Fred Meyer clearance (now at additional 20% off)

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra 20% off.
I got (Gamecube)
Odama $20 -20% = $16
Def Jam V $2 -20% =$1.50
Ant Bully $10 -20% =$8
Pikmin 2 $10 -20% =$8
Sonic Riders $10 -20% =$8
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $10 -20% =$8

Check it out, you might find something good!

Nintendo DS
$9.97
Alex Rider Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom
Deep Labyrinth
Franklin
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Lost Magic
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster House
Nicktoons Unite
Over The Hedge
Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts
Ping Pals (yes, overpriced at $9.97 )
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Children of Mana
Contact
Magnetica
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Bomberland Touch

GameBoy Advance
$1.97
Metroid NES Classics

$9.97
Ant Bully
Danny Phantom
Mega Man 6
Over The Hedge
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
...LOTS more

$19.97
Castlevania Double Pack
FF IV
Some TMNT double pack

Gamecube
$1.97
Def Jam V

$9.97
Pikmin 2
Sonic Riders
Shrek Smash and Crash
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
NFS Underground 2
Ant Bully
Teen Titans
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shadow Hedgehog

$19.97
Pac-Man World Rally
Odama

Xbox
$1.97
Drake
PGR 2
MechAssault

Xbox $9.97 games
Flatout
Flatout 2
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Open Season
Over the Hedge
Battlefield 2
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
NBA Ballers Phenom
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars III ROTS
Mercenaries
Da Vinci Code
Several sports games including NHL 2K6
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
DDR Ultramix 4 Bundle (yes, with pad)

Xbox 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Forza

PS2
$1.97
Blowout
Arc The Lad End of Darkness
Dead TO Rights II
R Racing Evolution
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell

$9.97
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Path of Neo
Parallel Lines
Call of Duty 2 SE
Clock Tower 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow
Shrek Smash N Crash Racing
Full Spectrum Warriors Ten Hammers $9.97
50 Cents Bulletproof $9.97
Bratz: Forever Diamondz $9.97
Flushed Away $9.97
Godfather $9.97
Justice Leagues Heroes $9.97
Lupin the 3rd $9.97
Monster House $9.97
Pimp My Ride $19.97
Sopronos $9.97
Taito Legends $9.97

$19.97
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.97
NFS Carbon Collector's Ed $19.97

PSP
$9.97
Bomberman
Capcom Classics Remixed
Coded Arms
Gradius Collection
Infected
MLB 06
NBA Ballers Rebound
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Open Season
Pac Man World 3
Prince of Persia Revelations
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Spy Fiction
World Series of Poker

$19.97
Rengoku

UNKNOWN SYSTEMS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

I saw the following at my local Fred Meyer.

:ps3: Eye of Judgement $59.97
:ps2: GTA: Liberty City Stories $9.97
:ps2: Scarface $14.97
:ps2: NFS: Carbon $9.97
:ps2: Test Drive: Unlimited $9.97
:ps2: Super Dragonball Z $9.97
:ds: DBZ: Harukanaru Densetsu $9.97
:ds: Fullmetal Alchmeist $9.97
:ds: Fantastic 4: Rise of Silver Surfer $9.97
:ds: King Kong $9.97

PS2 DVD remote $12.97
PS2 Slim multitap $24.97
Intec DS headset $4.97
Nyko Wii Grip (battery cover) $3.97

More clearance games:

:ps3: Conan
:ps3: Stuntman Ignition
:360: Cars Mater-National
:360: Juiced 2
:360: MotoGP 07
:wii: Avatar: Burning Earth
:wii: Bratz
:wii: Cars Mater-National
:wii: Ratatouille
:ps2: Avatar: Burning Earth
:ps2: Cars Mater-National
:ps2: Juiced 2
:psp: Juiced 2

I didn't take down the prices though.

I was at Fred Meyers on Sunday & saw Mario Party 7, that was like the only gamecube game they had left...Does anyone know if this is on clearance...Didn't have time to get someone to open up the case door....

OK, I only had a tiny little post-it note with me so I didn't write down everything. There are a lot of Wii/360/PS3 games in the $29.97 - $39.97 range that I didn't bother with. It will be a long while before those drop again, probably, and make them somewhat worth it.

But here's what I noted - a lot of these are price drops from previous clearance prices that have held for months in some cases. So it is worth checking out your FM if there was something you had your eye on but it wasn't quite cheap enough - it may have just dropped.

