Free 3 gigs of webspace to the first 1,500 people

[quote name='whitereflection']Your accounts won't be deleted. An e-mail I got says:

"Many of our good users have had some trouble accessing their accounts, and we
attempted to send out a mass email recently with the activation code for all
those that missed it. Apparently this went wrong, and many of you received an
email saying something like "Your account will be terminated in ten days"

Please do not worry. Your account will not be terminated. We apologize for the
incorrect email."[/QUOTE]
i got this e-mail but not the first one :lol:

in the same vein, but not quite exactly the same.

any idea the features they provide on the paid accounts? i can't find a listing of what they do and don't allow? they have mysql, cgi, and one other option listed on the frontpage. i am looking for more info.

[quote name='6669']I got 2 emails:

"Subject : Your account will be deleted in 10 days

Warning..

You account will be deleted soon..."

Well they can go fuck themselves.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I now have 4 emails telling me this.

Well now that we have free webspace, does anybody know of any free .com/.net registration (solely for url forwarding purposes)?

www.dyndns.com is a pretty great redirecting service. I've been using them for years. If you've got a dynamic ip (if you're running a webserver off a cable/dsl connection, for instance), you can even download programs that will update your ip with their server. Free for most of it, too!

Not a bad deal. I say not bad cause the people (or person) running that site just opened it up this month, they already messed up by sending out wrong emails, and they started out requiring everyone to use anonymous ftp to upload files.

If you need web space or file storage online, then go for it, but please don't use filefarmer.com as your sole provider. Judging by they way they've started out, their service would probably be better used by people as a backup service in case one's primary web host becomes unavailable.

And this is common sense, but plz make backups of all of your files that you plan on uploading. You should always assume that any web host will be gone any day.

And don't give them money yet. See how long they stay running before you shell out any cash.

[quote name='swick']www.dyndns.com is a pretty great redirecting service. I've been using them for years. If you've got a dynamic ip (if you're running a webserver off a cable/dsl connection, for instance), you can even download programs that will update your ip with their server. Free for most of it, too![/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'm a little confused on something though.

When I go to register a domain, I get two options:

Register with Custom DNS - Custom DNS Wizard
Registering with Custom DNSSM provides our full DNS
solution, giving you complete control over the entire
domain name on our globally redundant DNS network. A
web-based interface provides two levels of control
over your domain, catering to average or power users.

Register Only
By registering only the domain, you will need to
obtain DNS service from a third party or provide your
own DNS service for your domain to function properly.

Could anyone give a quick explanation? If I'm using FileFarmer to host, and I only want this site to redirect to filefarmer, which would i need?

This could really be useful for those guys making custom case artwork. I think I'll use it for some video hosting.

[quote name='RayBan988']Got an email today saying my account would be deleted in ten days. It didnt give a reason. Anyone else get the same email?[/QUOTE]

I got that too...

wtf -_-

bread's done
Back