13 (100%)
Anyone else get this today?

blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

90637_hero_v3.jpg

90637_hero_left_v2.jpg
90637_hero_right_v2.jpg

Redeem the code below by July 12, 2010, to get your Microsoft Points* (see instructions on how to redeem your code at the bottom of this e-mail).
blank.gif
RVWM4-BTV3R-3HQMG-C6R2K-QC4BY
blank.gif
The Xbox LIVE Marketplace is your place to get the best in game add-ons, movies, Avatar gear, free game demos, game and movie trailers, and more**.

um...NO!

quick question...

have you not been buying much stuff on the marketplace...perhaps haven't purchased points in a really long time?

[quote name='budz']Nope, but I'm gonna try using the code now. Thanks![/QUOTE]

lol! first thing i did, too. almost made me hate myself...except not.

By tomorrow that code will have been more used than a banana in a condom factory.

I tried it.

I've spent about 200 dollars on points over the past years and I'd wish Microsoft would through me a bone.

And shame on you guys for trying to use the code. >.>

I got one just like that but it didn't give me 400 ms points it just told me some of the top dlc. It has the same background maybe it was just random people. Also at the bottom it said something like it was an xbox live marketing email, and i think that's what you have to be signed up for to get those emails. I didn't get them because i'm currently on the ms point rewarding program, which is; if i spend points i get i think 40% of them back!! til August, then it ends, its been going on for bout 6 months now. When u signup for marketing emails, you get special rewards.

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']um...NO!

quick question...

have you not been buying much stuff on the marketplace...perhaps haven't purchased points in a really long time?[/QUOTE]

I have not purchased points in about 6 months, so maybe that's why.

[quote name='speedmonster001']I got one just like that but it didn't give me 400 ms points it just told me some of the top dlc. It has the same background maybe it was just random people. Also at the bottom it said something like it was an xbox live marketing email, and i think that's what you have to be signed up for to get those emails. I didn't get them because i'm currently on the ms point rewarding program, which is; if i spend points i get i think 40% of them back!! til August, then it ends, its been going on for bout 6 months now. When u signup for marketing emails, you get special rewards.[/QUOTE]

and thus...i'm now signed up for marketing emails.

I'm not in the rewards program, and I haven't bought MS Points since March/April, so that might be the factor. :)

The rewards program doesn't give you 40% back, it's only 5% and it ends this month after being extended. This month they're doubling it to 10%, but it's still not too much. Though, better than nothing. Also, I did not get the email (also in the rewards program). They should at least hook up the regulars with 160 points every now and then, it's at least good for a Rock Band/Lips song or something for your avatar.

Nothing. I got a similar email, sans the points. :whistle2:[
Microsoft really needs a loyalty program - I know I'm not personally invested in remaining a GOLD member when I get most of the same benefits for FREE on PSN. :whistle2:/

Nothing for me....yet. I have 4 accounts, yes 4. 2 I use for myself, 1 I let my nephew use and the 4th is in the Rewards program but I don't care for that gamertag and never purchase anything on it. Don't think the reward program is even worth the hype..

I got that email earlier today, 4:52pm PST. I am in that Xbox Live rewards program.

I haven't been on Xbox live much, and I haven't bought anything using points in awhile.

Are they picking random people?

I got the e-mail yesterday and used the points. Been an xbox live gold member since the beta on the first xbox. Although it's been maybe 2 months since I purchased anything over xbox live.

They do need to reward loyal fans better. I think gamers should be awarded for gaming. Spending so many hours on live or getting so many achievements should get you benefits. What if every 10,000 points you unlocked 200 Microsoft points or if for every 500 hours of total live play you get to choose a free arcade game under $10? Stuff like that would go a long way towards making fans appreciate Xbox Live Gold. Heck when was the last time we got a free Arcade game? Texas Hold 'em?

[quote name='Calinks']They do need to reward loyal fans better. I think gamers should be awarded for gaming. Spending so many hours on live or getting so many achievements should get you benefits. What if every 10,000 points you unlocked 200 Microsoft points or if for every 500 hours of total live play you get to choose a free arcade game under $10? Stuff like that would go a long way towards making fans appreciate Xbox Live Gold. Heck when was the last time we got a free Arcade game? Texas Hold 'em?[/QUOTE]

No. They should reward themselves by getting a life, really. The way you should actually be rewarded is by how long you've been a member (loyalty), how often do you buy content and how much you spend. Things like that. I remember they tried out some type of discount card (which I still have) but that didn't do too well and didn't even last much. By the way, 7 years on xbl and I appreciate it and take it for what it is. So does that mean I should get a new 360 slim for free from microsoft? Since afterall, I have over 140 xbla games, over 14gb of rock band songs, 6gb of gh music, music videos i've purchased and the list goes on. I think from everything you mentioned PSN+ would be something for you instead.

I didn't get an email but I DID get an Xbox Live message on Friday that said:
Hi from Xbox! Here are 400 free Microsoft Points to buy game add-ons, HD Movies, Arcade Games or Avatar items on Xbox LIVE. Press the controller power button, go to the Marketplace tab, select Redeem Code and enter {0} (expires 7/8/10)

I didn't censor the code, either, it just said 0.
Then a few minutes later I got this message:
Hi from Xbox! We had some technical difficulties sending out codes for free points in our last message. We are working to fix the problem and expect to send codes in the next few days.

Then today, I got a message that was identical to the first, but with a working code this time.
I've had 440 points sitting in my account for a while, but I haven't been idle for all that long. I bought Perfect Dark when it came out, which was only a couple of months ago, right? A friend of mine who also got the points said he had 340 points that had been untouched for a while too. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well loyalty can be rewarded through various means. It could be a combination of how long you have been a member, how much you spend, how much you play. The idea is to encourage people to spend more time and money with your product. I don't see anything wrong with giving people rewards for actually playing a variety of games. The more time you spend playing 360 games the less time you spend playing another companies.

[quote name='forteblast']I didn't get an email but I DID get an Xbox Live message on Friday that said:
Hi from Xbox! Here are 400 free Microsoft Points to buy game add-ons, HD Movies, Arcade Games or Avatar items on Xbox LIVE. Press the controller power button, go to the Marketplace tab, select Redeem Code and enter {0} (expires 7/8/10)

I didn't censor the code, either, it just said 0.
Then a few minutes later I got this message:
Hi from Xbox! We had some technical difficulties sending out codes for free points in our last message. We are working to fix the problem and expect to send codes in the next few days.

Then today, I got a message that was identical to the first, but with a working code this time.
I've had 440 points sitting in my account for a while, but I haven't been idle for all that long. I bought Perfect Dark when it came out, which was only a couple of months ago, right? A friend of mine who also got the points said he had 340 points that had been untouched for a while too. Maybe that has something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

I got the same string of Xbox Live messages - I had just over 1800 points, but had recently bought Trials HD when it was on sale...not sure if there's a pattern developing....

[quote name='Calinks']Well loyalty can be rewarded through various means. It could be a combination of how long you have been a member, how much you spend, how much you play. The idea is to encourage people to spend more time and money with your product. I don't see anything wrong with giving people rewards for actually playing a variety of games. The more time you spend playing 360 games the less time you spend playing another companies.[/QUOTE]

well I play everyday and have been a member since day 1 of xbox live... So doubt they give it to how dedicated u are.

bread's done
Back