Free 1 Month and 3 Month Amazon Prime Memberships

Nice... Glad I saw this. I was planning on doing a one-month trial around the holidays anyway, so this is even better ;) Here's a question... If you place game pre-orders while the Prime trial is active, but the games don't ship until after the trial is over, do you still get the Prime shipping on those orders?

BTW... for anyone with existing pre-orders, you CAN go in and change the shipping speed to 2-day or release day shipping once your trial is active. Just did this with Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 and it was FREE :D

Thanks plenty OP.

Also definitely do not want to end up paying the annual fee, where exactly do I go to cancel my free trial when it is near its end?

[quote name='mistrsam']Thanks plenty OP.

Also definitely do not want to end up paying the annual fee, where exactly do I go to cancel my free trial when it is near its end?[/QUOTE]

You can do it right now. Just go to the Your Account button (right above Cart and Wish List) and look under Settings and then the left column, Account Settings. There's a link for Manage Prime Membership, and you can choose to not auto-renew once the trial is over.

[quote name='mistrsam']Thanks plenty OP.

Also definitely do not want to end up paying the annual fee, where exactly do I go to cancel my free trial when it is near its end?[/QUOTE]

Your Account>Account Settings>Manage Amazon Prime Membership>Do not upgrade

You can do it right now. Just go to the Your Account button (right above Cart and Wish List) and look under Settings and then the left column, Account Settings. There's a link for Manage Prime Membership, and you can choose to not auto-renew once the trial is over.
Your Account>Account Settings>Manage Amazon Prime Membership>Do not upgrade

Really Appreciated fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitflyer']Added my 'regular' amazon accounts to my new prime account with no problem. This rocks! Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

How long after signing up for the trial did you have to wait before you could do this? When I try to manage my prime membership, it keeps saying my application has been received and is being processed (although I've already started switching orders to Release Date Delivery using Prime).

[quote name='Tomeeboy']How long after signing up for the trial did you have to wait before you could do this? When I try to manage my prime membership, it keeps saying my application has been received and is being processed (although I've already started switching orders to Release Date Delivery using Prime).[/QUOTE]

should be instant i believe

[quote name='the_grimace']should be instant i believe[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be the case, as it's been five hours and still no access to link an account (unless there's some other way I don't know about). :(

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Doesn't seem to be the case, as it's been five hours and still no access to link an account (unless there's some other way I don't know about). :([/QUOTE]

did you get an email confirming your prime membership? if so, i have no idea what the problem could be

thanks op this came at the perfect time for me
now modern warefare 2 should be at my doorstep on my birthday instead of a week later

If you go to your amazon accounts and then manage amazon prime you can turn off the auto-upgrade option now, so you don't even need to worry about remember to cancel the trial in January.

I signed up for this over 2 years ago and then never even used it so I canceled it before 30 days was up. Buy.com always ended up being the better deal for me since they don't charge tax in my state. Amazon does unfortunately.

Thanks OP! Free 3 Month trial. If i like it, I might even keep it and...gasp!....pay for a full year!

Anyone think it's worth it?

3 month trial worked thanks OP!!

quick question though i have lots of pre-ordered stuff with FREE Super Saver Shipping - is it possible to get Prime shipping applied to past orders?

[quote name='bobright']3 month trial worked thanks OP!!

quick question though i have lots of pre-ordered stuff with FREE Super Saver Shipping - is it possible to get Prime shipping applied to past orders?[/QUOTE]

if the account that made the preorders was the account you used to sign up for prime, you can easily do it by simply going to your account information, looking at order history, then editting order details. On pending orders, such as preorders, simply edit them and change the shipping to 2 day or release date delivery. as simple as that

if you used a different account to sign up for prime, and your preorders are on a different account. You can try inviting your old account to your new account. Amazon prime allows you to invite up to 4 members to join in the savings. That being said, it shouldnt be troublesome to invite your old account to your new account. In fact, i believe some people here on a page or two back said they did that. Perhaps scan back a few pages back and see what they said if this is your situation.

