Freaks and Geeks

It's a great show. You best bet would probably be deepdiscountdvd.com, It's about 43 bucks there with free shipping. I got it cheaper since I bought it when they had the 20% off coupon.

Yeah, you would have to wait about another 5 months for DDD to have their 20% sale. You just missed it last month. I think DDD would be the lowest price at this moment.

If you went to high school in the 80's, or even possibly the 90's, you'll like this. This is an excellent series, and is light years better at representing the factions and anxiety of high school than any other show i've seen [Fifteen probably gets second place...]
You can always check ebay or Half.com.
my wife was watching that show Life as we know it last night, and just the few minutes I saw/overheard looked 'fake' and Hollywood-ized.

This really was an amazing show, and well worth the money for the DVD set.

There's a site called DVDsoon.com, which is based in Canada. They have the set listed for $41.98 Canadian, which works out to roughly $34 American. When your credit card is billed, it will be for the lower (American) amount. It's still Region 1, so the DVDs will play in your player. This site is not bad and I didn't have a problem the one time I ordered from them. Personally, though, I think I'd recommend paying the little bit more with Deep Discount. You'll probably get your DVDs much quicker, and I think their reputation is a bit better. Just thought I'd let you know about the other option if price is your only concern.

Thanks for all the tips on this. I am going to wait for after the holidays with the hopes of getting a gift card somewhere and if not I'll check out deep discount!

[quote name='jimbodan']I've heard good things about this series too, I may have to check it out. How many seasons did it run?[/quote]

Just one season, 18 episodes including the 3 that were unaired in the US. The DVD set comes with 6 DVDs, 3 episodes per disc.

[quote name='Danimal']This really was an amazing show, and well worth the money for the DVD set.

There's a site called DVDsoon.com, which is based in Canada. They have the set listed for $41.98 Canadian, which works out to roughly $34 American. When your credit card is billed, it will be for the lower (American) amount. It's still Region 1, so the DVDs will play in your player. This site is not bad and I didn't have a problem the one time I ordered from them. Personally, though, I think I'd recommend paying the little bit more with Deep Discount. You'll probably get your DVDs much quicker, and I think their reputation is a bit better. Just thought I'd let you know about the other option if price is your only concern.[/quote]

DO NOT ORDER FROM DVDSOON.COM

I am still waiting (6 weeks now?) for a copy of Zelda I ordered from them. They won't issue a cash refund to me, only credit. I'd avoid at all costs.

This show was GREAT. I picked it up for my fiance and I ended up loving it just as much as her. I graduated HS in 1997, but I loved the 80's music in this show...Styx anyone ;)

Anyways, definetely a GOOD buy.

[quote name='Danimal']This really was an amazing show, and well worth the money for the DVD set.[/quote]

Danimal was actually the one that convinced me to pick this show up. ;) Absolutely great show.

i thought they eventually aired those three episodes (i am pretty sure that i saw them) albeit not on the original network

love the show, i don't own any dvd collections but if i were going to buy one this would be it

[quote name='gorgo']BEST DEAL: Dvdpacific.com has it for $30 right now.[/quote]

Is this website just like dvdsoon.com?

If it is than forget it. I don't want to get billed and wait months to get my product.

[quote name='dtcarson']If you went to high school in the 80's, or even possibly the 90's, you'll like this. This is an excellent series, and is light years better at representing the factions and anxiety of high school than any other show i've seen [Fifteen probably gets second place...]
You can always check ebay or Half.com.
my wife was watching that show Life as we know it last night, and just the few minutes I saw/overheard looked 'fake' and Hollywood-ized.[/quote]

Funny you should say that, because some of the writers who did F&G write for "life as we know it".

I agree, though, that this best represents Junior High/High School life than any show out there. I fell in love with it from the very start (NBC run).

[quote name='andrew333']i thought they eventually aired those three episodes (i am pretty sure that i saw them) albeit not on the original network

love the show, i don't own any dvd collections but if i were going to buy one this would be it[/quote]

You're right, the unaired episodes were eventually aired on the Fox Family Channel (now the ABC Family Channel) briefly the year after the show was canned. One of them especially, was one of the best episodes of the entire series IMO, namely "Kim Kelly is My Friend." The other two were damn good too, but hell, there really wasn't a single bad episode in the entire run if you ask me.

One of my favorite shows ever.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='Danimal']This really was an amazing show, and well worth the money for the DVD set.

There's a site called DVDsoon.com, which is based in Canada. They have the set listed for $41.98 Canadian, which works out to roughly $34 American. When your credit card is billed, it will be for the lower (American) amount. It's still Region 1, so the DVDs will play in your player. This site is not bad and I didn't have a problem the one time I ordered from them. Personally, though, I think I'd recommend paying the little bit more with Deep Discount. You'll probably get your DVDs much quicker, and I think their reputation is a bit better. Just thought I'd let you know about the other option if price is your only concern.[/quote]

DO NOT ORDER FROM DVDSOON.COM

I am still waiting (6 weeks now?) for a copy of Zelda I ordered from them. They won't issue a cash refund to me, only credit. I'd avoid at all costs.[/quote]

You CAN get a refund, you just have to go through some fucking hoops. After you cancel for "credit," then go to your profile and there is a link on the side that is something like request credit refund or something. It's in the FAQ on their customer service tab, too. That place blows.

This is one of the best shows ever, in my opinion. I completely ignored it while it was on NBC - I think they marketed it all wrong, having seen it, but that's another story - and ended up watching it earlier this year thanks to Netflix. I couldn't get enough after the first disc; I was staying up way too late after work every night and watching all three episodes as soon as a new one would come in the mail. I'm trying to find the set for purchase now 'cause I want to watch it again...and again...and again. Really excellent stuff and I think pretty universal - if you went to high school, period, there are things to relate to.

bread's done
Back