Free 2 Month Blockbuster Total Access

Kosley

CAGiversary!
Free 2 months of Blockbuster Total Access for new members (1, 2, or 3-out at a time)

1. Go to www.blockbuster.com/transfer

2. Go to the bottom of the page, on the left side under terms and conditions click the two small dots (Picture)

3. On the next page put store number "91271" and password "bbonline"

4. Next page where it says dish id put "666441"

5. Then sign up and enjoy 2 months of free movies, games, and blu-ray rentals!

This promotion is used for the B&M stores that are closing. Just be sure to cancel before your 2 months is up or it will auto bill you

Updated: 01-20-13
Credit: gamerguy223

Last edited by a moderator:
I had until the 25th to cancel, but I canceled today just to be on the safe side. I have to return Bad Teacher, Bad Santa, and Hangover II. I really enjoyed this service, but it's not something I would pay for. I enjoy watching movies and whatnot, but now it's time I get through some of my games in my backlog.

It has been a week since I signed up and nothing has shipped. I have 13 games in my queue that have been avaliable since day 1.

Does it normally take this long?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']It has been a week since I signed up and nothing has shipped. I have 13 games in my queue that have been avaliable since day 1.

Does it normally take this long?[/QUOTE]

I would contact them. It didn't take that long for me to receive my games/movies. I would check the email you used to sign up with. They always send out an email when they shipped out your next rental.

anyone know if your credit remains on the account... I got an email saying i had a 9.99 credit .... if i rejoin i wonder if that 10 buck credit would come off first month bill

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know if your credit remains on the account... I got an email saying i had a 9.99 credit .... if i rejoin i wonder if that 10 buck credit would come off first month bill[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be noisy but I couldn't figure how you got a 9.99 credit?

[quote name='mikepeluso']Sorry to be noisy but I couldn't figure how you got a 9.99 credit?[/QUOTE]

first month complain that nothing shipped out for the first few days or so or i got a few busted disc in a row that tied up my account for a week

(was given half off my first paying month)

Hey does anyone know if after you cancel and have a movie left to send back, can you take it back to the blockbuster store rather than put it in the mail.
Also I assume that you can't exchange it for a store rental after you have canceled your membership online?Is that correct?
Thanks for the info.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey does anyone know if after you cancel and have a movie left to send back, can you take it back to the blockbuster store rather than put it in the mail.
Also I assume that you can't exchange it for a store rental after you have canceled your membership online?Is that correct?
Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can just drop it in the box if you want

Haha, and people complain about Gamefly. Added a released game to my queue. Won't be available until August. Haha.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Anyone have any clue how good this deal will be good for? I don't want to start my 2 months yet, I'd rather wait like a month before I start it.[/QUOTE]
Depends how long this promotional code is good for, that we shouldn't have access to. If it dies, then the regular 1 month trial probably will still be around.

Haha, and people complain about Gamefly. Added a released game to my queue. Won't be available until August. Haha.
Yeah, it's at least 6+ months for Blockbuster to add games. Then you're going to have a very long wait to get any of those games after that. If you're looking for new games, go elsewhere.

Why didn't I sign up months ago? I just saw this thread today lol. Anyways I think I will give it a try. Also can I do the 3 disc at a time plan and not be charged? I know the default is 2 discs at a time. Another one is can I cancel right away like right after I sign up so I won't have to worry about being charged?

[quote name='TKtheknight']Why didn't I sign up months ago? I just saw this thread today lol. Anyways I think I will give it a try. Also can I do the 3 disc at a time plan and not be charged? I know the default is 2 discs at a time. Another one is can I cancel right away like right after I sign up so I won't have to worry about being charged?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I believe so (if you can, they'll tell you that you are paid through your two months and additional discs will ship). I cancelled a day before they shipped me a disc the day after.

I signed up yesterday and added so much movies and games to the queue list. I already have 3 movies arriving on Monday. Strange I had a game on the top of the list and it was available and they didn't ship that first. I have the 3 disc at a time so it would make watching backlog of movies faster. Once I clear that up, it's just renting games from now on. My plan was 2 movies and a game every rental. Anyways thanks for this trial OP! Perfect time to use it because I have vacation for the next 2 and half months before going back to college for fall semester.

I signed up today, thanks a lot for posting this. I somehow have skipped over it for the longest time. Now I'll be able to see some current movies, since Netflix Streaming doesn't want to add any (they did add Drive though...right after I rented it from BB).

