Free 1 Month and 3 Month Amazon Prime Memberships

I can't see the button which says "Shop for eligible textbooks" like OP posted. Tried using Ctrl+F but can't find anything. Can someone help me?

I've never had Amazon Prime and I only got 1 month, but 1 month is good enough for me. Went ahead and got Release Date Delivery on the MW2 Limited Edition Console and Hardened Edition of MW2. Lookin' forward to Black Friday with 2 day shipping, last year it took 2 weeks to get stuff with FSSS. Regardless of not getting 3 months, thanks to the OP.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Got a question, I preordered COD MW2 and picked the free shipping option. Can I switch the shipping to release day without any issues?[/QUOTE]

They're always happy to let you change the shipping. Release day might be tricky. I'd expect they shipping out the same day orders today. But know knows. Maybe it'll work. You can always call them.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I heard it makes you pay for a year of Prime if you do the release date shipping??[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this?

I was hoping that I could cancel Amazon Prime after getting MW2 with release date shipping.

I made up an account using my debit card for a 1 month free trial that's ending 11/11/09. I might make another account now to see if I can get the 3 month trial to cover me for black friday throughout the holiday season. :D

Ok, my trial ends on the 11th. I already have MW2 pre-ordered with free release date shipping. If I cancel now, before it ships, will I still get that free release date shipping or will it change to FSSS or charge me for the release date delivery?

I know I could probably just cancel after it ships tomorrow, but I like to do things ahead of time, in case something goes wrong (yes, I'm paranoid, but I don't want to spend $79 for a year of something I probably won't use after this month).

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Ok, my trial ends on the 11th. I already have MW2 pre-ordered with free release date shipping. If I cancel now, before it ships, will I still get that free release date shipping or will it change to FSSS or charge me for the release date delivery?

I know I could probably just cancel after it ships tomorrow, but I like to do things ahead of time, in case something goes wrong (yes, I'm paranoid, but I don't want to spend $79 for a year of something I probably won't use after this month).[/QUOTE]

You will still get the free release date delivery. If/when you cancel your prime membership, it does not affect anything you have already ordered/pre-ordered while your prime membership was active.

[quote name='integrafied1']You will still get the free release date delivery. If/when you cancel your prime membership, it does not affect anything you have already ordered/pre-ordered while your prime membership was active.[/QUOTE]

Ah, wonderful. Thanks!

[quote name='integrafied1']You will still get the free release date delivery. If/when you cancel your prime membership, it does not affect anything you have already ordered/pre-ordered while your prime membership was active.
blank.gif
[/QUOTE]

Nope you are 100% right it doesn't.

Long live prime! I have just reapplied mine to my amazon account.

I can confirm that if you choose not to upgrade your membership you will not lose the trial. I've done this with my other account the day I got the trial and it never canceled the trial.

[quote name='cupcakex1']I can confirm that if you choose not to upgrade your membership you will not lose the trial. I've done this with my other account the day I got the trial and it never canceled the trial.[/QUOTE]

So if I signup today for the free month and than go later today and set it up to not auto bill me the $79.99 after my trial month is over I basically Prime free for the whole month?

[quote name='ajh2298']So if I signup today for the free month and than go later today and set it up to not auto bill me the $79.99 after my trial month is over I basically Prime free for the whole month?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='BigAT']Correct.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks with all there "Black Friday Week" time based sales this will be a godsend for ordering.

Enough begging about being added to other peoples' Prime trials.

If you look at the TOS for Amazon Prime, adding someone else to your account that isn't in your household (the same physical address of yours), it's a violation of their TOS.

So please, stop begging for it and asking people to do something that could get their Prime trial ended and their account at Amazon possibly closed.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I got the free trial yesterday even though I got it about a year ago when it first started[/QUOTE]

just got the 3month trial even though I had the free trial 2 years ago.
Great time just before BF.

Already ordered ME2 and Bioshock2 for the PC with free shipping!:bouncy:

I went ahead and signed for the free trial but I think one or two people in my household may have done so before, could there a problem because of that(such as losing my Amazon account or having to pay for Prime) or will they just cancel the free trial if it's been done already? I guess I should find out before I do any orders with it.

wow...i did it a few years ago and got 3 months and loved it. decided to try this out just for kicks and giggles...and it worked! 3 months free! and just in time for black friday ;) muahahahaha

let the damage to wallet commence!!!

So the 3 month is back? 2 people claim to have gotten it while others a week or 2 ago all said they could only get 1 month. If it's back is it supposed to be advertised on that book page link through the OP?

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I went ahead and signed for the free trial but I think one or two people in my household may have done so before, could there a problem because of that(such as losing my Amazon account or having to pay for Prime) or will they just cancel the free trial if it's been done already? I guess I should find out before I do any orders with it.[/QUOTE]No, there shouldn't be an issue with that, since they're Prime trials. Amazon normally won't let you get a Prime trial more than once per account, though numerous people have said that they've signed up more than once. If they see that you've done the trial before, they could cancel the second trial.

so if i just changed all my pre-order games to 2 day free shipping with prime, but they ship after my free month is up, is amazon gonna change them up/charge me more when release date comes around and I no longer have prime? Not that's it a huge deal to switch it back to FSSS, but i'm kinda inerested in what's gonna happen.

[quote name='jallen']so if i just changed all my pre-order games to 2 day free shipping with prime, but they ship after my free month is up, is amazon gonna change them up/charge me more when release date comes around and I no longer have prime? Not that's it a huge deal to switch it back to FSSS, but i'm kinda inerested in what's gonna happen.[/QUOTE]No.

Once the order has been placed and it's made with free 2-day shipping with Prime and your Prime trial / sub runs out, it still ships with the free 2-day shipping.

That's why people go completely bugfuck nuts with making all kinds of orders when they get a Prime trial.

[quote name='shrike4242']No, there shouldn't be an issue with that, since they're Prime trials. Amazon normally won't let you get a Prime trial more than once per account, though numerous people have said that they've signed up more than once. If they see that you've done the trial before, they could cancel the second trial.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have that happen to them, getting another trial and then having it canceled prematurely? I just got another free trial after about a year after my last trial. It sounds like they reset the record on a yearly basis to try to tempt us to subscribe. The timing couldn't be any better with BF deals coming up.
If anyone's curious, I had a few DVDs in my cart, and some Krazy Glue as filler, when they gave me the option to open a Prime trial.

just got the 1 month offer...ordered a few games for free 2 day shipping. Good stuff.

I think this is a good membership actually, if you're a high volume amazon shopper. I only buy 3 to 4 games a year from amazon, and occasionally other random gadgets so I can't justify $79 a year.

I used my free trial a long time ago but ordered MW 2 with release date delivery. On thanksgiving,I checked out what sales there were and I saw that they were offering another 1 month trial. Maybe we get another chance after using release date delivery?

Just thought I'd mention that even though I did a free month Prime trial a year or two ago, it looks like I was able to do the free trial again on the same account. It may recycle every 12-24 months.

I started seeing the ads for prime in my cart on all my Amazon direct purchases, so I figured I'd try the trial again and see what happens.

Anybody know if the Amazon Prime trial is active again, and where one could find a link to it?

Thanks CAGs

Just want to make sure on this because I have no need for prime for a full year at $80. I can do a free trial now and cancel anytime before the month is up and I won't be charged?

bread's done
Back