Free $4.99 credit to Vudu through Xbox Live - check your e-mails

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Might apply to everyone though, e-mail just says to get the credit through the app, no code or anything.

60SMO.png

W00T I got it also. Wish they had a sort by price for things to buy. They are very expensive on stuff to purchase though. I can get a bluray for what they charge for most SDs. I guess I'll waste it on a rental.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured/1737/499-VUDU-Value-Collection bundles for 4.99 but they are some stinkers. I haven't found much to own for under 5 besides that ice age christmas special and tv shows.

I have not seen any of those movies. Leaning towards the Beer League, Far Out Man, Fubur because I at least heard of Beer League. Or that Driven to Kill Steven Seagal movie. Anyone recommend and of those 4.99 bundle movies?

Looks like it doesn't have to be made through the app. On the site if I go to buy something it is showing my 4.99 credit coming off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get an email but it seems the promotion is for everybody. Made a vudu account on my PC and got a free movie, then signed in on xbox and got the credits.

Nice, one free movie to use with my Xbox, one free movie to use with my smart TV, and one free movie to use with my blu ray player. Now to find something worth watching...

Yeah, finally a reason to use VUDU.

Will cash that in if I find something I want that not able to get from Redbox or Netflix.

Didnt get the email, but I signed up on the PC, got a free movie to choose from (Dante's Peak) and got the $4.99 credit after I signed on the Xbox Live app.

Yeah, signed up on the PC and got Saving Silverman then got an email about the $4.99 credit and it showed up when I activated the app on the 360. Here's part of the email as it extends past the 360.

SPECIAL OFFER: Activate VUDU on your Xbox 360®, Playstation® 3, Internet connected Blu-Ray™ players or HDTVs, and you're eligible to receive free* VUDU credits instantly. Use your credits and watch the latest HD new releases on us!

[quote name='sleepydumbdude'] http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured/1737/499-VUDU-Value-Collection bundles for 4.99 but they are some stinkers. I haven't found much to own for under 5 besides that ice age christmas special and tv shows.

I have not seen any of those movies. Leaning towards the Beer League, Far Out Man, Fubur because I at least heard of Beer League. Or that Driven to Kill Steven Seagal movie. Anyone recommend and of those 4.99 bundle movies?

Looks like it doesn't have to be made through the app. On the site if I go to buy something it is showing my 4.99 credit coming off.[/QUOTE]

I watched Beer League when it was on Comedy Central on their Midnight Stash show. Wasn't bad, but far from great. Didn't really recognize any of the rest besides Recoil. I think I watched it, I know my dad has it on DVD.

Oh and there are some $4.99 to own movies that aren't in that section. I typed in "of the Dead" and two movies showed up to own for $4.99. Searching "zombie" brought up a few more.

[quote name='GenTrapstar']I don't think it works if your already signed up for vudu.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. They always have this promo for new accounts.

The email that was sent out was for existing accounts but they have always had the 4.99 credit when you register a device for the first time on set up. I've had an existing account for over a year and all ready got my 4.99 credit for signing up previously and have about 13 movies in my vudu account and still got this email and a new 4.99 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the one movie I want to rent they don't have. I want to see secret world of arrietty and my local video store only has 2 copies of it and they are always out. I think I'll just have to get it on demand on my cable box if I want to see it.
Probably just going to use my credit on the beer fest set since I've seen almost every rental they have that I wanted to.

bread's done
Back