Edit: Can anyone tell me how multidisk items work? Say I wanted to add Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (which I believe is 2 discs) or try to get the new season of Breaking Bad on Blu Ray (which will be more than one disc more than likely). If Breaking Bad is say, 3 discs, is that what I can have out at one time is that one item? Or is that just one selection?

Edit 2: Found out how BReaking Bad would work. I hope FO3 would come with the other disc (the only thing I care about).

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up Thursday night, shipped Friday, and then got it Saturday. I have the 3-disc at a time selection. Fast shipping for me when it comes to movies. I'll try some of the games next.

Okay so I did the 2 month trial and I'm going to tell about my experience.

But first, let me say that I've been a big Blockbuster supporter during the whole Netflix rise, especially back when I was a victim of Netflix Throttling back in the day, when I was an 8 DVD at a time subscriber (yes kids, they used to offer that). Anyhow, I loved Blockbuster Total Access when it first came out and I had their 4 DVDs at a time plan with unlimited exchanges, which was great for me because I had a store down the street from my house. I got my TV shows and harder to find/older DVDs from online, and the new release movies in-store. Had a great experience, never a problem. Then they switched it to something like 1 exchange per month or some crap, and I just got tired of it, so I stopped DVD by mail all together.

Fast forward to this Two month Trial.

It's very clear that Blockbuster is barely in business, and the online service is a lot worse than it used to be. Quality control is pretty bad now.

The first three movies in my queue - the Mad Max trilogy. I'd never seen them, and having played various Mad Max inspired games, I wanted to see the movies. The first two movies were pretty badly scratched. The first movie wouldn't play at all. The second movie had TERRIBLE picture and barely audible sound. It was a bad print transfer on the version of the DVD Blockbuster had selected as their rental copy. Not Blockbuster's fault for the bad transfer, but there are much better versions of this film out there (I know because of research). The third movie looked okay, didn't even bother because umm...I didn't see the first two movies.

I used the Report a problem system, did a little sharpie mark on the inner circle of the DVD (the donut hole part where it's the slightest clear plastic). They sent me the EXACT SAME two discs back, which I figured they'd do, hence why I marked the discs. I sent all three discs back and contacted customer service, but didn't get a response. (Note - I tried multiple DVD players - my PS3, my Xbox 360, my sony stand alone player, a desktop, and this laptop. They're all close together so it's easy to try them all).

My next sets of DVDs came and went, I don't remember what they all were, just that they were new releases, no problems. Then, I wanted the Mission Impossible movies. The first movie skipped a bit, but I got through it. MI 2 and MI 3...lived up to their names...impossible [to play]. Reported them as such and sent them back.

Out of 15 movies rented, 10 worked fine, no problems. I loved both Hugo (now one of my all-time favorite movies) and the last Harry Potter chapter (Went Blu-ray on both of these). Four movies were DOA and one movie skipped/froze a bit too much for acceptability. I contacted Customer Support again, indicated that I never received a response, told them my problem. I thought they should extend my rental period for two weeks since that's what the bad DVDs basically cost me in my trial. She credited $10 on my account (only useful toward a membership).

At the end of my free trial, I switched it to a 1 DVD at a time plan which costs $10. I'll cancel before June 24th.

The game selection is pretty poor. They also get games late.

Would I recommend paying for the service? Nah, not really. I would compare Blockbuster to the Titanic, a big old sinking ship, but it doesn't completely fit. It's more like a sinking canoe at this point.

Heck if I know why I wrote all that. Doubtful anybody does more than skim it, but that's okay, lol.

what sort of sucks was thinking of going to netflix....

if your looking to stream on netflix okay
if your looking for dvd rentals stay with redbox cause netflix is hit with the same 30 day delay

[quote name='slidecage']anyone do the 2 months cancel and try to redo it using a different email cc[/QUOTE]

I don't think it can be done unless you have a different address.I asked a friend and he said he tried a second time but it was the address that wouldn't let him.

[quote name='pwnthee']Okay so I did the 2 month trial and I'm going to tell about my experience.

But first, let me say that I've been a big Blockbuster supporter during the whole Netflix rise, especially back when I was a victim of Netflix Throttling back in the day, when I was an 8 DVD at a time subscriber (yes kids, they used to offer that). Anyhow, I loved Blockbuster Total Access when it first came out and I had their 4 DVDs at a time plan with unlimited exchanges, which was great for me because I had a store down the street from my house. I got my TV shows and harder to find/older DVDs from online, and the new release movies in-store. Had a great experience, never a problem. Then they switched it to something like 1 exchange per month or some crap, and I just got tired of it, so I stopped DVD by mail all together.

It's very clear that Blockbuster is barely in business, and the online service is a lot worse than it used to be. Quality control is pretty bad now.

