Frag Controller for The Xbox 360

popemogoth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I saw it in a gamestop advertising before but I forgot the name of it. I want to purchase so I can use it for Halo 3. It's bascially half a controller with analog stick and d-pad attached to a mouse with hard pad. If anyone has links please share.

[quote name='popemogoth']Ahhhh! That's it but I'm sure there was another like it but was in the xbox color. Thanks for the link.[/QUOTE]

the white one you saw was an earlier model for the ps2.

unfortunately for us The only viable option for mouse and keyboard
is the XFPS adapter
XFPS%20360.jpg
witch alone costs about $90 and would require a wired controller as well. i was seriously considering buying one but all the reports i read on them said there was a huge problem with mouse speed as Console games arent designed to allow you to move your targeting as fast as pc game.

for the mouse movement issues on the xfps, wouldn't u be able to change the sensitivity in game? i know for every game i play i bump the sensitivity up to make the controller feel more like a mouse.

either way i heard the same bad reports and im kinda glad. if that thing worked flawlessly it'd be frustrating for anyone that didn't have one.

[quote name='GeneralJenkins']for the mouse movement issues on the xfps, wouldn't u be able to change the sensitivity in game?[/QUOTE]

to a certain extent yes, but not to the point where it would truly feel like a pc game.
again this is only what ive read.

Yeah, I've looked into mouse/keyboard setups on the 360 and there really isn't a "cheap" way of going about it. What really sucks is that since the damn machine already has USB, why not allow it? Better yet, why not create an overlay software allowing you to map the keyboard keys to controller keys so that the devs don't need to put in any extra effort to support M/K.

Aside from UT3 on the PS3, I don't think this generation will see M/K support anytime soon.

i agree. And MS is ,in there infinite wisdom, missing out on a huge opportunity to make money. If they released an official wireless keyboard and mouse pack that was white and had the xbox button and everything on it and called it the FPS controller think about how many they would sell, even at a $100 - $120 dollar price point i think they would sell a shitload. but NO. they are to busy making garbage like, blue and pink controllers and shitty little chat pads that no one uses. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

[quote name='jakehoss']but NO. they are to busy making garbage like, blue and pink controllers and shitty little chat pads that no one uses. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:[/quote]
Don't forget those ugly Halo controllers.

Oh wait...

[quote name='mrelusive']Don't forget those ugly Halo controllers.

Oh wait...[/QUOTE]

haha, Hey fuck that .. i love my halo controller. but id love a keyboard and mouse more.

[quote name='jakehoss']the white one you saw was an earlier model for the ps2.

unfortunately for us The only viable option for mouse and keyboard
is the XFPS adapter
XFPS%20360.jpg
witch alone costs about $90 and would require a wired controller as well. i was seriously considering buying one but all the reports i read on them said there was a huge problem with mouse speed as Console games arent designed to allow you to move your targeting as fast as pc game.[/quote]

I have this thing. Its not worth the money.

The number one problem with it, has nothing to do with the device itself. The main issue is that alot...well ALL of the FPS games on the 360 use autoaim. Unless theres an option in the game to turn that completely off, the mouse feels all weird when looking around. Kinda laggy.

Another issue is that you cant map any button on your controller to any button on your keyboard. There are certain 'presets' that you cant really change. The presets are designed around using WASD for controll. And if your a lefty, or anyone else who uses the arrow keys to control a FPS, your screwed.

Also, not only do you need a wired controller, but Ive found that it only works with the official wired controller. I borrowed a couple of cheapy 3rd party controllers from friends and it didnt work with them. I had to go buy the official Microsoft pad.

I havent tried it with any of the newer FPS's. I think in Halo3 you can turn off autoaim. Not sure about CoD4 or Orange Box. I bought it when I first got my 360 and was playing R6Vegas. I was a Mouse+KB player for many years, and I didnt want to adjust to playing with sticks.

Microsoft has a new controller on the horizon. Supposed to be the same design but with a new right analog stick. They announced it a year or so ago but have yet to update consumers on progress. Maybe CES?

bread's done
Back