Fred Meyer clearance (now at additional 20% off)

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra 20% off.
I got (Gamecube)
Odama $20 -20% = $16
Def Jam V $2 -20% =$1.50
Ant Bully $10 -20% =$8
Pikmin 2 $10 -20% =$8
Sonic Riders $10 -20% =$8
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $10 -20% =$8

Check it out, you might find something good!

Nintendo DS
$9.97
Alex Rider Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom
Deep Labyrinth
Franklin
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Lost Magic
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster House
Nicktoons Unite
Over The Hedge
Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts
Ping Pals (yes, overpriced at $9.97 )
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Children of Mana
Contact
Magnetica
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Bomberland Touch

GameBoy Advance
$1.97
Metroid NES Classics

$9.97
Ant Bully
Danny Phantom
Mega Man 6
Over The Hedge
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
...LOTS more

$19.97
Castlevania Double Pack
FF IV
Some TMNT double pack

Gamecube
$1.97
Def Jam V

$9.97
Pikmin 2
Sonic Riders
Shrek Smash and Crash
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
NFS Underground 2
Ant Bully
Teen Titans
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shadow Hedgehog

$19.97
Pac-Man World Rally
Odama

Xbox
$1.97
Drake
PGR 2
MechAssault

Xbox $9.97 games
Flatout
Flatout 2
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Open Season
Over the Hedge
Battlefield 2
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
NBA Ballers Phenom
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars III ROTS
Mercenaries
Da Vinci Code
Several sports games including NHL 2K6
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
DDR Ultramix 4 Bundle (yes, with pad)

Xbox 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Forza

PS2
$1.97
Blowout
Arc The Lad End of Darkness
Dead TO Rights II
R Racing Evolution
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell

$9.97
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Path of Neo
Parallel Lines
Call of Duty 2 SE
Clock Tower 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow
Shrek Smash N Crash Racing
Full Spectrum Warriors Ten Hammers $9.97
50 Cents Bulletproof $9.97
Bratz: Forever Diamondz $9.97
Flushed Away $9.97
Godfather $9.97
Justice Leagues Heroes $9.97
Lupin the 3rd $9.97
Monster House $9.97
Pimp My Ride $19.97
Sopronos $9.97
Taito Legends $9.97

$19.97
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.97
NFS Carbon Collector's Ed $19.97

PSP
$9.97
Bomberman
Capcom Classics Remixed
Coded Arms
Gradius Collection
Infected
MLB 06
NBA Ballers Rebound
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Open Season
Pac Man World 3
Prince of Persia Revelations
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Spy Fiction
World Series of Poker

$19.97
Rengoku

UNKNOWN SYSTEMS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

40% off. That certainly explains why when I was there on wednesday night they were setting up the card table with the clearance games. They ususally do that for the extra off "bonus" weeekends.

At one of the two Fred Meyers in my area, they had Prey for Xbox 360 for 5.97 before the 40% clearance. Also a few of the titles mentioned above mostly the PSP titles. A few PS3 titles as well, but they were still fairly high priced before the %40 off.

Also, not in the clearance table/rack, but in the "value" video games endcap they had Xbox 360 Dead Rising for 9.99 in case people haven't picked that one up yet, its worth a look.

Picked up Blast works for $8 (after discount) Mine also had power pros wii for $15 ($8 after 40% not the 2008 version but there wasn't much change anyway).

More importantly, they had lego batman 50% off the already clearance prices. they weren't clearanced much but I got a $50 set for $20 (new batmobile & joker van).

Also, they have clearance shoes for an additional 60% off the last clearance price right now. Some good stuff too. Nike, Vans, Skechers, Converse, New Balance, Reebok, etc. Not just a bunch of fugly off brand shoes. I've bought 15 pairs for my family the past couple of days. Good deals.

I know that's not really video game related, but hey...you need some good shoes to get around in while chasing all these game deals. If you're a true Cheap Ass Gamer, might as well get some Cheap Ass Shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I hadn't gotten up the will yet to even check out the FM 1/2 mile from my house but I do need a new pair of shoes - maybe I'll stroll in for that, though they usually have a piss-poor selection of stuff like that.

