FREE 12-month XBOX live card at blockbuster!!!! READ!!!!

Although I'm still on the fence over whether this is a crime worth complaining about (because I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this board downloads music 'illegaly'), I do know that it's not hard to walk into your local Blockbuster, find a 12-month card, and ask an employee if you can have it. I know it's not hard, because I just did it twenty minutes ago. And now I have a nice 12 free months of Live, without the guilt or shadiness.

Haha... I love how this kid is lashing out at everyone for callin' em on it. I am really impressed by your ability to steal XBOX Live cards from Blockbuster that you could get for the cost of a stamp and 10 minutes of your time, from Microsoft. You badass. Where do you live? If it's close enough, maybe we can go to Walmart next week and steal some AOL 9.0 discs. Whatta ya say?

[quote name='optimolife'] I found 2 of the 12-month cards which will let you start an account or extend your existing one, and I got about 20 of the 2 month ones which only let you start a new account and expire in september. [/quote]

You are a total douchebag. Why would you take them all you greedy prick? If you took 1, its ok, but 22? thats bullshit and so are you. I would like to add more insults but I think I can restrain myself.

I asked the employee, and he said I could have it. He even asked if I wanted any more. I decided to leave it for any other cheap asses around.

Ah, shut the hell up. What he did was akin to taking 3 free samples of pizza at the local supermarket instead of one. They were free. Quit bitching. Mr. Peanut- Can you PM me with one of the codes on those cards?

One of my friends works at a local video game rental.. I think I'll ask him for one. It sure beats paying however much it is to resubscribe.
Good work taking as many as you can, in the capitalist world it is better to take all for yourself than leave any for other sods. I don't really care about the next loser that doesn't want to pay 50$ a year. I doubt I would have responded to them attacking you.. not worth my time to attack or defend my statements. You just have to let it hang out m8. Thnx for the "deal".

[quote name='optimolife']WOW i'm so happy...Everyone, go to blockbuster and look in the Xbox Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow boxes, not the ones that you take to the front counter, the box that the game comes in...the boxes are packaged with 2 or 12 month subscription cards!!!!!!!!!!! I found 2 of the 12-month cards which will let you start an account or extend your existing one, and I got about 20 of the 2 month ones which only let you start a new account and expire in september. My blockbuster had about 20 Splinter Cell PT boxes so I guess I was in luck!! Have fun, and remember who to thank!!!! :D :D[/quote]

Hey asswhipe is it really necessary to take 20 when you could only start a new account with it you plan on making 20 accounts I think your the douche that got greedy

i got a whole bunch fromone blockbuster, this kid i knew from high school was working there and said i could take all i want, if anyone wants a 2 month card let me know, i also have 2 12 months for trade

[quote name='JSweeney']
What if he asked the manager or some other competent employee and they said "yes, you can have them", is it still stealing?
Not at all. In fact, that would be the proper way to do it.[/quote]

OK, curiosity got the better of me but I decided to do this 100% straight up.

I look in the case. It has the manual and a 12-month card. I take both the game and the case to the counter to rent it.

"Hey, you guys left all the manuals and trial cards in the cases on the shelf," I tell the clerk. "Maybe you should keep them behind the counter so people don't just take them."

"Oh yeah," he said. "We're supposed to keep those in the box."

"So I can get the manual with my rental?" I really did want it, it's been forever since I played SC and a manual sure would help.

"No," the clerk said. "We have to keep that here, so we can repackage it with the game when we sell it used."

"Oh, ok. What about the trial cards?"

"We don't have any use for those. You can have it if you want."

"Thanks!"

I only got one (don't get greedy, folks!). I suggested point blank that maybe they should keep these somewhere else so people don't just take them. And the key here is I asked if it was ok for me to keep and he told me flat-out it was fine. A little politeness goes a long way folks, remember that the next time you throw a fit because the Target worker bee won't do your raincheck.

Actually, I'm surprised that more BB employees didn't just keep the cards for themselves. I guess none of them have Xboxes of their own (which might explain why there's hardly any Xbox games at my local BB).

On a somewhat related subject, someone from EGM's subscription department called me today and tried to get me to subscribe again. She opened by asking me how the weather was, and after I said "fine" she said "what kind of temperatures are you getting?" What the hell?

P.S., I did not subscribe.

