

So it's pointless for me to do much more than just offer my oppnion that this video is lame.[/quote]
An unbiased opinion from an unbiased person.:rofl:

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'd like to see your proof for Fox News's hate against any of those things. And while you're at it, show me proof of Ann Coulter hating mexicans. Show me a quote that's obviously anti-mexican and not anti-illegal immigration.[/QUOTE]

Oh, but I *don't* have to show you proof that Coulter hates liberals, Muslims, and homosexuals, presumably because you can Google Coulter's name, along with "traitor," "raghead," "force them to convert," and "f*g" all by yourself, huh? Well, okay. Then consider this column (http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21029#continueA), where she compares America to a roach motel. Any guesses who she considers to be the roaches?

It's actually a trick question: it isn't just Mexicans; it's literally all non-white immigrants -- legal or not -- since 1960.

So if Fox news is all about the love and equality, why do they keep inviting her back, exactly?

[quote name='thrustbucket']2) You are obviously going to give his friends that are racist and divisive free passes.[/QUOTE]

Turnabout is fair play. I've yet to see anyone actually back up the allegations of Wright's "racism" with specific quotes. Care to take a crack, Thrust? (And please, give me enough credit to know that unless America is a race, "God damn America" doesn't count, k?)

[quote name='elprincipe']What kind of religious man takes the lord's name in vain?[/QUOTE]

Where was that?

[quote name='thrustbucket']The reporter clearly wasn't prepared to have that discussion, and the priest was clearly a sympathizer of some pretty stupid shit.[/quote]

The point is that it isn't the reporter's JOB, in an ideal universe anyway, to engage in debate, throw out loaded questions, and try to assert the inherent 'wrongness' of certain stances.

Reporters exist to offer up questions, nod, offer up followups for any necessary clarification, nod again, and transcribe. Again, in an ideal universe. This reporter is offering loaded questions, asserting the inherent wrongness of siding with Wright as well as referring to him as a racist and bigot (as if those are undeniable facts!), and trying to tell Pfleger that he is wrong to give the answers he gave.

Now, as a reporter, there is a place to tell someone their answer is wrong in two circumstances:
1) avoiding the issue; if you ask someone about the economy and they begin to talk about, say, the war on terror, then as a reporter it is your obligation to redirect them back to the question.
2) making incorrect claims; if you say "the economy is strong," yet foreclosures are skyrocketing, the dow is fluctuating more rapidly than before, unemployment is up, and companies are cutting jobs, then you have an obligation to say "what about these things that suggest the economy is not going strong?" The unemployment rate is, while not ideal, something based closer to reality than Wright's bigotry. I don't know that you would agree with that, and that's fine. But, if you believe Wright to be, without question, a racist and a bigot, then I believe that it is your biases that fail to see where this interviewer is overstepping the traditional bounds of journalism.

1) You hate Fox News

So it's pointless for me to do much more than just offer my oppnion that this video is lame.

I'd like to see why you think it is lame. You don't have to agree with Pfleger's point of view to see where FOX News' concept of journalism is demonstrated here, and how incongruous it is with those in other forms of media.

Except those two schmucks who did the Democrat debate the other night. That was some bullshit, too. ;)

[quote name='trq']

Turnabout is fair play. I've yet to see anyone actually back up the allegations of Wright's "racism" with specific quotes. Care to take a crack, Thrust? (And please, give me enough credit to know that unless America is a race, "God damn America" doesn't count, k?)

[/QUOTE]

Now I am sure just how each individual quote could be considered racist, could be argued. But I think if any white person said similar things, especially generalizations about white people, it would be considered racist. So yes, I find every single statement, by him, generalizing "white america" or "white supremecy" racist and offensive. And many people do.

But, taken as a whole, through all his quotes, you start to get the flavor of his massive bigotry.

He is at the very worst, a racist, and at the very best, a divisive corrupting influence for the people he cares about most.

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.”

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.”

We need to educate our children to the reality of white supremacy. We need to educate our children as to the difference between desegregation and equality, the difference between the legal issues and the spiritual issues; and the difference between access in this country as opposed to acceptance in this country!

We need to educate our children about the white supremacist’s foundations of the educational system, the educational philosophy and the very curricula that immerses them in a culture of white supremacy from kindergarten through graduate school! We need to educate our children how to navigate the dangerous waters that lie ahead of them in this 21st century.

telling his congregation the United States knew of the attack on Pearl Harbor before the Japanese struck, the U.S. would plant weapons of mass destruction in Iraq “just like the LAPD,” and those committing black-on-black crime are “fighting the wrong enemy.”