I should also say I saw Geometry Wars Galaxy and Battle of the Bands (I think that is the title) for Wii, both 14.97 before 40% discount.

Here's a list of items I was able to get yesterday from the FM on Highway99 in Vancouver, WA (prices reflect the additional 40% off):

360:
Fusion Frenzy 2 - $3.58
Phantasy Star Universe - $3.58
Prey - $3.58
X-Box Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 - $3.58

PSP:
Silent Hill Origins: $8.98
CastleVania: The Dracula X Chronicles: $8.98

Wii:
Namco Museum Remix: $8.98

[quote name='DariusWIND']Mine also had Lunar Knight (DS) and Silent Hill Origin (PSP) for $15 each.
And eau, what store where you at that you saw MGS Portable Ops?[/quote]
The one near OSU. They had one in the bin and it's already in my collection :D

Picked up Forza 2 for Xbox 360 at the Kennewick, WA store for 14.97 minus the 40 percent off. It was the Original Forza 2, not the Platinum Hits with the extra content included.

Saw new additions this week. Currently 20% off.

:360: Crackdown $14.97
:360: Monster Madness $14.97
:360: America's Army: True Soldiers $24.97
:360: Battlestations: Midway $24.97

Yup, here in Portland, OR @ the Broadway Fred Meyer I picked up The Darkness and Dark Sector for $4.98 each, minus an extra 20% with the current sale.

I stopped in at Gateway, and there was quite a few things on, but as most were old titles (the Club, Dark Sector) and we're marked down maybe 50% off original price then 20% off of that it still wasn't quite a good enough deal on some of the games.

Gonna check another store. Fred Meyer clearance has scored me some sweet stuff in past.

Mine has at least 10 different PS3 titles. Orange box, Darkness, Darksector, and a few others that names escape me.

The majority in mine is PSP games.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']No luck in finding a copy of The Darkness, but I found a lone copy of Little Big Planet with a $49.98 clearance sticker on it.[/quote]

Interesting. Anyone else see this?

[quote name='thirteenyahs']My Fred Meyer has a huge clearance section but all the prices listed on them are insane, nothing below $20.[/quote]
Yeah. No deal until they do a 40% or 50% off week.

Clearance is 40% off this week. What are you guys gonna pick up?

I was thinking about condemned 2 (360), but $35 - 40% = $21. Not a good deal.

[quote name='gomikeoh']My store still has saints row for 20 clearance... does this mean the 40% off should stack?[/QUOTE]

I think it needs to have a special sticker on there with handwritten clearance price to get the markdown. Usually the only games I see with these tags are not behind glass.

The Fred Meyers around me have been selling Saints Row 2 for $20 for the past few weeks now. It's just a regular "sale" (though seemingly one that's going to last forever until they can get rid of all those copies no one bought).

My Fred Meyers were still marked 20% off clearance this morning. Dang, if I'd known they were just being lazy updating things, I would have considered getting a few of the games. I'll check tomorrow I guess when I am back in town.

Thanks for the heads up.

Clearance price always ends in .97.

Saw FF Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for $34.97 - 40% off this week = $21. Good deal???

Picked up Battlestations Midway 360 for 24.97-9.99=14.98.

Picked up Timeshift 360 for 14.97-5.99=8.98.

Love the Clearance sales when it gets to 40 and 50 percent.

Yeah, I haven't been in yet but with them keeping the "clearance" prices so high for so long I can't really think of anything I remember being there that I'd want at 40% or even 50% off. They need to lower the damn prices again. They are overflowing with clearance games so you'd think they'd get the idea that maybe they cost too much. I dunno - maybe some of it will clear out now at 40%. I'll have to check it out some time this week at least.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']dont forget this weeks fred meyer as has a 10% off all video game software, so you may as well as save the tax.[/QUOTE]

That's not bad - it essentially make everything half off. I may have to visit my FM tomorrow. Too bad they typically just have a million copies of Stranglehold on the PS3.