At least there's some cool people around these boards, all you others calling me "douche bag", now that's intelligence let me tell you. And I agree maybe I shouldn't have started calling all these losers pussies, but when you assume things and start lashing out at me when all I did was help a few people get a free 12 month card, then you can all go to hell. I'm glad at least some people enjoyed this deal. Oh and regarding the 15 or so 2-month cards, I've already given most of them out to friends, and people on gamefaqs, I'm not greedy and selfish as you all assumed, or I wouldn't have posted this on several boards, for cheapasses to take advantage of, whether by asking an employee or just taking it. As proven, the employees couldn't care less anyway, and some asshole (like some of you on this board) employee could have refused, for no reason, so I decide to take things on my own, call it stealing, call it what you want, I don't really give a shit what you all think =D

PS: It amazes me to see at what lengths some of you will go to write a whole page, just to call me a thief and a "douche bag"...I feel special.

Well I asked the employie and he said I could have any of the subscription cards I want! He said it was no big deal, their useless to BB. I'm heading up their today to get a 12 month one.

For what they make you pay to rent a game, it just seems like sweet revenge Especially when you have to pay late fees

It's not really revenge unless your hurting the one that's hurting you.

Late fees rock, that is the reason you get to rent the game you want when you go up there.

[quote name='hutno']For what they make you pay to rent a game, it just seems like sweet revenge Especially when you have to pay late fees[/quote]

'Sweet revenge' would be putting them out of business by renting only from Gamefly, or Hollywood Video, or whatever, and not giving them your dollars. They don't 'make' you pay anything to rent a game. Yes, BB is the major rental outlet, but you should be able to find other local stores, and if not, there are the online venues. And you don't 'have' to pay late fees. Only if you're late, which 99% of the time, is in your hands. And actually, the 'late fee', at least according to my last rental, isn't actually a fee, but just another week's worth of rental [that's what they did when I was late].
I guess I should steal books from the library, since they charge late fees if my books are overdue.
And 'greedy' or 'selfish' or not, it's still stealing--unless you ask the owner and they say 'Sure, go ahead.' Which it looks like is what happened in almost every case where people did the humane, respectful thing, and were thusly rewarded, rather than feeling 'cool' and stealing a product that could have easily been gotten, legimitately and honestly, for free.

[quote name='optimolife']No stoneface, you're the douche bag, trust me. Good guys always finish last, just remember that, loser.[/quote]

[quote name='optimolife']At least there's some cool people around these boards, all you others calling me "douche bag", now that's intelligence let me tell you. And I agree maybe I shouldn't have started calling all these losers pussies, but when you assume things and start lashing out at me when all I did was help a few people get a free 12 month card, then you can all go to hell. I'm glad at least some people enjoyed this deal. Oh and regarding the 15 or so 2-month cards, I've already given most of them out to friends, and people on gamefaqs, I'm not greedy and selfish as you all assumed, or I wouldn't have posted this on several boards, for cheapasses to take advantage of, whether by asking an employee or just taking it. As proven, the employees couldn't care less anyway, and some asshole (like some of you on this board) employee could have refused, for no reason, so I decide to take things on my own, call it stealing, call it what you want, I don't really give a shit what you all think =D

PS: It amazes me to see at what lengths some of you will go to write a whole page, just to call me a thief and a "douche bag"...I feel special.[/quote]

How quickly they forget...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']

How quickly they forget...[/quote]

I like this one:

"when you assume things and start lashing out at me .....you can all go to hell." But *we're* the ones 'lashing out'. And don't forget, we're not "cool people ", 'cause we don't steal.

[quote name='dtcarson']

I like this one:

"when you assume things and start lashing out at me .....you can all go to hell." But *we're* the ones 'lashing out'. And don't forget, we're not "cool people ", 'cause we don't steal.[/quote]

Did I miss something? Did the church change it around so you go to hell if you DON'T steal? Mel Gibson was right, Vatican 2 is out of control. :?

[quote name='repetske']Hey you guys need to relax. I mean, everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't I?[/quote]

We aren't doing it, so you're argument is obviously false. :)
Everyone else would mean everyone except you is doing it. As there have already been multiple people who have stated they didn't, everyone else obvious does not do it.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Well I asked the employie and he said I could have any of the subscription cards I want! He said it was no big deal, their useless to BB. I'm heading up their today to get a 12 month one.[/quote]

good luck dude, i went all over the southtowns today and found none, looks like word has spread

mine had removed all the stuff from teh inside of the package. Looks like I am just going to check out the SP and see if its any good.

I went to Blockbuster earlier today and surprisingly there were 4 boxes and each one had a 2-month card inside. It was tempting to get them, but eventually I didn't. However, if they were 12-month cards, that would've been a different story.

[quote name='OutlawJT']Those cards are only usable by people who have never subscribed to Xbox Live before.[/quote]

Actually, they can be used to extend an existing account.

