Fred Meyer - 20% all videogames (except clearance)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']digital devil saga for 39.99 also.

good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Is that before or after the 20% coupon?

What? Really? Damn, that's cool. After school tomorrow I guess I'll be picking up HSG:OT or Wipout Pure or Ridge Racer... Or something :whistle2:D

Did this just end? I was in Freddy's yesterday, no 20% tags were up, and I just went in there an hour ago, still no tags. Where exactly did you find this?

Called them up, indeed there is a 20% sale. Stupid lazy employees just didnt put the tags out. Anyways, scored Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC) and FIFA 2005 (XB) for $40 total. Along with Mom's Day stuff, of course.

Fred Meyer needs to get on the ball and drop their game prices when other retailers do. I doubt that they'll allow a pricematch and the coupon on the same sale. It would be nice to grab Tales of Symphonia and Burnout 3 for $16.00 each.

I was just about to post this deal too.
Today I got:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne ($40)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga ($40)
Hot Shot Golf Open Tee PSP ($32)
Ridge Racer PSP ($32)
Star Ocean III ($16)
Final Fantasy VII ($9)

The good thing about Fred Meyer is that they have some rare games, because not many people buy games from them so they usually have pretty good stock of old rare games. Too bad I couldn't find Disgaea though.

Not to hijack the thread, but the same Sunday flyer has a $4 off any $14.99 or higher DVD coupon. This would let you get the 2 disc criterion Life Aquatic for $15.99 Tuesday!

Ah, Fred Meyer is really having a good week, eh? ^_^ I wonder if they have Baiten Kaitos price dropped yet... or maybe Katamari Damacy *_*

Shit I wish there were a Fred Meyer around here since I wouldn't mind picking up "Darkstalkers Chaos Chronicles" on the PSP for $32. After all I think $40 is WAY too much for any portable game.
Fred Meyers is like Meijers right or do I have it wrong here?

[quote name='Sarang01']Shit I wish there were a Fred Meyer around here since I wouldn't mind picking up "Darkstalkers Chaos Chronicles" on the PSP for $32. After all I think $40 is WAY too much for any portable game.
Fred Meyers is like Meijers right or do I have it wrong here?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they are alike store wise but they are two differn't companies.

[quote name='Shellshock']anyone know how much guild wars is at freddys?[/QUOTE]$49.99. I tried using the 20% coupon for GW but they wouldn't take it for PC games.

Cheers,
Salyavin

Curses! Utah used to have Fred Meyers until about 6 months ago when, for brand recognition they were all changed to Smith's Marketplaces (Smith's is a "local" grocery store chain - Fred Meyer and Smith's are both owned by Kroger). I went into a Smith's Marketplace today to see if they are doing Fred Meyer deals, and apparently not. Though I did find that starting Sunday, they are having a buy one, get one free sale on $9.99 MGM DVDs.

Too bad its not good on clearance games, cause mine has some amazing titles, like ZoE 2 and Gallop Racer 2004. They also have like 10 non-GH Xenosagas, which is nuts cause I never see those. Nice deal OP, even if I don't have the spare cash to take advantage! ^_^

So here's what's dumb about their sale:

When I saw this here I was psyched, because I knew there was a copy of Ikaruga at my FM's. It was $39.99, so I could pick it up for $32. Not really sure I want it even for that much - I probably wouldn't play it any time soon so I'd keep it sealed. If it becomes more rare and thus valuable, meh, maybe I sell it. If not, eventually I open it up and play it.

Well, I go in there and it is marked on "clearance" for $34.95. The DUMB thing is that, while I understand them not taking the 20% off the $34.95, they refused to ring it up at $39.99 and use the 20% on that. I know it is only a $3 difference, but being a CAG, I have a hard time justifying spending over $30 on it anyway and just can't leave a potential discount on the table like that. I asked in a few different ways and I'm not even sure the guy understood me - he kept saying that they can't decrease it any more because when it is on clearance they are already selling it a loss. I don't think he quite got what I was asking. But in any case, he said he couldn't adjust the price (then contradicted himself by saying that WHEN they adjust the price that they have to explain why to higher-ups).

He then told me if I wait an indefinite amount of time and they get desperate enough it will drop in price again :D.

Anyway, it really isn't a big deal since I wasn't sure I wanted it - just thought the rigid thought process/procedure they use was a bit amusing.

Oh, and their "clearance" prices SUCK (oooh, WarioWare for GBA is clearanced from $29.99 to $27.97 - better jump on that - another that is WORSE than the coupon would have made it). Seems to me that "clearance" should be more than a 10% discount... Or they really just should let the coupons work on clearance games as well. Excapt for the addition of Ikaruga, they've had the same stack of clearance games at my FM's for several months now - most of them are available regular price for cheaper at other stores and they are losing their ability to sell them for even a half decent price as the months go by...

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']You think thats bad io? dead or alive extreme beach vollyball was clearenced from 49.99...to 49.95[/QUOTE]

d'oh! I think I've figured out their plan with respect to games - keep the prices high and hope that some get very rare and thus people will pay the full original retail for them *eventually*. Of course, while this might work with a few games (like Marvel vs Capcom 2, possibly Ikaruga) it is a miserable failure for most of the games they hold on to for $30-$40 when they are available for $10 elsewhere. They seem to be very reluctant to sell ANY game at a loss even if it means they will NEVER sell it. But I guess no one ever accused them of being a leading video game retailer :D.

io, its a good way to think for the consumer but everytime a game is 10 bucks somewhere, that means they are losing anywhere from 30-35 dollars to sell it to you. All fred Meyer is doing, for the most part, is trying to sell the game for what they got it from a distributor at. theres nothing wrong with that to me...after all it appears as if new games is a losing proposition.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']io, its a good way to think for the consumer but everytime a game is 10 bucks somewhere, that means they are losing anywhere from 30-35 dollars to sell it to you. All fred Meyer is doing, for the most part, is trying to sell the game for what they got it from a distributor at. theres nothing wrong with that to me...after all it appears as if new games is a losing proposition.[/QUOTE]

Right, I know that - what I am saying is that they will NEVER sell some of those games at the prices they have, and the longer they wait to decrease them, the LESS they will get eventually (than if they take a small loss now and dump them). They're being undercut by everyone else - after all, it is better that they get *something* for the games. They don't need to make a profit on every single individual item in the store - THAT seems to be their philosophy with the "clearance" prices they have. It would be better to sell that copy of HardHitter Tennis for say, $8, instead of $16 - once the next generation systems come out that type of title will become more and more useless and just take up valuable space.

I don't think that a single one of their clearance prices is below cost for them (since they are mostly 10%, some 20% discounts). I know that margins on new video games are pretty small, but they are just not going about it right with respect to their "clearance" games. Note that, at least at my FM's, the clearance section is very small - most games they sell for full retail price with occasional small discounts, and of course the 20% coupon like this week - which IS a very good deal that most stores don't do. Or maybe that is a dumb thing to do and is causing them to sell games at cost or a slight loss? But if they are willing to do that with current release and "hot" titles, then why not take a small hit on the moldy old clearance titles? It just doesn't make sense.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Is the sale still going on? I have a Freddy's close to me and followed the link to the coupon but couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

Their deals usually run Sun-Sat, so I think it is dead now (I just checked out the Sunday FM add and there were no video game coupons).

bread's done
Back