Free 6-Month Blockbuster Total Access

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm not very familiar with Total Access, but I learned about this promotion over at NeoGaf.

You signup here:

https://t.co/s3I4dXMR

It will ask for a form of payment, and you can check the expiration date in your account, which will probably be in January 2013.

The NeoGaf thread will likely answer some questions you may have. It's one game or movie at a time. The selection seems very limited, but hey, a 6-month trial is very good.

UPDATE:

Okay, the deal originally stated that we would get unlimited rentals for six months after we sign up. Unfortunately, the service seems to have limited this deal to two rentals per mail and two instore exchanges per month. Some CAGs have said they contacted customer service about this, and I still haven't gotten my third shipment, so it looks like it may be true. It's a bummer, but at least we still get to use the service for the six months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather than have all these issues with low stock games and broken discs, I'll spend my time renting blu rays instead. No issues with that so far.

Got first DVD a day before the date they listed.

Does anyone know if changing to three discs would end the trial? It says next billing date, but I am not sure if this would count.

[quote name='drysushi']My personal experiences with Netflix has been a week wait time for them shipping out to me.[/QUOTE]

OK, so that seems very unlikely to me. When did you last have Netflix? But OK, I was willing to accept that some people are not that close to distribution centers and it might take a few days (though even a week seems excessive).

And then I noticed your location. You are very close to me and in fact you are even closer to the Netflix distribution center (Salem) than I am. There is no way it would take more than a day to get to you unless you have some seriously crappy local mail service.

Or did you mean they just didn't send stuff right away? I mean, for everything "available now" it is always 1-day turnaround. But sure, I have stuff on there that says "very long wait" and I wouldn't expect to get that in 1-day.

Meanwhile, back on topic. Blockbuster got my game Thursday and have yet to send anything else out even though my top 4 things are all available. That is kind of odd...

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So since they I called and refunded me the 10.76 they charged me, they've sent my Paypal account 10.76 everyday netting in 4 10.76 payments to my Paypal account...

I'm conflicted.. lol. Should I call and report that they are sending me free money everyday?

Anyone else had this "issue" before?[/QUOTE]

So I got another 10.76 payment again.. netting me ~$50 of money that blockbuster has deposited into my paypal account now.... I wonder if they are every going to catch the glitch?

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So I got another 10.76 payment again.. netting me ~$50 of money that blockbuster has deposited into my paypal account now.... I wonder if they are every going to catch the glitch?[/QUOTE]

I would report it. You think you had a hassle on your hands earlier. Just wait til they notice the error and try to get their money back. At least by you reporting it to Paypal they'll hopefully make mention on your account that you tried to stop it.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I would report it. You think you had a hassle on your hands earlier. Just wait til they notice the error and try to get their money back. At least by you reporting it to Paypal they'll hopefully make mention on your account that you tried to stop it.[/QUOTE]

I don't plan on doing anything with the money for now. I plan on leaving it in my Paypal account for a while just in case they decide to come after it. I'm frankly too busy with other things atm to want to deal with calling Paypal (pain in the a$$...) or Blockbuster (their screw-up in the first place). Worst case is I can play stupid and say I never got any notification or checked my Paypal for a week...

[quote name='io']OK, so that seems very unlikely to me. When did you last have Netflix? But OK, I was willing to accept that some people are not that close to distribution centers and it might take a few days (though even a week seems excessive).

And then I noticed your location. You are very close to me and in fact you are even closer to the Netflix distribution center (Salem) than I am. There is no way it would take more than a day to get to you unless you have some seriously crappy local mail service.

Or did you mean they just didn't send stuff right away? I mean, for everything "available now" it is always 1-day turnaround. But sure, I have stuff on there that says "very long wait" and I wouldn't expect to get that in 1-day.

Meanwhile, back on topic. Blockbuster got my game Thursday and have yet to send anything else out even though my top 4 things are all available. That is kind of odd...[/QUOTE]

Believe it. I canceled my disc subscription of Netflix last year due to it taking so long for shipping to me. Maybe everything I had on my queue wasn't available from the nearest distribution centers, I don't know.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I don't plan on doing anything with the money for now. I plan on leaving it in my Paypal account for a while just in case they decide to come after it. I'm frankly too busy with other things atm to want to deal with calling Paypal (pain in the a$$...) or Blockbuster (their screw-up in the first place). Worst case is I can play stupid and say I never got any notification or checked my Paypal for a week...[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

DO NOT FOOL AROUND WITH FREE MONEY

always bring it up to the company. If they insist that it is rightfully yours, get it in writing.

