Free 30% off Coupon Code for Store.Origin.com (aka EA Games)

Stormedtrooper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
297 (100%)
I received the following code from EA during resolution of an issue I experienced with Store.Origin.com that I'm not going to use. I believe it is a 30% off code (email didn't exactly say but the rep I spoke with indicated it would be for 30% off) and it's only good through today. It sadly does NOT appear to work on preorders (didn't work for Mass Effect 3 collectors edition) and it wouldn't work for Star Wars Old Republic but it did work on a few instock console games that I checked (Mass Effect 2 for instance).

Unfortunately EA's prices don't currently compete with Best Buy, Amazon, etc. but someone might find something of worth so I figured I'd offer this up.

Code: AKA6C-EAPAG-23S5D

Happy New Year and if you use the code please post a reply so others know. I'll try to update the parent link when I have time.

You had an issue with them that was so bad they gave you a discount, but here you are advertising for them? Don't you see a problem with that?

And, yeah, do NOT buy from Origin. I will NEVER even think about using that service, which sucks, because I would like to play SW:OR, but there is no way in hell I'm ever having anything to do with origin, or whatever they name it next after THIS iteration fails too.

Wow OP, no love for coupons around here.

First off, most of the game publishers support SOPA, might as well throw out your computer since both Apple and Microsoft support it too. Second, the Origin client is not required to run for any game you buy on it except Battlefield 3. Playing Swtor right now and I never have origin open. I understand the hate EA gets, but I don't really find the Origin client anything that offensive. At least you can shut it off unlike steam.

and finally to mietha: hello fellow 'boro CAG. Nice to see someone else from our town on here!

I didn't notice it was one time. OP, a lurker probably already took it. Should not post things like that in the deals section unless they can be used multiple times.

[quote name='bdb2m']Wow OP, no love for coupons around here.

First off, most of the game publishers support SOPA, might as well throw out your computer since both Apple and Microsoft support it too. Second, the Origin client is not required to run for any game you buy on it except Battlefield 3. Playing Swtor right now and I never have origin open. I understand the hate EA gets, but I don't really find the Origin client anything that offensive. At least you can shut it off unlike steam.

and finally to mietha: hello fellow 'boro CAG. Nice to see someone else from our town on here![/QUOTE]

Hi there, nearby Tennessean.

My #1 gripe with Origin, if I may pile on my two cents, is that your stuff gets yanked if you don't play it for two years. As much of a catalog as I have amassed and continue to amass, this is a problem to me. So no sales from me.

And yeah... thread doesn't belong here. In before it closes I guess?

For the record: EA officially released a statement saying they don't support SOPA.

And it's absolutely stupid to not allow coupons in the "deals" section. Just STFU, this is a good post. Is it a deal? Yes. Would anybody else have read it had it been put on some sub-forum nobody visits? No.

30% off via coupon code is a lot better than plenty of "deals" posted on this forum. Why the hate for coupon codes? Lest we forget about a very well known Gamestop coupon code...CAG16. That coupon code led MANY users to discovery of this very site. I had only vaguely heard about this site until that code popped up.

I wonder how many deals we've missed because users didn't want to get their heads bitten off by haters.

Ebay Buy it Now bargains of multiple copies of the same item should be allowed, too. The "rulebreakers" that dared post a couple of those bargains landed me some sweet deals that I'd have never seen hidden away in the rarely visited auctions section. I got my PS3 for $240 shipped because of someone's Ebay post that was moved. Not to mention the absolute amount of hatred spewed at that OP, almost everyone saying he was the Ebay user (which he wasn't, and so what? We've had some game selling site owners on here before) and/or the auction was a scam. Both turned out false, as I received my PS3 2 days later, amazingly fast shipping.

There's no doubt that it is/was useful, but AFAIK it's a one-use coupon code from an unusual circumstance, which doesn't usually warrant a thread here. I'm not trying to police the place - just making a note of it

[quote name='pwnthee']For the record: EA officially released a statement saying they don't support SOPA.

And it's absolutely stupid to not allow coupons in the "deals" section. Just STFU, this is a good post. Is it a deal? Yes. Would anybody else have read it had it been put on some sub-forum nobody visits? No.

30% off via coupon code is a lot better than plenty of "deals" posted on this forum. Why the hate for coupon codes? Lest we forget about a very well known Gamestop coupon code...CAG16. That coupon code led MANY users to discovery of this very site. I had only vaguely heard about this site until that code popped up.

I wonder how many deals we've missed because users didn't want to get their heads bitten off by haters.

Ebay Buy it Now bargains of multiple copies of the same item should be allowed, too. The "rulebreakers" that dared post a couple of those bargains landed me some sweet deals that I'd have never seen hidden away in the rarely visited auctions section. I got my PS3 for $240 shipped because of someone's Ebay post that was moved. Not to mention the absolute amount of hatred spewed at that OP, almost everyone saying he was the Ebay user (which he wasn't, and so what? We've had some game selling site owners on here before) and/or the auction was a scam. Both turned out false, as I received my PS3 2 days later, amazingly fast shipping.[/QUOTE]

Right...well CAG16 was an awesome coupon that EVERYONE could use. This is an awesome coupon that ONE PERSON ONLY can use. If you had bothered to read the post rather than go off on some tangent telling everyone to "stfu" then you would know why we said it didn't belong here. That code was long gone by the time anyone replied to the post. I don't think anyone was being rude or unreasonable until you got here.

Well. I came here to be a follower and post for no reason. And, tell you, OP, this ain't no fucking deal and I'm mad as hell over this(don't know why.....just following)! Send me yo' address so I can EAT YO BRAINNNNNNNN!!!!! :censored::argue::bomb::whee:

bread's done
Back