Free $10 Serve AMEX giftcard, possible $20

iKnowledge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Did not see this posted here, but basically if you sign up for a Serve account(similar to paypal) you will get a $10 dollar credit and then if you play Money Mover and answer a silly trivia question you will then get $10 more dollars. They will mail you a physical card that you can use any how you want.

Note: You will be asked to provide the last 4 digits of your social.

http://www.serve.com/

Extra $10 credit for free -just answer 1 trivia question right
http://www.playmoneymover.com/

Safe as far as I can tell. I did sign up for it and so far my account has been credited 10 bucks and they say my physical card is in the mail.

As far as i can tell the only truly compromising info you are giving up is your address and last four of the social.

You DO NOT have to link any debit or credit cards to your account if you choose not to and they DO NOT require you to visit random sites or anything like that.

Looks like American Express is just tired of PAYPAL cornering this market so they are offering an incentive to try it since PAYPAL has such a dominating posture...

Hello Serve Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in Serve and for taking the time to register for an account.
In order to continue processing your application, please provide:

• copy of your phone or utility bill matching your address dated within the past 90 days
and

• a copy of a government issued ID
If this information is not received within twenty-one days, we will assume you have decided to withdraw your application.
fuck that shit.

I did this about a week or so ago, and I've already got $20 in my account, and have received my card in the mail.

It's basically a Paypal alternative. Since I have an AmEx card already, I went for it. $20 for me!

[quote name='boagman']I never got any of that. Don't know what's what with that.[/QUOTE]
Me neither. My best guess would be because I have no credit, but that shouldn't be a factor (I'm not even sure that they can check it with the info you give them.)

[quote name='ROB64']Me neither. My best guess would be because I have no credit, but that shouldn't be a factor (I'm not even sure that they can check it with the info you give them.)[/QUOTE]
LOL, that's exactly why you got it. And yes, they can run a credit report with the info you give them.

[quote name='ROB64']fuck that shit.[/QUOTE]Never saw that... they say on the site that do DO NOT run a credit check, but I also tell girls I have a 10in schlong while trying to get into their pants so.... yeah. Who knows, but I did not get anything requesting a bill or anything else.

All they asked me for was name, address, last 4 of social and phone number, and account creation information. Also, the first 10 bucks was credited upon confirming email maybe even before, so almost immediately.

I was going to ask why you would even post that response, but then I saw all of your referral junk in the sig.

Well played, and well spoken for someone that entertains that lol.

[quote name='lolwut?']Awesome. Did both; how long does the $20 take to show up in your account on Serve?

Thanks for this OP[/QUOTE]

$10 should already be there. The next $10 will be available to you in a day or two. They'll email you, and you have to approve the amount. It's easy.

GIVE PART OF MY SOCIAL FOR A 10 DOLLAR GIFT CARD???

lets-do-this.jpg

[quote name='lolwut?']Really? My account balance says 0.00 still

Did you have to add your bank account or debit card?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I had $10 to start out with, and then a day or two afterwards, I got the email for the other $10. Don't have any idea why you don't have $10 in your account to start with.

Got my first $10. Just took the quiz, and I will see what happens with my other $10.

It's all going towards xmas gifts anyway.

I did this about two weeks ago. You can actually just transfer the money to your bank account if you wish. The so called giftcard the OP is talking about is actually an american express debit card* that they send you that you're not required to activate. The reason they ask for the last 4 of your social is do a soft pull on your credit report.

Note: It takes about 24 hours for you to receive the second 10 dollars.

*It's actually call it a reloadable prepaid card but their both the same thing really.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iKnowledge']I was going to ask why you would even post that response, but then I saw all of your referral junk in the sig.

Well played, and well spoken for someone that entertains that lol.[/QUOTE]

i was just voicing my opinion...but thanks for the unneeded rudeness, much appreciated!

[quote name='GenPirate']
*=The debit card does not come with a PIN nor will they give you one. If you use this card at a store you must choose Credit and much like the PayPal card the money comes out of your available balance first and then any backup credit/debit card you have on file that you set as default.[/QUOTE]
Really?Then,why was there an option to set a PIN number?

Well, I signed up. Got my $10, should have the second $10 by tomorrow. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for the card to arrive, I'd love to be able to use the cash to get THe Old Republic next week. People who did this already, how long did it take to get the card?

Either way, thanks for the heads up, OP! Will definitely be nice in the coming week or two.

[quote name='mrx001']Really?Then,why was there an option to set a PIN number?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for correcting me! I just realized my error. I received both my Serve card and my MasterCard gift card from the MasterCard holiday promotion on the same day and I confused the letters that came with them. Disregard the pin part but the rest holds true. My MasterCard gift card was the one without the PIN.

[quote name='Ashsaber']Well, I signed up. Got my $10, should have the second $10 by tomorrow. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for the card to arrive, I'd love to be able to use the cash to get THe Old Republic next week. People who did this already, how long did it take to get the card?

Either way, thanks for the heads up, OP! Will definitely be nice in the coming week or two.[/QUOTE]

A week and a half for me. If you add your bank account, after you confirm two Micro Deposits, you can withdraw the money to your bank account. I chose the latter and after confirming the deposits I had the money in my account a few days before the card arrived.

[quote name='dwb6']i was just voicing my opinion...but thanks for the unneeded rudeness, much appreciated![/QUOTE]And I, mine. You are welcome.

Thanks much OP...I'm always in especially if they only ask for the last 4 of the SS, I mean we give that to cable, cell phone, and utillities companies all the time and never bat an eye!

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Saw a post on slickdeals saying you can create 4 subaccounts and get $10 for each one by playing the game again making another easy $40.

Not sure if that's true or not but I gave it a shot yesterday and now I'm just waiting to see if it does deposit the money. I'll let you guys know if it works.[/QUOTE]Wow great idea. Let us know if it works

THANKS OP!!!!!! Got the $10, waiting on the next $10.

I didn't get an email confirming the 2nd $10 that the quiz said it would send. Do you get that at the same time the 2nd $10 is put into your account?

[quote name='iKnowledge']The $10 should credit around the time you confirm your email[/QUOTE]

well i already confirmed my e-mail and it's been awhile still no $10

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']well i already confirmed my e-mail and it's been awhile still no $10[/QUOTE]

There was a banner at the bottom of the page linked in the OP that you were supposed to click. Signing up without clicking the banner would make it so you didn't get the money. You can contact Serve and they will manually add the money. Just tell them you didn't receive your 10 dollar sign up bonus.

When you play that quiz game for the $10 and enter your email, is it supposed to give you a message saying it was sent? It seems to kind of freeze for me despite doing it twice.

[quote name='heratio']When you play that quiz game for the $10 and enter your email, is it supposed to give you a message saying it was sent? It seems to kind of freeze for me despite doing it twice.[/QUOTE]Sounds like a software/cpu issue. All adobe and flash up to date I assume?

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure I have NO credit, and my account was approved just fine without needing proof of address or a copy of my ID.

Got the $10, and was told I'd be sent an email for the quiz $10.

One question, how am I supposed to use this money? Do I have to wait for the card to spend it?

EDIT - nevermind, I see you can transfer it to your bank account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had all sorts of issues trying to get the verification email and eventually had to switch emails and switch them back to get the email to come....hoping that my quiz $10 comes with all the switching!

bread's done
Back