:ps2:
Buzz (with 4 controllers): $34.97
Liberty City Stories: $9.97
Tokobot Plus: $9.97 (finally dropped after months at $19.97)

:wii:
Avatar Burning Earth: $29.97 (I think)
Cars Mater National: $29.97

:360:
All-Pro Football 2K8: $9.97 (another secondary drop - pretty much all of the $9.97 360 games are)
Bullet Witch: $9.97
Cars Mater National: $29.97
College Hoops 2K7: $9.97
MLB 2K6: $9.97
NHL 07: $9.97
Pro Evo Soccer 2007: $9.97

:ds:
Dragonball Z Harukanaru something-or-another: $9.97
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: $19.97 or $14.97
Phoenix Wright Justice for All: $9.97

:psp:
Dead Head Fred: $9.97
Legend of Heroes III: $9.97

And the Persona 3 I returned is still securely locked in the case with no clearance as of yet...

I didn't buy a thing though I was tempted by Tokobot Plus and Pro Evo Soccer. (I already have the Phoenix Wright games or I would have bought those).

I went back today, so I wrote down the prices :)

:ps3: Conan $29.97
:ps3: Stuntman Ignition $19.97
:360: Cars Mater-National $29.97
:360: Juiced 2 $29.97
:360: MotoGP 07 $29.97
:wii: Avatar: Burning Earth $29.97
:wii: Bratz $19.97 or $29.97
:wii: Cars Mater-National $29.97
:wii: Ratatouille $19.97
:ps2: Avatar: Burning Earth $19.97
:ps2: Cars Mater-National $19.97
:ps2: Juiced 2 $19.97
:psp: Juiced 2 $19.97

When I went there Tuesday, there were a few more.
PS2 Valkyrie Profile 2 $9.99
PS2 2 Naturo games $9.99
PS2 Spyro $9.99 (or $14.99)
Persona 3 has been marked down to $29.99 too, for those of you who still want it. Me, I'm waiting for the FES version.

Don't remember seeing anything of the ds/wii variety marked down though. There copies of Zack & Wiki left. What is that ringnig up for?

[quote name='eldergamer']When I went there Tuesday, there were a few more.
PS2 Valkyrie Profile 2 $9.99
PS2 2 Naturo games $9.99
PS2 Spyro $9.99 (or $14.99)
Persona 3 has been marked down to $29.99 too, for those of you who still want it. Me, I'm waiting for the FES version.

Don't remember seeing anything of the ds/wii variety marked down though. There copies of Zack & Wiki left. What is that ringnig up for?[/quote]
Those are not clearance prices but an unadvertised sale that goes on until 4/26. I have a dedicated thread on this since there are tons of PS2 titles on sale.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179725

Bought all 3 Phoenix Wright games for $9.97 each except the first one was $19.97
World Series of Poker for DS was $1.97 (and flips for $8.00 at a local game store!)
World Series of Poker 2 for Xbox was $1.97
Tiger Woods PGA Tour for PSP was $1.97
Dragon Quest Monster Slime for DS was $9.97
NHL 2K6 for 360 was $1.97

:ps3:
Stranglehold CE $24.97
Stranglehold $24.97

Also, clearance is back to 20%. I almost picked up Stuntman Ignition for PS3. Is it worth $16?

4/30 markdowns (pre-20% prices)

Rainbox 6 Vegas $29.97
Splinter Cell: Double Agent $29.97
Ghost Recon 2 $29.97

Godhand $9.97

Marvel Ultimate Alliance $19.97
Call of Juarez $19.97

EDIT: :gc: Platinum controller (wired) $14.97

I finally picked up Godhand for just under $8.

More that I saw this evening

Platinum Gamecube $79.97

:xbox:
King of Fighters 2000/2002 $29.97 (+45% off), so $16.48

They also had a stack of six Wii systems sitting on the counter. The guy said they've been there all day and nobody had even looked twice at them.

Prices before the extra 20% off

Conan $29.97
Genji: Days of the Blade $29.97
Stranglehold $29.97
Stranglehold: Collector's Edition $24.97
The Darkness $19.97
Stuntman: Ignition $19.97

Stranglehold $29.97
Blazing Angels 2 $19.97
Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack $19.97
Juiced 2 $19.97
Moto GP '07 $19.97
Overlord $19.97

[quote name='thelonepig']
Godhand $9.97
[/QUOTE]

Wierd as that was one of the 50% off PS2 games just before it went clearance (and was thus $9.99 then - or $8.99 when the 10% coupon was active).

[quote name='Indiana Jones']
Overlord $19.97[/QUOTE]

D'oh. Figures, as I just picked up a used copy from Gamecrazy. Oh well, that was only $14.99 in cheap credit. I just knew with the number of these in the FM cases that they would go on clearance some time though. If it drops to $9.97 - 30% off I'll be pissed though ;).

