Fred Meyer Get 2 360/PS3/Wii Get $25 GC 12/19-12/22

eau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I'm surprised nobody has posted this deal yet.

Get any 2 360/PS3/Wii games and get $25 GC @ Fred Meyer (coupon required).

The deal works best on cheap games under $20.

They have a bunch of $14.99 games (Supreme Commander 2, Overlords, ...) and $19.99 games (lot more of these). After subtracting the GC that you can use on grocery anyway, the net cost of games would be like:

$14.99 games -> $2.49
$19.99 games -> $7.49
$29.99 games -> $17.49

You can ride a gift card train since you can apply the GC from a previous purchase to your next purchase.

This deal is good until tomorrow, and you do need a coupon which can be found in the store.

Its not that great of a deal because they dont drop prices with other retailers. Also they took all their usual sale tags off. HOWEVER..a thrifty cag can get some cheap games and chain it. For instance dirt 2 is 14.99 and guitar hero aerosmith is 7.99. If you both of those you get the free 25 dollar card. Then feel free to turn around and use the card on another two set of something and keep getting free cards to your content.

Wow, good job eau.

I kept thinking there must be fine print, and there is. But its fairly unimportant: excludes Halo Reach, Shaun White Skateboarding, and Dead Rising 2.

So I'll hop on down there and see what I can find. I know I'll spend that $25 later anyway.

Thanks!

[quote name='miriamleo']Can it be any game at any price? Because they have a lot of big sale on many games below $14.99[/QUOTE]

Check out the ad here by entering in your zip code, then clicking the "Electronics" ad dated 12/19 - 12/24.

I didn't see any price restriction, though its been proven before that I'm an idiot.

Fred Meyers generally has a good variety of games in the price range of $10-$20, so I'm sorta excited to see what I can get on the cheap.

I asked if there were any price restrictions when I was there, and they said nope, any games count (except the ones mentioned above).

They removed all low price sale games. But you can still find Dirt 2 at $14.99 or some other cheap games. Undead Nightmare is priced at $30.

Well, crap, I was even in a Fred Meyer yesterday but passed on this because I just assumed it was like all the other stores' deals where they had to be $39.99 or $49.99 and above.

I'm heading there now ;).

I've actually been waiting to get Supreme Commander 2 cheap!

Back from FM, they removed pretty much all the sale tag that they have had for the last couple of months. Almost everything gone back to full price. Can't find anything I want….

I just got back from my Fred Meyer, too. Nothing there. Everything is $29.99 or up. Couldn't believe Assassin's Creed 2 was still $29.99.

I'm disappointed, but I shouldn't be surprised. I suppose this is the definition of "Your Mileage May Vary."

I saw this in store and also figured I'd see it here. I decided not to bite, I have a nice backlog from all the other great deals lately. And yeah, FMs prices are often inflated, though occasionally they'll have something really cheap (recently, Fallout 3: GOTY :ps3: for 12.99. I hear it's a broken game, but, y'know... whatever).

[quote name='unopepito06']I saw this in store and also figured I'd see it here. I decided not to bite, I have a nice backlog from all the other great deals lately. And yeah, FMs prices are often inflated, though occasionally they'll have something really cheap (recently, Fallout 3: GOTY :ps3: for 12.99. I hear it's a broken game, but, y'know... whatever).[/QUOTE]

That was clearly a price mistake as I think the regular Fallout 3 was on sale for that price for a long time. They probably just mistagged a GotY.

But yeah, just to echo what others are seeing, they removed all the cool lower-than-normal pricing that they had been running for over a month and everything is MSRP or above (at least compared to other stores).

But, I still managed to snag a few goodies. I got the one and only Supreme Commander 2 along with Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. The best stuff may be in the "value" game section (as the Pinball game was). They were $35 together but in this case (unlike when I get Best Buy or TRU gift cards or Kmart gaming coupons) I can consider the $25 gift card as taken off the price of the games because we will use it within the week on groceries we would be buying there anyway.

So, yeah, $10 for Surpreme Commander 2 and Pinball Williams HoF. Thanks eau for mentioning Supreme Commander 2 as I may not have noticed it tucked away in the case if I wasn't actually looking for it.

There are some other $19.99 games that might interest others like Lego Rock Band. Not everything is $39.99 and over (though most of it was).

Oh, I also bought 2 copies of Super Mario All-Stars: one for me and one to put away for later (as this will eventually sell out and be OOP). I had meant to get to TRU for their $19.99 deal on it, but this is better (though it required buying 2 copies but I was OK with that).

I will probably try to check out one or two more stores tomorrow though I know not to expect too much.
I may splurge on a Lego Rock Band for 360 if I see it (I saw the PS3 one at my store tagged $19.99) just for the song export into RB3. I got a used copy from the BBV B1G1 but of course it didn't have the stupid export code. If I can find another good cheapy to go with it then I can just use the code, export the songs, and then try to sell or trade in the game.

Picked up:

Pinball Hall of Fame x360 ($19.99) 2x
Supreme Commander 2 x360 ($14.99) 2x
Orange Box x360 ($19.99)
Pinball Hall of Fame Wii ($19.99)

Gift-card is valid at the Kroger Family of Stores (Frys,Qfc,Kroger,etc....)

Picked up:

Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (Wii) - $19.99
Gears of War 2 GOTY Edition - $19.99
with -Free $25 Giftcard-

Awesome deal.

Picked up Bolt and Destroy All Humans for Wii. For 14.99 each with the card that is pretty nice. Figured DAH had to be worth 2.50, and my daughter will probably get 2.50 out of Bolt.

just found out today, i received a gift card on this deal yesterday that contain 0 balance. what to do?

I didn't pay attention to the fine print and only knew clearance games were excluded. So I took Dead Rising 2, which was on sale for $29.99 and Dirt 2 for $14.99 to the register. The cashier rang them up along with the free gift card without any problem. I practically paid $20 for the two games :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back