The first three movies in my queue - the Mad Max trilogy. I'd never seen them, and having played various Mad Max inspired games, I wanted to see the movies. The first two movies were pretty badly scratched. The first movie wouldn't play at all. The second movie had TERRIBLE picture and barely audible sound. It was a bad print transfer on the version of the DVD Blockbuster had selected as their rental copy. Not Blockbuster's fault for the bad transfer, but there are much better versions of this film out there (I know because of research). The third movie looked okay, didn't even bother because umm...I didn't see the first two movies.

I used the Report a problem system, did a little sharpie mark on the inner circle of the DVD (the donut hole part where it's the slightest clear plastic). They sent me the EXACT SAME two discs back, which I figured they'd do, hence why I marked the discs. I sent all three discs back and contacted customer service, but didn't get a response. (Note - I tried multiple DVD players - my PS3, my Xbox 360, my sony stand alone player, a desktop, and this laptop. They're all close together so it's easy to try them all).

My next sets of DVDs came and went, I don't remember what they all were, just that they were new releases, no problems. Then, I wanted the Mission Impossible movies. The first movie skipped a bit, but I got through it. MI 2 and MI 3...lived up to their names...impossible [to play]. Reported them as such and sent them back.

Out of 15 movies rented, 10 worked fine, no problems. I loved both Hugo (now one of my all-time favorite movies) and the last Harry Potter chapter (Went Blu-ray on both of these). Four movies were DOA and one movie skipped/froze a bit too much for acceptability. I contacted Customer Support again, indicated that I never received a response, told them my problem. I thought they should extend my rental period for two weeks since that's what the bad DVDs basically cost me in my trial. She credited $10 on my account (only useful toward a membership).

At the end of my free trial, I switched it to a 1 DVD at a time plan which costs $10. I'll cancel before June 24th.

Would I recommend paying for the service? Nah, not really. I would compare Blockbuster to the Titanic, a big old sinking ship, but it doesn't completely fit. It's more like a sinking canoe at this point.

Heck if I know why I wrote all that. Doubtful anybody does more than skim it, but that's okay, lol.[/QUOTE]

I kinda get ur point on the scratched discs, kinda annoying, but I would look on the bright side u got 2 months for free..plus another month on top of that, so 3 free months. You got 10 free movies..which you wouldnt have gotten before, so all in all I would say it is a win/win for you?

I had no issues with my service, not 1 scratched discs...and had I not signed up for the dish cable and got the streaming, I woulda kept it, I guess it depends on the person.

In my free 2 months, I got 35 rentals, and exchanged 10 or so at the store. 8 Being games..one thing netflix doesnt even offer, so im happy about that!

[quote name='schuerm26']Why is this not working for me? Keeps saying store id is not set. I attempted to follow the instructions in the OP.[/QUOTE]

It is sayin that because u gotta click those 2 tiny dots at the bottom left corner, and put in the store number.

[quote name='schuerm26']Why is this not working for me? Keeps saying store id is not set. I attempted to follow the instructions in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Did u get it to work?

I got it to work by following the directions on 1st page. So thanks for the two months but damn the service sucks. Everything says "Long or Short Wait" which means a 1 or 2 month wait... Most movies are available right away.

[quote name='pwnthee']Okay so I did the 2 month trial and I'm going to tell about my experience.

Heck if I know why I wrote all that. Doubtful anybody does more than skim it, but that's okay, lol.[/QUOTE]

I actually read the whole thing, lol. That's an experience. I had one Blu-Ray that was cracked so DOA. (Sin City) Other than that, I enjoyed the 10-14 games/movies that I took out. I finally tried out Shadows of The Damned, and hated it. Glad I didn't pay for it. I was able to rent Driver, and finally finish it. If you haven't played Driver, you're missing out big time. I was going to have my gf sign up for this plan, but the closest BBV closed so that's a no go.

The funniest experience I had occurred in the store that was closet to me. The rep kept trying to sign me up for a plan because I rented four or five movies in one week. I had to tell that I had the membership to get off of my back. Free of course. ;)

Just finished my two months. I finished 8 games to my liking from their .99 cent pile, so I can't complain.

I'd have continued with the 1 game/$9.99 plan but there isn't much of a selection left at my local Blockbuster.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla'] I was able to rent Driver, and finally finish it. If you haven't played Driver, you're missing out big time.[/QUOTE]

That's the one game I really want but it's never available. I still have until July 25th so hopefully I'll get it.

