FREE 200 MSP from XBL Rewards for September

MrPiggles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
1. Spend 10 or more hours enjoying any sports app on your Xbox 360, and you'll score 100 Microsoft Points! All rewards members qualify (free and gold) and by sports apps, I'm assuming MLB.tv, ESPN and UFC.

Source: http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/landing/september-fmi

2. When you participate in at least eight Community Playdate events in a month, you'll score 100 Microsoft Points. All rewards members qualify (free and gold) and community playdates can be found here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Events/CommunityPlaydate

Source: http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/landing/playdate

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, eight playdates a month? I'd be lucky to have the time/games required for one. What a terrible reward.

Also I think the UFC app counts for the sports app requirement.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Wait, eight playdates a month? I'd be lucky to have the time/games required for one. What a terrible reward.

Also I think the UFC app counts for the sports app requirement.[/QUOTE]

Might not be bad if you can just hop in for a couple minutes and not play the whole time.

[quote name='MrPiggles']
2. When you participate in at least eight Community Playdate events in a month, you'll score 100 Microsoft Points. All rewards members qualify (free and gold) and community playdates can be found here:[/QUOTE]

How the hell do free members participate in playdates?

[quote name='GinsuVictim']How the hell do free members participate in playdates?[/QUOTE]

No idea, that's just what their FAQ says:

Who is eligible for the offer?
A. All Xbox LIVE Rewards members in the United States are eligible for the offer. Note that you must be an Xbox LIVE Rewards member before participating in a Playdate for that Playdate to count. Xbox LIVE Rewards members are eligible to receive this Reward once per calendar month.

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#playdate

Next month they'll add to the FAQ that there's no purchase required when the reward is to purchase specific items.

Man, the Rewards program is going further south by the month.

[quote name='Mugatu']Keep in mind the conversion rate - that is a lot of work for $2.50 worth of points.[/QUOTE]

I plan on just turning my Xbox on, opening a sports app, let something play, ignore it and do stuff on the computer. I'd hardly consider it a lot of work.

[quote name='GinsuVictim']How the hell do free members participate in playdates?[/QUOTE]
Maybe during those "Free Gold" events MS runs every so often?

48hr codes might also be the way for Free users to get in on the Playdate points?

Not sure about the apps for 10-hour viewing though, as I thought you needed Gold to view anything... (edit: Unless, indeed, the 'Free Gold event' mentioned above, happens sometime this month)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rewards is a worthless waste of time unless you are unemployed. The time input even if only a few minutes to log into game and AFK aren't worth the $2.50 of points.

[quote name='Trucidar']Rewards is a worthless waste of time unless you are unemployed. The time input even if only a few minutes to log into game and AFK aren't worth the $2.50 of points.[/QUOTE]

A few minutes for $2.50 is pretty damn good. At that rate, that's probably much more than what most of us make from our normal jobs.

This month would be like a freebie IF you're someone that likes sports (not me, but hey, I'm not pissing in my shorts over it). Sheesh you guys, what a bunch of whiners.

If you're looking to "get rich quick" on MS points, this isn't the program for you. And compared to any other rewards club, be it credit card or shopping club, I can't see how this isn't on par with anybody else.

In just under 2 years, I've earned 2k in points (and a few avatar props)--for doing things I normally would anyway. The few times I went "out of my way" to do anything to get credit back was when they had 5% months and I would feel thankful that I was given the opportunity to make purchases that otherwise never go on sale. And that's pretty much what they're mantra is, get rewarded for the things you do already. This is not rocket science, nor conning the system, it's just a Rewards Club.

Any info on how Free members can do any of this stuff?

I have one Gold account but want my main account to only get Gold when its 3 months for $3 or whatever they had. Yet do not want the Free account to miss out on getting the points since they say they are able to get them.

bread's done
Back