FPS Freek/Kontol Freek review, discussion.

I have not used them but I have read and watched reviews. Alot of people say they do help. Some have also said they dont and they hurt your thumbs. They're only $10 so it may be worth trying.

I have not used them and I have wondered about them as well. I can see how the are effective being that you are extended the height of the stick which, in theory, would allow more precise aiming/movement to your FPS gaming. Depending on your sensitivity in game I think these could work if you adjusted your play style to it. But I am pretty sure they would hurt my thumbs since I know I would be over extending my thumbs to move properly. Still, 10$ is 10$ ( plus shipping and handling ). Let me know how it goes if you do get them.

It takes a few days to get used to but I can't play without them now. Totally recommended. They are pricey without a coupon, but assuming you get used to them you won't regret the purchase. I've had them for about 2 years and honestly can't use a standard 360 controller anymore.

Stay away from the Speed Freeks though. Complete waste of money.

I got them for free from GoGamer a while back (they just threw them in a box as a trial thing) and I didn't like them much. They do help if you're planning on playing competitively in competitions, but if you're not at a pro level of gaming then they aren't going to make much of a difference. My main complaint is they make the controller feel bulkier. I'm just really accustomed to how the analog sticks are already, I guess.

Love the FPS version Won't take long to get used to and you'll be turning up the sensitivity levels. $10.99 free shipping from Amazon.

Only word of warning they are not made to be removed often so plan on having a shooter controller and a normal controller.

[quote name='$hady']
Only word of warning they are not made to be removed often so plan on having a shooter controller and a normal controller.[/QUOTE]

That's what I initially thought, but I just use my FPS Freek controller for everything. Granted I only use one "Freek" on the right analog, which doesn't get used for much in non FPS games.

Totally worth it for me. Been using them for a few months now and using a controller without them feels extremely odd. It takes about a week or so to get used to them but after that it's golden.

My K/D in COD definitely went up because of them as advertised.

I have these and only tried them a little, but to be honest, I can't really tell that it makes any difference. It certainly makes you position your thumb up higher, and it does affect aiming, but does it actually make it better? For me that's definitely up in the air. Sometimes I think it does nothing, sometimes maybe something good, sometimes I think maybe it just makes it even harder to aim with an analog stick, something I've never really been that good at. I still ended up taking judicious advantage of auto-aiming in Red Dead Redemption, which pretty much makes the things moot. Maybe these are more of a positive if you actually can already aim decently well with an analog stick, or maybe with more time I'll find then more obviously useful. Or maybe not.

They do make aiming more precise, but it'll only make a good player better; if you suck at games, it's not going to suddenly make you good or anything.

Dunno what someone else is talking about but they are super easy to take off, and I use both add-ons on both sticks, for basically every game. Makes the controller feel much more substantial (especially with an added chatpad) and makes the sticks feel much better. After you get used to them, the normal joysticks on the 360 feel cheap and small in comparison. I've had 0 problems with them overextending my thumbs or making my hands hurt, but then again, I don't have a little girl's hands.

Highly recommended, and you can also get these on Amazon and other online sites now, do you don't just have to pay the actual site's high prices.

bread's done
Back