[quote name='RudyPants']That's not bad - it essentially make everything half off. I may have to visit my FM tomorrow. Too bad they typically just have a million copies of Stranglehold on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Ya but with washingtons state tax, a 10% coupon is like paying sticker price.

They also have a 20% off coupon for accessories...its tempting to buy a wii points card but they charge tax for the card so it's only like saving tax and 10%. Not really worth it.

In bold type at the bottom of the 10% off video games clearance coupon: Excludes Clearance

[quote name='Zincdust']If anyone's interested, this morning I picked up Dark Sector for the 360 for $3.98 (marked $4.97 minus $0.99 ).[/QUOTE]

Grab it immediately! I bought it at Freddie's back when it got dropped to $10 and it was worth 3x that price truthfully. Such a completely underrated game!

My local Fred Meyers all have the exact same titles just sitting there collecting dust... Stranglehold, The Golden Compass, sports games from two years ago, etc.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']My local Fred Meyers all have the exact same titles just sitting there collecting dust... Stranglehold, The Golden Compass, sports games from two years ago, etc.[/QUOTE]

Both my local stores have like 50 of the Golden Compass each lol.

Fred Mayer is not a bargin shoppers paradise by any means. I just moved to Washington and was very sadned by the electronics section of the store. Odama for $16? I remember getting it two years ago at Target for $10.

The Fred Meyer on Hawthorne in Portland always has their clearance games for an additional %40 off. But the selection usually sucks.

The thing is, they used to make games go to $9.97 and then $1.97! I bought a few 2007 Sports games for $1.97 (minus 20 or 30% of course) not that long ago. But it seems this year they are being really stubborn with the clearance price drops. I looked through the enormous bin of clearance games at my local FM and was barely tempted to get a single thing. Most of them were on clearance or even had simple MSRP drops (that made them cheaper than the FM clearance price) at other places long ago.

One of these days, though, I'll bet they'll surprise us with a big ol' price cut to these things so it's definitely worth checking it out every time you go there.

This might be worth a thread of its own...

Fred Meyer has a $5 off $25 and a $10 off $50 coupon that is good Thursday through Saturday. The coupon is in the three-day ad.

The ad is viewable on their website, but probably YMMV whether they'd let you just print that off.

The fine print for this coupon says that it INCLUDES clearance items, whereas clearance items are usually excluded.

just go grab an ad today from a kiosk at the store entrance

also you can stack that 10 of 50 with any coupon too so that makes $60 games $44

The only two I'm keeping an eye on are an Xmen game and the latest Devil May Cry for 360. If they get to 50 percent off and are still there, or they drop the sticker price enough to justify it with whatever percent off is at the time, I'll probably bite. No big deal if I don't get these games cheap, like people said, they were probably available cheaper in the recent past elsewhere or they are probably available used for dirt cheap if I just did a little looking. But I do prefer new games.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Fred Mayer is not a bargin shoppers paradise by any means. I just moved to Washington and was very sadned by the electronics section of the store. Odama for $16? I remember getting it two years ago at Target for $10.[/QUOTE]

That East Bremerton store is always picked over by the locals. The store in port Orchard is always better. The clearance prices are great until they do the 40% off. They had a Buy one get one for the PS3 greatest hits not to long ago, I stopped by the Bremerton store and they had nothing, but the store in PO had them.

Welcome to Kitsap. Bargins are hard to find around here. I've been somewhat lucky at TRU, Target and Best Buy. For most of the clearance deals posted around here I've had to head to Tacoma.

I got DMC4 for $15 at the FM in Redmond today, I consider that a decent deal, i also picked up americas army for $15 and timeshift for $9, though they're not as good as dmc4, just shelf fillers for the collection and cheap points for my achievement whoring :D

Nothing terribly good there other than dmc4, marked 24.97 with 40%($9.99) off of that, also had virtua fighter 5(360) online for $15, manhunt 2 (ps2) for $15 and condemned 2 for $19.

there was more but i cant remember them all.

bread's done
Back