Apparently there are also cards for a Kenwood Surround Sound system in the boxes. Blockbuster employees probably took all of them already, or some CAGs won't admit winning it... =/

I found one yesterday. Asked the two employees who were working and neither one had any problem with me taking it. This almost makes up for the sixty dollar late fee I incurred from them in college. (Yes, I know it was my fault.)

shit that is hot. I hope my blockbuster will have it unless those dumbasses at blockbuster (if u took offense to that then u r a sensitive schmuk with a shlong in ur mouth) took them out

[quote name='OutlawJT']What the bloody hell are you going to use 22 of them for? Handouts for your friends. Those cards are only usable by people who have never subscribed to Xbox Live before. So, unless you have 22 different credit cards you can register with most of them are completely worthless to you whereas other people might have been able to benefit from them had you not taken them. And it is stealing, even though on a very minor scale. Microsoft included them in the sealed boxes to encourage people who BUY THE GAME to get on Xbox Live. If Microsoft had intended for them to be free they wouldn't have bundled them with games, they would've started mailing them out to anyone who registers on their website or something.

I wouldn't begrudge you taking one of the cards if it was carelessly left in the case. To take so many when you can't even use them though is just greedy, selfish and pointless. Perhaps a little courtesy and common sense would've been prudent. Seeing how much of an ass you are, though, I understand that your limited intelligence doesn't allow for such things optimolife. You're the one that needs to grow up here. Post again in a few years when you pass puberty squirt.[/quote]

owned

Damn, this is what i was wondering all along, if you can only use ONE, then why would you take 22 of them????

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='OutlawJT']What the bloody hell are you going to use 22 of them for? Handouts for your friends. Those cards are only usable by people who have never subscribed to Xbox Live before. So, unless you have 22 different credit cards you can register with most of them are completely worthless to you whereas other people might have been able to benefit from them had you not taken them. And it is stealing, even though on a very minor scale. Microsoft included them in the sealed boxes to encourage people who BUY THE GAME to get on Xbox Live. If Microsoft had intended for them to be free they wouldn't have bundled them with games, they would've started mailing them out to anyone who registers on their website or something.

I wouldn't begrudge you taking one of the cards if it was carelessly left in the case. To take so many when you can't even use them though is just greedy, selfish and pointless. Perhaps a little courtesy and common sense would've been prudent. Seeing how much of an ass you are, though, I understand that your limited intelligence doesn't allow for such things optimolife. You're the one that needs to grow up here. Post again in a few years when you pass puberty squirt.[/quote]

owned

Damn, this is what i was wondering all along, if you can only use ONE, then why would you take 22 of them????[/quote]

I was partially wrong here. The 12 month cards can be used to extend an existing account. I wasn't really talking about them when I said most of that. The two month cards can only be use to start a new account and that is what I was referring to. I had assumed that microsoft was intelligent enough to keep things like CC on file so that one could not be reused to create infinite accounts with these 2 month cards (ie the way companies like AOL do to prevent account duplication for free trials) but according to someone else on this board (sorry I forgot your name) a CC can be used with as many of those 2 month cards as you want. In my opinion that is a glaring problem on Microsofts end which will end up costing them a ton of subscriptions. Ultimately it doesn't matter much since they make so much money anyway but it is a bad loophole for the time being.

In any case, it is still stealing if you take the cards without asking. Handing most of them out to your friends doesn't make it any less greedy that you took so many. I commend all those that asked their local BB if they could have the cards rather than just pocketing them. It's a shame there aren't more people like that in the world.

Why bother trying to sign up multiple free trials of AOL when they will give you more free months just for threatening to cancel?

I just went to my local blockbuster and got 7 12 month subscription cards!

Just kidding....they had nothing...either the employees took them or they threw them out. I actually told the manager that I had heard Blockbusters were giving out some XBOX live codes that came with Pandora's box, he was very nice and checked the boxes on the shelves (which I had already done) and even went and looked in the box that actually had the game disc. All they had in there was the manual....but it was nice that he tried.....

If anyone gets one of these codes and doesn't need it, and isn't expecting TOP dollar for it, PM me for a possible sale/trade. Thanks.

Jake

I saw a bunch of 2 month cards and one 12 month card at my nearest BB. But I already have an XBL subscription, I left them for other cheapasses. Who will hopefully ask for them rather than just taking them.

at my blockbuster they had about 6 scpt boxes and 3 of them had the 2 month 1 of them had the 12 month :D and the other 2 had nothing. Lets just say I wont have to pay for aother year of xbox live :D :D :D

[quote name='optimolife']I beat the pussy, I don't clean it...that douche bag is a loser like the rest of you who came here just to flame, I posted this for people interested in getting a free subscription, not for dorks who think I care about how scared they are to step out of their house.[/quote]

Im with you optimolife!! They are losers! I would have gone to all the BB and taken all the cards!!!!

bread's done
Back