“The government lied about Pearl Harbor. They knew the Japanese were going to attack. Government’s lied.”
“We’ve got a paranoid group of patriots in power that now, in the interest of homeland stupidity - I mean homeland security …”
“The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African-American men with syphilis …”
“Fighting for peace is like raping for virginity.”
“… what’s going on in white America, U.S. of KKKA …”
“Black men turning on black men - that is fighting the wrong enemy. You both are the primary targets in an oppressive society that sees both of you as a dangerous threat.”

Speaking at the Washington, D.C., school’s Andrew Rankin Memorial Chapel, Wright said, “We started the AIDS virus. … We are only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that Third World people live in grinding poverty.”
The pastor reportedly said in a sermon just after 9/11, “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

"It is incontestable and deplorable that [African Americans] have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society."

"The question is not whether we will be extremist but what kind of extremist will we be."
"All of America's wealth today could not adequately compensate [African Americans] for [their] centuries of exploitation and humiliation."

There are schools like Howard, which have a predominately black student population. I wouldn't say that his comment would apply to it, but possibly to some other schools and areas.

I would dare say that maybe Rev. Wright is living somewhat in the past, but his comments still have at least a bit of truth to them. This is really no different than what Bush did after 9/11, trying to instill fear into people. Wright says things like this to rally his people, just like the republicans lied about weapons in Iraq to rally the American people to the cause of war.

[quote name='JolietJake']There are schools like Howard, which have a predominately black student population. I wouldn't say that his comment would apply to it, but possibly to some other schools and areas.

I would dare say that maybe Rev. Wright is living somewhat in the past, but his comments still have at least a bit of truth to them. This is really no different than what Bush did after 9/11, trying to instill fear into people. Wright says things like this to rally his people, just like the republicans Bush Administration lied about weapons in Iraq to rally the American people to the cause of war.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. And Agreed.

Both tactics are similar. Neither are ultimately good for society, or the world.

thrust, post a link for the source you took your quotes from.

And anyone who dares use the claim that the government lied about the Tuskeegee syphillis experiment as a means to prove or reinforce Wright's bigotry/paranoia/racism clearly has *NO* idea what the Tuskeegee syphillis experiment was in the first place.

I recommend that you go look it up, since you uncritically quoted it to help paint Wright as a liar and a bigot.

[quote name='mykevermin']thrust, post a link for the source you took your quotes from.

And anyone who dares use the claim that the government lied about the Tuskeegee syphillis experiment as a means to prove or reinforce Wright's bigotry/paranoia/racism clearly has *NO* idea what the Tuskeegee syphillis experiment was in the first place.

I recommend that you go look it up, since you uncritically quoted it to help paint Wright as a liar and a bigot.[/QUOTE]

I simply did a google search of "Jeremiah Wright Racist" and found a number of links from a number of sources that had quotes excerpted from his sermons or writings. I'm not going to go back and do it again to line up links, because I'm suppose to be working and that will take awhile.

If that makes the quotes less believable or taken out of context, then that's fine.

My main goal in those quotes were simply to show that Wright is incendiary and divisive. He's incredibly racially divisive. And anyone that thinks that type of talk is good for kids to grow up with and focus on or is good for societies progress in any way, needs a mental examination.

Generalizing ethnic groups consistently, to me, is the sure sign of a racist. Especially when the generalizations are negative.

Oh and building a 1.6 million dollar retirement home after a 20 year career of generalizing and flaming "rich white people" is....... well, rich.

Also, pointing out that modern American society does not treat whites the same way it treats minorities may be racially divisive in your eyes, but what do you recommend he preaches about race relations in modern America?

Should he go the Bill Cosby route, and ignore and not even mention race until the last few years, and in every context in which he brings it up heap shame and blame solely on black people for having created their own disadvantages?

Really, what do you think his approach to race should be?

We can agree that his polemical approach isn't ideal. But we disagree in that I think the majority of what he says is quite true, with a few Ron Paul/Alex Jones/level1online-caliber paranoid "the government gave us HIV" exceptions.

So, is he being racially divisive, incorrect, or both? If he's not incorrect, then all this criticism is for naught, since at that point we're dabbling in semantics.

[quote name='mykevermin']Also, pointing out that modern American society does not treat whites the same way it treats minorities may be racially divisive in your eyes, but what do you recommend he preaches about race relations in modern America?

