Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon COMING TO NORTH AMERICA

Hope I don't regret purchasing the game, I couldn't pass it up once it showed up in my Gold Box for $44 with free 2 day shipping. And I have a feeling it will be a hard game to find in the future.

My daughter (9 years old), and I just finished the game, and all I can honestly say is, incredible.. I have NO regrets what so ever, for paying full price for this game, and despite the small things, like depth perception, and some combat control issues (A little difficult at times, but NEVER to the point, that she and I were in any trouble), the game did not disappoint one bit.. The game itself, is honestly more of what the Wii, and honestly other systems need more of. We wrapped it up in about 13 1/2 hours or so, and truly I don't feel cheated at all.

The scenery, was amazing graphically, and honestly pulled us further within.. The use of the Wiimote was, great as well, especially hearing things around you, before you see them, and more so, being able to communicate as well. If you played already you know what I mean, for those who haven't, you'll see.

Yes, a bit cryptic, but I do not want to ruin anything for anyone.

My opinion, I know this is CAG, and cheap is the key, but you will not go wrong for snagging this at full price. Also add the amazing OST if Gamestop still has it, is a bonus win. If you can't do that, Itunes has the OST as well, for 11.99, for 30 tracks, and a digital book as well.

Anyways, I hope to see more opinions of this great game, and can't wait to see if we get any other titles like this, state side.

[quote name='Licasguy']If you can't do that, Itunes has the OST as well, for 11.99, for 30 tracks, and a digital book as well.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Ok, now that shit pisses me off. First, I was told that I was getting a soundtrack disc with my preorder, not a fucking excerpt. Secondly, I don't want that iTunes lossy digital shit, I want a CD. Grrr . . .

(For those who don't know, the CD that came with it was 12 tracks, not 30, and it was just in a cardboard sleeve, no book.)

Oh well, they screwed themselves. I've got 12 of the 30 tracks, and there's no way in hell I'm paying another $11.99 for the remaining ones (especially not from fucking iTunes).

[quote name='arcane93']Are you serious? Ok, now that shit pisses me off. First, I was told that I was getting a soundtrack disc with my preorder, not a fucking excerpt. Secondly, I don't want that iTunes lossy digital shit, I want a CD. Grrr . . .

(For those who don't know, the CD that came with it was 12 tracks, not 30, and it was just in a cardboard sleeve, no book.)

Oh well, they screwed themselves. I've got 12 of the 30 tracks, and there's no way in hell I'm paying another $11.99 for the remaining ones (especially not from fucking iTunes).[/QUOTE]

Be glad you got the CD :p Some of us weren't as lucky, walking into GS and having the employees shrug and tell you it apparently didn't ship. It does suck somewhat, as I've listened to some of the tracks via some YouTube stuff, and the music is fantastic.

[quote name='Nirron']Be glad you got the CD :p Some of us weren't as lucky, walking into GS and having the employees shrug and tell you it apparently didn't ship. It does suck somewhat, as I've listened to some of the tracks via some YouTube stuff, and the music is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's why I never order things with pre-order bonuses from a GameStop store. I've heard far too many stories just like that. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with getting a bonus from a web order that they mail to me.

I managed to snag a copy of the OST from a gamestop that had an extra copy. I do feel like it was dumb to only include 12 tracks on it, especially when itunes has all 30. Very disappointing but I can't complain too much since I got it for free.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Very disappointing but I can't complain too much since I got it for free.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the thing is, though, I don't consider it "free" because I probably wouldn't have bought this game at launch without it, I would have waited for an opportunity to get it on sale. So really, I paid the difference between the launch price and the later sale price for the soundtrack disc. And yeah, I get to play the game sooner this way, but it's not like I'm hurting for stuff to play.

Meh, whatever . . . I'm just going to assume that the CD picks out the best of the tracks and skips the filler.

Finally getting around to playing this inbetween bouts of monster hunter tri. I really really love the atmosphere. The combat is simplistic and really, it feels unnecessary, though maybe it'll change later on. I would love to just explore the world and hear all the memories of people while searching for the girl/unraveling the story. The combat just gets in the way of all that, but I guess they felt they had to have it in there. The crazy chicken dude also seems very out of place in a deserted world and feel like one of those they put in there as a safety precaution of having the world seem too empty or something.

bread's done
Back