Fred Meyer Questions

sonderiaom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Howdy, I have a question for anyone who had gone to the launch of the 360 at any Fred Meyer. The question is how they had handled it and the allocation of units to their specific store.

Anyway, Thinking that maybe Fred Meyer may be the best place to be for the PS3 or the Wii launches.

My Fred Meyer's had 10 Xbox 360's launch day. 7 premium, and 3 core. I got in line at 6:00 PM the day before, and was 4th in line. At close (11:00 PM) they kicked us outside, and placed a sign where the line "started." All ten slots were called for by the time they closed. They opened at 7:00 AM the next day, but a manager came out at about 6:00 AM and handed out vouchers guaranteeing the first ten people a system at 7:00 when they opened, and then everybody dispersed. I went and got coffee, warmed up my (then frozen) car, etc. and at 7:00 went and picked up my system.

Oh--and a lady in line found a coupon for a free 20 lb turkey w/ a purchase of $100 or more. So I stopped by the freezer section and picked up a turkey before I grabbed my system. ;-)

I had two friends who called me in a panic the night before because they were WAY too far back at Best Buy, and I told them to hit up Freddies. They both got to a Fred Meyer's in time to score a system. I seriously recommend going to Fred Meyer's, because I was in line for a long time, but not nearly as long as the people at Walmart/Best Buy/Circuit City, and there was no bundling garbage going on. I bought what I wanted, and got out of there.

Thanks much then. I'm going to be camping out tomorrow for the preorder (boy that sounds weird), and if I get there too late, then I'll be doing freddies as a backup plan.

My friend's brother works at the Bothell-Everett Highway Fred's in Bothell and his store is getting 80 Wii systems in on launch day. o_O So, definitely a good place to go for a system would be a Fred Meyer's!

PS3 may not be available from FM this time. I read an article that Sony only distributed the PS3 to the top retailers - Walmart, Target, BB, CC, EB/GS, Sears, TRU.

As far as the PS3 is concerned, EB/GS and TRU already sold out of theirs thru preorders. So stop wasting your time there.

If you're after Wii, definitely try FM.

[quote name='eau']PS3 may not be available from FM this time. I read an article that Sony only distributed the PS3 to the top retailers - Walmart, Target, BB, CC, EB/GS, Sears, TRU.

As far as the PS3 is concerned, EB/GS and TRU already sold out of theirs thru preorders. So stop wasting your time there.

If you're after Wii, definitely try FM.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - I was thinking of stopping by Freddies on Friday since I live 1/2 mile from one. But even IF they have them, it looks like I'd need to be there at closing the day before. Not gonna happen... And I already have my Wii preordered at EB and they have a midnight launch. So I guess I'll pass on FM this year too :D.

Looks like the weather will not be pleasant this year in the Portland area - high wind, very cold, and a driving rain just started up at 4:30 PM Weds. Wonder if there are campers at Best Buy and CC yet?

On the day I went to look for a 360 launch site, I also thought Fred Meyer was the place to be. They actually had people who spent the night waiting for the store to open to buy fresh 360s. They had very low numbers and I didn't bother to get in line. Thankfully, Costco came to the rescue.

bread's done
Back