Just wanted to mention about the whole being charged thing. Even if you forget to cancel when your trial ends and you do get billed for the $79, as long as you don't use the service past the trial end date, it will be credited to you when you do cancel after the fact. I learned this from first-hand experience a long time ago.

Now as a member of Prime I have to say it's one of the best things amazon provides albeit for a fee. The best ones are when it ships from a facility close by and it arrives overnight sometimes, YMMV on that one, though. But for those who haven't used it, definitely try it out.

[quote name='Dr.Nick']Just wanted to mention about the whole being charged thing. Even if you forget to cancel when your trial ends and you do get billed for the $79, as long as you don't use the service past the trial end date, it will be credited to you when you do cancel after the fact. I learned this from first-hand experience a long time ago.

Now as a member of Prime I have to say it's one of the best things amazon provides albeit for a fee. The best ones are when it ships from a facility close by and it arrives overnight sometimes, YMMV on that one, though. But for those who haven't used it, definitely try it out.[/QUOTE]

yes, while using this, i also very often got stuff in one day. Basically next day after i ordered. it was awesome

[quote name='the_grimace']if the account that made the preorders was the account you used to sign up for prime, you can easily do it by simply going to your account information, looking at order history, then editting order details. On pending orders, such as preorders, simply edit them and change the shipping to 2 day or release date delivery. as simple as that

if you used a different account to sign up for prime, and your preorders are on a different account. You can try inviting your old account to your new account. Amazon prime allows you to invite up to 4 members to join in the savings. That being said, it shouldnt be troublesome to invite your old account to your new account. In fact, i believe some people here on a page or two back said they did that. Perhaps scan back a few pages back and see what they said if this is your situation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I see where I could change the shipping....although doing so wont change my order or effect it all? Im one of the few who got to triple stack and im afraid of it not letting me apply the promotion codes after changing shipping methods. Wondering if I should just leave things alone.

Worked with a $15 book for me. Free Prime for 3-months doesn't get any better... (unless you get more than 3-months, then its better)

Been debating about signing up for Amazon Prime to get release date delivery for CoD:MW2, and two-day shipping for holiday purchases. Now I'm covered for the rest of the year. Thanks OP.

So if I preorder a game that's supposed to be released on let's say the 17th, I'll get it with free shipping on the 17th?

After you sign up, can you change the shipping method for existing orders? Would changing the shipping method mess up any promo/ECA discount (expired by now) on the orders?

[quote name='coma8']So if I preorder a game that's supposed to be released on let's say the 17th, I'll get it with free shipping on the 17th?[/QUOTE]

Only if said preorder is available with Release date delivery. Each product page will tell you so and you'll be able to select it for free at checkout as a Prime member.

It gave me 3 months. I used my existing account that I've had there for years, but never used Prime with it before.

Thanks OP!

Just worked for me, 3 months. Thanks OP. Just ordered a Sony Reciever for $60 less than Best Buy with $3.99 next day shipping. Excellent.

Wish I did this before Uncharted 2 shipped, but it will get me COD:MW2 much faster!!

on every account I try it says that I've already used a free trial. I usd it in the past but not on the accounts I am trying to use it on.

Edit: I made another new account and after doing that twice it worked. Invited myself and it worked.

Hey did you know my brothers name is the same as mine, were twins man, super twins wince we got the same name.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']After you sign up, can you change the shipping method for existing orders? Would changing the shipping method mess up any promo/ECA discount (expired by now) on the orders?[/QUOTE]

I just changed the shipping speed of my B2G1 order from the previous day. It wiped out my free game discount, though I suspect it's because one of my three games is Wii Sports Resort, which is no longer an eligible title. I've already e-mailed customer service to rectify the error.

UPDATE: Wow, that was quick! Just minutes after sending that e-mail, I got a reply and the charge has been fixed!

I changed my shipping speed on my pre-order for MW2 that I used the 50% off code on. It kept my 50% and ECA. Just changed from FSSS to Release day delivery.

bread's done
Back