Are the prices from last weeks sale still valid? I was hoping to get valkyrie profile and maybe the spyro game for $9.

[quote name='eldergamer']Are the prices from last weeks sale still valid? I was hoping to get valkyrie profile and maybe the spyro game for $9.[/quote]

No, they were actually pulled last week. The sale was two weeks ago.

One of the games from the sale (Godhand) showed up on clearance the day after the sale was over, so I am guessing that others will follow suit.

Fred Meyer is having a 3-day saving certificate $10 off $50 purchase again this weekend starting today.

I wanted to pick up Mario Kart Wii with the coupon but they sold out. Oh well.

Don't forget they also have the new gift card promo. If you have a Rewards card you can purchase up to $1200 in gift cards and get a 10% bonus added to them. I tried it out today by getting a $300 one. I paid for it with my credit card and then used it for a big shopping trip we were making anyway. Sure enough, it had $330 on it. Since we'll easily spend $1200 at Fred Meyer over the course of the year it is really a no brainer (will get an extra $120). Only downside, of course, is losing the card. I plan on buying them in $300 increments to play it a bit safer. I've already used $200 of the first one. Gift card promo is good through July.

Clearance is up at 30% now. Sadly, someone picked up that copy of Stuntman Ignition that's been sitting around for over a month. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

I did grab the last two copies of God Hand - making a total of five that I've gotten from this store. I figure if nobody has picked them up after a month, they are free game. Also snagged Disgaea 2 for $14.

[quote name='thelonepig']

I did grab the last two copies of God Hand - making a total of five that I've gotten from this store. I figure if nobody has picked them up after a month, they are free game. Also snagged Disgaea 2 for $14.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what's the reason for getting 5 copies? Mine had a few but I didn't even want the one ;). They don't seem to sell for much on eBay in any case.

My best Fred Meyer purchase in quite a while was the Williams Pinball Collection for the Wii at $9.99 - 10%. That was the founder's days half off Value Games sale (now over) + a 10% coupon that said it didn't work on the Value Games but it did (cashier's choice to scan it). The regular clearance stuff has been a big meh for quite a while - they need to bring back 50% off and loosen up some of those $39.97 and $29.97 prices on games that are $20 or less most other places.

[quote name='io']Just curious, what's the reason for getting 5 copies? Mine had a few but I didn't even want the one ;). They don't seem to sell for much on eBay in any case.

My best Fred Meyer purchase in quite a while was the Williams Pinball Collection for the Wii at $9.99 - 10%. That was the founder's days half off Value Games sale (now over) + a 10% coupon that said it didn't work on the Value Games but it did (cashier's choice to scan it). The regular clearance stuff has been a big meh for quite a while - they need to bring back 50% off and loosen up some of those $39.97 and $29.97 prices on games that are $20 or less most other places.[/quote]

Originally, I picked up one for myself and played through and sold it. I picked up two others for CAGs for cost + shipping several weeks later. I figured that I might as well do the same with the others as I can always do a return if nobody claims them in a few weeks. Granted, one of the two copies I just listed is already gone. :whistle2:#

For $7 I would recommend giving it a try. It's got Clover's over-the-top sense of humor.

Yeah, much like FF VII DoC I might pick it up cheap enough... Maybe I can hold out for 40 or 50% off ;).

at mine they had
360-
Call of Juarez - $19.97
All Pro Football - $9.97

They had alot of Ipod stereo alarms on clearance for around $40, if these drop to $20 or so I may bite.

Also Wii's were in stock @ the Greenwood store, 6-7 of them I would say.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']

Also Wii's were in stock @ the Greenwood store, 6-7 of them I would say.[/QUOTE]

This is the lull before the storm ;). My Freddies had a case chock full of them on Friday when I went in there to get the Williams Pinball game. And I don't go early in the AM either. Then tonight I saw a Target with them at 8pm (though they were in the process of selling one - had 3 left). And of course my local Blockbuster has had them in for about a month but apparently no one knows they have them. I wonder if Wii Fit will cause a spike in Wii sales? Anyway, off topic except for the fact that FM seems like a good place to get one if you are in the market - even last Fall I saw them there regularly on my FM clearance game runs.

[quote name='io']This is the lull before the storm ;). My Freddies had a case chock full of them on Friday when I went in there to get the Williams Pinball game. And I don't go early in the AM either. Then tonight I saw a Target with them at 8pm (though they were in the process of selling one - had 3 left). And of course my local Blockbuster has had them in for about a month but apparently no one knows they have them. I wonder if Wii Fit will cause a spike in Wii sales? Anyway, off topic except for the fact that FM seems like a good place to get one if you are in the market - even last Fall I saw them there regularly on my FM clearance game runs.[/quote]

My store has had at least one in stock for the last month. They've even got a big sign up in front of electronics.

