Free $10 Gift Card with FF 13 Purchase at Target!

[quote name='tipio']I am frequent consumer of Target Stores and I have seen it. My boyfriend has on more than one occassion wanted to pre-order it, but I told him to wait because Wal-Mart will have it at midnight.[/QUOTE]

You can always buy at both and return the Target one to Wal-Mart and get your money back! :bouncy:

Great deal for me:
$5 giftcard for preordering FF13
$10 giftcard for FF13
10% employee discount

and hopefully.........
PRICE MATCH WITH FRY'S!

Also, you can cash out the gift cards if they're under $10. Cashiers must do this if you request it.

Amazon has the game for $59.99 and a $10 gift certificate, but I think Target's deal is pretty damn sweet.

[quote name='sonicboom510']Great deal for me:
$10 giftcard for FF13
10% employee discount

and hopefully.........
PRICE MATCH WITH FRY'S!

Also, you can cash out the gift cards if they're under $10. Cashiers must do this if you request it.

Amazon has the game for $59.99 and a $10 gift certificate, but I think Target's deal is pretty damn sweet.[/QUOTE]

I'm a cashier at Target and I've never heard of cashing out a gift card...

Hmm I wonder if there is any way I'll be able to price match this at best buy since they are already technically giving me a $10 GC in the form of 500 bonus points.

[quote name='incubeezer']I'm a cashier at Target and I've never heard of cashing out a gift card...[/QUOTE]

Look at option K8, which says "extras", on the default screen where it displays your speed score (giant letter).

Once you get in there, the only option available is K4 which is to cash out a giftcard.

If the gift card is over $10, then it's not going to let you. If it's under $10, then it's going to cash out the gift card as a "refund".

$10 giftcard for FF13
10% employee discount

and hopefully.........
PRICE MATCH WITH FRY'S!

Amazon has the game for $59.99 and a $10 gift certificate, but I think Target's deal is pretty damn sweet.[/QUOTE]

10% also with their Red cards...

I know Target PM NOW, hopefully Kmart has it for $49.99 :D

$10 giftcard for FF13
10% employee discount

and hopefully.........
PRICE MATCH WITH FRY'S!
[/QUOTE]
Price Match with Fry's? does Fry's have it at, like, 54.96 or something?

I'm curious as to what Wal-Mart will have it at. During the Christmas season, they knocked $5 bucks off a bunch of hot-titles MSRPs, including Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Borderlands. But It hasn't been done since, and I'd love to pick up FF13 at 55 + 10% discount >.>.

Fry's usually has the games under MSRP, I know they had MW2 for $49.99 when it was first released.

I unfortunately don't have a Kmart or Walmart near me, so Fry's and Bestbuy are my only option. Bestbuy doesn't really offer low prices for new released games, but they do price match nicely though.

Here's an interesting tip that might make your day. If there are two employee's as a cashier in Electronics, ask one of them if you could use their namebadge on the machine to activate the 10% employee discount. If they refuse, ask them that you're willing to do a redcard application in exchange for their employee discount.

If you end up getting someone to give you their discount and you get approved for a redcard, then you would have 20% off (credit card discount and employee discount stacked together) on the game and whatever stuff you buy.

Getting red card apps from customers is what most cashiers at Target aim for.

Of course, YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know Kmart/Wal-mart deals are YET? It's almost frigging Friday?

I don't think there is any deals these places, something good would already been leaked, I bet.

[quote name='sonicboom510']Look at option K8, which says "extras", on the default screen where it displays your speed score (giant letter).

Once you get in there, the only option available is K4 which is to cash out a giftcard.

If the gift card is over $10, then it's not going to let you. If it's under $10, then it's going to cash out the gift card as a "refund".[/QUOTE]

Only thing for me under K8 is WIC check. Maybe guest service does it. Anyways, off topic. I was hoping for a $39.99 Bad Company 2. Maybe the week after this one.

[quote name='incubeezer']Only thing for me under K8 is WIC check. Maybe guest service does it. Anyways, off topic. I was hoping for a $39.99 Bad Company 2. Maybe the week after this one.[/QUOTE]

By law, California requires retailers to cash out gift cards if they're under $10. Perhaps you don't see it because you live in a different state? Regardless, it's a win-win for consumers shopping at Target in CA.

As for the pre-order cards, I haven't purchased one yet, so I'm not totally sure if we do have them. Hopefully they have some instock tomorrow.

[quote name='ultimablades']I also work at Target...never seen one.[/QUOTE]

Because it's NOT on the new Planogram (What they call all these shelfs and hooks arrangements) I also don't see it, but not sure if Pre-order expired on LAST Planogram before this one?

Going to head to Target tomorrow. This seems to be the best last minute preorder. Hopefully I can still get a $5 preorder card, because I'm hearing really mixed things here.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Because it's NOT on the new Planogram (What they call all these shelfs and hooks arrangements) I also don't see it, but not sure if Pre-order expired on LAST Planogram before this one?[/QUOTE]

This seems likely.. I went to two targets and couldn't find a card for it.. if someone DOES find one, they should give us the SKU so that we can use the scanner to check if our stores had/have it.

[quote name='ASLplease']Really? So basically if I can find a FF13 preorder card, I can generally get the game with $15 in gift card total?

I just saw it last week and I thought it meant the gift card lasts 7 days from purchase.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there is no pre-order card that ive seen. Probably because theyre doing a $10 one when you buy it, who knows.

[quote name='tipio']I am frequent consumer of Target Stores and I have seen it. My boyfriend has on more than one occassion wanted to pre-order it, but I told him to wait because Wal-Mart will have it at midnight.[/QUOTE]

She said she seen it

Target usually pulls the Reservation cards a couple weeks(maybe more) in advance. I remember checking when NCAA Football 2010 was coming out, and they had them for a while, but they were gone a week and a half before the game came out.

bread's done
Back