Yeah, what I've gotten has been good considering it's free, absolutely. I was just saying I wouldn't pay for the service anymore. Customer Service is quick to respond, but not THAT helpful. Each time I've had a problem with the condition of a disc, I would tell them that I think quality control is rather low at their warehouses. The CS person would basically say I was lying ["I assure you they have the highest quality standards..." blah blah blah]. If I were paying for the service, I'd be pretty mad about that.

I last rented WET and it arrived cracked in two. :/

Hmm I keep hearing good things about Driver. I'll have to eventually buy it.

Just visited a closing store to grab a few things, found out they pushed their closing dates up to this saturday, so if ur going to do this free trial, I would sign up before saturday evening or it might not work nemore.

[quote name='pedrobeara']give it a month and they slow way down[/QUOTE]

That's an understatement. Barely 2.5 weeks in, and they've already delayed sending ANY movies out.

Discs get returned early morning (no longer show At Home), but aren't officially "returned" until late afternoon when that email shows up. Of course that ends up blocking the potential mailings for the day.

I've had an open slot for several days with no movement. Taunting me with movies that are available, but not going into processing isn't helping to convert me into a paying customer.

Glad this is a trial because I wouldn't spend money for such shoddy service. It was fine the first week, then the various stunts start.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I finally tried out Shadows of The Damned, and hated it.
[/QUOTE]
...WAT?

I know it's your opinion and all, but that game is FANTASTIC. What didn't you like about it?

[quote name='Hibiwa']That's an understatement. Barely 2.5 weeks in, and they've already delayed sending ANY movies out.

Discs get returned early morning (no longer show At Home), but aren't officially "returned" until late afternoon when that email shows up. Of course that ends up blocking the potential mailings for the day.

I've had an open slot for several days with no movement. Taunting me with movies that are available, but not going into processing isn't helping to convert me into a paying customer.

Glad this is a trial because I wouldn't spend money for such shoddy service. It was fine the first week, then the various stunts start.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Blockbuster is horrible. Free is about all it's worth.

[quote name='No.']Just finished my two months. I finished 8 games to my liking from their .99 cent pile, so I can't complain.

I'd have continued with the 1 game/$9.99 plan but there isn't much of a selection left at my local Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

It's an absolute blast! Speaking of Shadows of The Damned it just felt childish. The story is bleh, and the controls were just awkward. I don't know why so many people rave about that game. I played it for maybe two or three hours, and it just wasn't for me.

I've rented Iron man 1 on PS3 and the rest are blu-ray movies like Captain America and Thor and Bridges of Madison county for my mother on dvd and Hulk Vs. After that Im canceling

This works with both games and movies? Im confused with the 3 DVDs out at a time . Does that mean just movies of both movies and games 3 out at a time. The mobile version only shows movies for me

Ok. So I rented a game (King Kong) from them and it came cracked almost in half. I file a report and they say they'll send me another copy of the game. That's fine. What's not fine is them saying me the same cracked in half copy of the game. If they try to put this on me I swear I don't know what I'm gonna do. Did I mention that I hate Blockbuster?

I wish I could say that if you still have a cracked game you received in your possession and reported it, to hold it until they send you a replacement in a day or two, however my last experience with a damaged game took 15 days for them to mail a replacement. I said up thread, it's barely tolerable for being free.

Ok my trial has been good so far ever since I started at the beginning of the month and now I'm worried about something. So last week I received 2 movies on Monday and then mailed them the next day after watching them. I have over 50 stuff on the queue list and usually it takes a day to ship it back to Blockbuster and then ship the next movies. So I just checked my status and the movies still say they're at my house when I mailed them. I'm worried that the movies might be lost in mail and won't receive it to ship my next movies. Does Blockbuster usually have a long delay? I had a good 4 weeks until this happens. I hope they received it and I currently rented Space Marine for 360 from them. I did 3 titles at once thing.

I still have a bb near me, didn't know they have good rental prices like this, games are 2.99/1.99/.99 on first day (most games are 1.99) and .99 for each extra day. So a lot like redbox except my bb has a lot more games. I see plenty of mw3 available, for example.

so let me get this straight. I live right next to a Blockbuster. If I sign up for the two month free rental service, I can walk to the store and exchange movies as regularly as I want? And if I want a game, I can mail back a movie and exchange it for a game in my que? And that whole thing about exchanging for a 99 cent rental too. Sorry I'm so late to the party, i just stumbled upon this thread and want to make sure its legit. Thanks.

I just canceled my 1-month trial. It's been 2 weeks since they listed my first disc as returned and they haven't sent anything else out despite having a bunch of "available" and "short wait" titles in my queue

bread's done
Back