Here we go Kennewick, WA Fred Meyer
Stranglehold CE edition ps3 $24
MLB the Show ps3 $30
Beowulf $19
Conan $30
Fable xbox $10
Halo 1 xbox $10

And an item I might consider getting a sylvania Flat Planel TV, 32" after clearance is $482

[quote name='kube00']Here we go Kennewick, WA Fred Meyer
Stranglehold CE edition ps3 $24
MLB the Show ps3 $30
Beowulf $19
Conan $30
Fable xbox $10
Halo 1 xbox $10

And an item I might consider getting a sylvania Flat Planel TV, 32" after clearance is $482[/quote]

07 or 08?

Well, we're back down to 20% off, but 5/28 had some additional markdowns. These all seem to fall in with God Hand (they were on sale about a month ago for these prices). All the game markdowns I found were on the PS2.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles

Dawn of Mana
Hot Shots Tennis
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2

Wow, no one has posted here in a month. Well, much to my surprise I found a bunch of $1.97 games today. The tags all have 6/25 dates so they must have changed them then. I'm kicking myself for not checking my local store the last few days (I was there but just didn't bother looking). Today they had nothing (I went there after getting back from the other one).

In any case, I got all of the following for $1.58 ($1.97 - 20% off) at the other store:

College Hoops 2K7
NHL 07
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

:ds:
Spiderman Battle for New York

The sports titles, in any case, ought to be fairly easy to find especially if they haven't tagged them at the lower price yet so it is worth a look!

Yea if nothing else its Goozex fodder. I haven't seen any new games in the bins yet. I did see The Darkness for ps3 at $14.99 plus the 30%. So that could be a good deal

[quote name='thelonepig']Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II for the PSP are now $19.97 before the 20% clearance discount.[/quote]
Thanks. I have to hunt for FF I. Didn't see it at my local store for a long time.

The list price has dropped to $19.99 so it isn't too bad if I couldn't find it in FM in my area.

There is a 3-Day savings coupon for $10 off Food with $50 purchase in Home, Apparel & Home Electronics, effectively 7/30-8/2.

Found new clearance games today.

:360: Project Sylpheed $19.97
:360: Godfather $19.97
:360: Halo3 Legendary Ed. $99.97
:wii: DBZ Bukokai Tenkaichi 2 $19.97
:ds: Bomberman Land 2 $19.97
:ds: Mortal Kombat $19.97(?)
:psp: Test Drive Unlimited $19.97

Yeah, I saw those too. The one that interests me is Shivering Isles for the 360. It is $19.97 now but I'm hoping that drops to $9.97 or even $1.97 in a few months. Though they had been VERY slow with the follow-up drops recently.

Recent new additions:

:ps2: Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure - Limited Edition $1.97
:360: Transformers: The Game $19.97
:360: Bonicle Heroes $19.97
:360: NBA Street Homecourt $19.97
:ds: Bomberman Land Touch! 2 $19.97
:ds: Ultimate Mortal Kombat $19.97

[quote name='eau']Recent new additions:
:ps2: Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure - Limited Edition $1.97
[/quote]

Heh, it seems like every other FM around here had multiple copies of those for months, collecting dust long after they were marked down to $9.99. About time they marked it down.

I was at Fred Meyer today and the clearance games went to 40% off (I was there on Sunday and it was only 20% off. They apparently changed it today).

They have/had a bunch of new games on clearance (price tags dated 2/4/09). Prices shown are before discount.

:ps3: NBA Ballers $?
:360: Naruto: Rise of a Ninja $5.97
:360: Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1 $5.97
:360: MoH: Airborne $14.97
:360: Eragon $14.97
:wii: Blast Works $14.97
:wii: Gingerbread Man $14.97
:wii: Crash of the Titans $14.97
:ps2: Stuntman Ignition $14.97
:ps2: WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2008 $14.97
:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (the original one) $14.97
:psp: Simpson Movie $14.97
:ds: Cars: Mater-National $9.97
:ds: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian $14.97
:ds: SEGA Superstars Tennis $?

And a few more I can't recall.

Nice - 40% off and more stuff? Wow, I'll have to check it out but it is probably too late to snag anything good. I had a feeling I should have stopped at one or two when I was running to Blockbusters Thurs night (which was mostly a bust).

Mine also had Lunar Knight (DS) and Silent Hill Origin (PSP) for $15 each.
And eau, what store where you at that you saw MGS Portable Ops?

bread's done
Back