Free 1 Year trial of XNA Creators club

This will go perfect with my game design course at full sail. Thanx, ur god among us broke and cheap inventors.

Am I going to have to cancel this later so I don't get charged or anything?

Edit: Now I can't figure out how to download things, there's no option for a "Get Beta Code" thing for me... is this not a premium membership or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/12661.aspx

Its fully explained here

Sounds like its not much of a trial here at all.
Quote from them "Either way *its FREE* - technically its impossible to be ripped off ;-)"

its true i guess but still ... heavily limited

More like a teaser then anything since this is not checked for the trial "3 BETA/RTM Submit & Review Games"

Edit: now i read a little more I think you can make games and "deploy" them to your xbox for testing but you can't submit it or let other people try it.
Also obviously you can't DL content and other games as well. Basically your grounded and can only play with yourself.

Yeah, you don't need to enter any legit info as it just gives you the code on the page, you can enter this on your 360 and download XNA games too.

Thanks OP, I already made an awesome game. 4 Controllers on max vibration + Random Colors which fill up the screen = better than Rez.

[quote name='Sockey']Thanks OP, I already made an awesome game. 4 Controllers on max vibration + Random Colors which fill up the screen = better than Rez.[/quote]

I know some girls that would like that.:applause:

[quote name='supraazn']http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/12661.aspx

Its fully explained here

Quote from them "Either way *its FREE* - technically its impossible to be ripped off ;-)"

More like a teaser then anything since this is not checked for the trial "3 BETA/RTM Submit & Review Games"

Edit: now i read a little more I think you can make games and "deploy" them to your xbox for testing but you can't submit it or let other people try it.
Also obviously you can't DL content and other games as well. Basically your grounded and can only play with yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can in-fact atleast edit and play the games on your 360. I tried out the RPG they have on their site, and it transferred to my 360, and I was able to play it on there.

I'm going to have a friend try out one of the online games with me, however, he won't be able to until Tuesday, when he gets his new HDD. But you can, 100%, guaranteed, edit and play games on your 360 (editing of-course takes place on your PC, but you know what I mean).

To get this developed as an XNA creation itself, you have to become a premium member. So, if anyone is interested in trying to see if they can make the next big game, then this XNA trial is perfect. I know for me, that once I actually learn C# (which this will let me do), I'd become very interested in continuing with this, and purchasing a full-on subscription, maybe if I'm lucky, even get a game approved for the XBLC games - although of-course, I don't realistically expect that to happen for me (for the time being, especially not during this trial), but can defiantly happen for others.

Can this be used for rock band? I remember reading awhile back that you need to have an XNA account in order to upload and put ya own bands music on rock band store. If this would help out that would be awesome. Thanks op!

Thanks OP, signed up. Is anyone else having their connection constantly time out when trying to download it? There's no alternative mirrors, either.

go to the GAME Marketplace, browse all, then look under the section X for XNA Creators Club and download it. It's more like an app and once it's done downloading, redeem the code that you are given from the website and run the xna cc on ya 360 and download+install the proper software and run it and you should be good to go.

This looks like an amazing deal because I am currently doing a network programming class for my bachelor's degree. My only question is, do you have to participate in any of the two contests on the page in the link, or can you just register to get a free 1 year premium XNA subscription and not participate in the contests?

[quote name='intoxicated662']go to the GAME Marketplace, browse all, then look under the section X for XNA Creators Club and download it. It's more like an app and once it's done downloading, redeem the code that you are given from the website and run the xna cc on ya 360 and download+install the proper software and run it and you should be good to go.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get a code from the site. :\

DUDE your awesome I was about to purchase a sub next month. Im going to finally pursue my dream of video game design sweet

Subscriptions stack, as well. I just got a code for myself and my brother, and stacked them both on to my account. It's good until 2012.

I may have to check into this again, I started something on the last trial, but never really got into it or learned much of the coding language. I may start picking it up now, and see if maybe I could try and make something (coding didn't seem that difficult, I was able to fool around and edit things easily without knowing too much on the samples).

I didn't see this on the site. Can you review other XNA games on your xbox with this subscription? Do you need a premium account for that? Or is this version purely to create a game?

[quote name='LuisRM']I didn't see this on the site. Can you review other XNA games on your xbox with this subscription? Do you need a premium account for that? Or is this version purely to create a game?[/QUOTE]
see:
[quote name='supraazn']http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/12661.aspx

Its fully explained here

Also obviously you can't DL content and other games as well. Basically your grounded and can only play with yourself.[/QUOTE]

These are the 2 things you can't do with a trial account: "Submit & Review Games to community games" & "download premium content".

[quote name='SuicideSnowman']see:

These are the 2 things you can't do with a trial account: "Submit & Review Games to community games" & "download premium content".[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, totally missed that in my read through.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Can this be used for rock band? I remember reading awhile back that you need to have an XNA account in order to upload and put ya own bands music on rock band store. If this would help out that would be awesome. Thanks op![/QUOTE]
Yes! It can, I've already played some songs, including one I made myself.

[quote name='TBS']Yes! It can, I've already played some songs, including one I made myself.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it to work? I got into the RBN preview program but the final step is telling me i need to purchase a Rock Band Creator's subscription to download and review songs
this kinda sucks lol

[quote name='jaser']How did you get it to work? I got into the RBN preview program but the final step is telling me i need to purchase a Rock Band Creator's subscription to download and review songs
this kinda sucks lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that is to download and review other people's songs. You need to get into the Rock Band Network Beta to do that. To play your own songs or files downloaded from the internet on your computer, you have to have at least MAGMA, which allows you to transfer the songs your Xbox 360 wirelessly. If you want to make your own songs, you have to download Reaper and the RBN plug ins for it.

So, maybe you guys can help. I have some experience with C++ and whatnot and would love to program some games. But I have no idea where to start...I d/led the XNA C# Dev stuff but I'm still kind of lost on how I should get started. Any sites someone can point me to? I'm definitely going to jump on this trial membership though

I didnt receive any emails but it gave me my trial code right away. Where exactly do I get the development kit from? thanks in advance

[quote name='marshall841']How do you know if you got the free year of xna on your xbox live acount?:?:[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure this died 6 months ago so I think your out of luck.

bread's done
Back