Should he go the Bill Cosby route, and ignore and not even mention race until the last few years, and in every context in which he brings it up heap shame and blame solely on black people for having created their own disadvantages?

Really, what do you think his approach to race should be?

We can agree that his polemical approach isn't ideal. But we disagree in that I think the majority of what he says is quite true, with a few Ron Paul/Alex Jones/level1online-caliber paranoid "the government gave us HIV" exceptions.

So, is he being racially divisive, incorrect, or both? If he's not incorrect, then all this criticism is for naught, since at that point we're dabbling in semantics.[/QUOTE]

I think his focus, in his sermons, is divisive. Regardless of truth in them.

I agree with you that Blacks have a different experience in America as White's. But the answer can't be to point out every little detail of that, and make sure that you are noticing the ones not being noticed.

What good does it do anyone to focus on the negative of everything? That's why Democrats couldn't beat Bush the last election, imo. You can't win anything, or change anything, simply by bitching about situations. It doesn't work. Offer constructive criticism or avoid the subject. Offering only inflammatory observations does nothing but make problems worse.

If a white preacher got up and droned on all the time about how Blacks had it worse in Africa and were slaves there too..... how does that help anyone? There is truth to that. But so? Does it make people treat each other better to say so? Not likely.

Racial tension, unfortunately, has had it's roots in various religious congregations for a long time. I am sure it still happens. I am sure many white people (especially in the south) cultivate racial bigotry in their churches. But you don't fight that by doing the same thing. It won't stop until everyone stops and raises the bar.

What should he do? What any responsible church leader should do - who's job is suppose to be uplifting people, cultivating an understanding of love and tolerance, and helping people understand the importance of service to fellowmen. What do other spiritual leaders do, that call themselves Christian, to facilitate a more "Christlike" consciousness among the congregation?

I shouldn't have to list what Wright should do to fulfill those requirements, it should be obvious. But a spiritual leader certainly shouldn't constantly sound like he is rallying troops for a mysterious future battle.

Forgiving, love, and treating your neighbor as you would treat yourself, is a good start - for any prospective spiritual leader.

[quote name='elprincipe']Listen from about 1:30 in the video.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The video's a bit on the long side, so I was hoping you'd recognize that as a serious question. I'll give it a listen.

[quote name='MrBadExample']Hillary should hope the Jeremiah Wright story goes away or she will have to explain why she and Bill had him to the White House.[/quote]

everything she says is a contradiction. She says Mccain has a lot of experience compared to Obama ie he is more ready to be pres, but soon as Obama says that McCain would be better than bush she jumps on him. She say Obama can't handle questions during the debate because he complained. She was the one complaining about getting all the questions first, first. She brings up Ayers, Clinton pardoned two weathermen. She brings up the Clinton presidency when she needs to but pushes it away when she doesnt. She questions anyone who meets/endorsed by Farrakan (sp) but then there is video of Ed Rendell praising him, and she says nothing.

That little shithead reporter was trying to incite that priest. In the priest's shoes I would have cast a Rank 9 Smite on his ass

I don't know who got pwnd more, the dipshit reporter or thrustbucket, lol.

Either way, don't you think a Rank 9 Smite is a little extreme there gobz? I know that FOX, it's reporters/entertainers, and it's followers are symptomatic of everything that is wrong with this country, but seriouisly man WTF, Rank 9!?

[quote name='pittpizza']I don't know who got pwnd more, the dipshit reporter or thrustbucket, lol.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I missed it.... Could you point out where I was Pwnd? You clearly didn't read all of my last post.

Oh, I guess being the one person in the thread not on the bandwagon and has original thought makes me Pwnd. Sorry, I'll try to remember that....

[quote name='pittpizza']but seriouisly man WTF, Rank 9!?[/quote]

You think under the circumstances a simple "Shadow Word: Pain" would suffice?

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm sorry, I missed it.... Could you point out where I was Pwnd? You clearly didn't read all of my last post.

Oh, I guess being the one person in the thread not on the bandwagon and has original thought makes me Pwnd. Sorry, I'll try to remember that....[/QUOTE]

Is not being ludicrously misinformed and dishonest a bandwagon now?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Oh, I guess being the one person in the thread not on the bandwagon and has original thought makes me Pwnd. Sorry, I'll try to remember that....[/QUOTE]

I feel Wright is a racist as well, not to mention as loony as level1online.

bread's done
Back