Sooner or later they WILL want that money back and YOU will LOSE IT.

Never ever fool around with stuff like that.

[quote name='drysushi']Believe it. I canceled my disc subscription of Netflix last year due to it taking so long for shipping to me. Maybe everything I had on my queue wasn't available from the nearest distribution centers, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

OK, well, that's strange. I've had Netflix for over 2 years and have gotten new discs sent to me every week (usually 2 times a week) and only 1 time out of probably 100's of discs did it ever take more than 1 day (and that time it took a whopping 2 days). I've also never had anything not sent from Salem. But even if they did send stuff from another center, I still don't believe that shipments from them took a week - I could see 3-4 days but nothing wihtin the Continental U.S. takes a week to send via first-class mail. Unless your local PO holds on to stuff for days before delivery that makes no sense.

And Blockbuster finally sent me my second (available the whole time) disc after getting my last one on Thursday. That's pretty poor turnaround - but again, for free I'm not complaining. And the stuff I'm getting Netflix does not have at all (it's not even listed on their site), so that's a plus in BBV's favor.

Like I said, I have no idea. That was simply my experience with ordering the discs when I had that subscription. Maybe it was Netflix, maybe the local USPS or a combination of both.

Wow, so I signed up for this the day the OP posted this, and they claimed my first disc shipped on the 18th, but I still haven't gotten it (with an expected arrival date of the 21st). If I don't get it tomorrow I'll report it missing (shouldn't take over a week to mail an envelope), but not excited that I'll be reporting the very first shipped disc as missing.

in the vg section you wont find too many newer games available very often aside from sports titles that being said as i suspected this has been great for me and in sure other achievement grinders since im able to grab obscure games that i normally wouldnt bother to acquire with a paid service such as gamefly

First disc never arrived, had to report missing, still waiting on replacement disc. If I had paid for this I'd be super pissed, half a month has gone by and I still haven't had anything arrive yet.

The service has been okay with me. I'm disappointed I haven't been sent the games on "short availability" at the top of my list, but I've gotten two movies out of it so far. And today, I exchanged one of the films for a 99-cent game.

How long can u keep the $.99 in store game rentals after you return a disc?
FWIW I had a BB and a Gamefly game go into shipping status the same day. I got the GF disc 2 days after the BB, northern KY...

I've received 1 movie in the past 2 weeks with about 10-15 things in my queue. I'm guessing by the status of nearly everything I enter on my queue having a longer wait this is kind of killing the service. Free is free, but I wouldn't expect the level of service they had in the past on this, which still wasn't impressive.

i happen to have a store 3 minutes away from my house. can i just go there directly for the first rent instead of exchanging something from online?

[quote name='hyunkim']i happen to have a store 3 minutes away from my house. can i just go there directly for the first rent instead of exchanging something from online?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can, but if you are in a hurry to do that, just add some movies to the queu, since many are usually available.

[quote name='$hady']How long can u keep the $.99 in store game rentals after you return a disc?
FWIW I had a BB and a Gamefly game go into shipping status the same day. I got the GF disc 2 days after the BB, northern KY...[/QUOTE]

I was told that when you exchange for a 99-cent game, you can keep it as long as your total access subscription is still valid.

[quote name='apathylad']

I was told that when you exchange for a 99-cent game, you can keep it as long as your total access subscription is still valid.[/QUOTE]

I know it's totally against some CAGs way of life but if thats the case then just add a couple games and a 1000 shit movies that are available and return shit movie that ships right away for the newest game out and pay a buck each time. That'll be my plan after I finish DKCR and swap in store thanks for the info.

[quote name='apathylad']I was told that when you exchange for a 99-cent game, you can keep it as long as your total access subscription is still valid.[/QUOTE]

This excited me, but I just found out the only Blockbuster in my town is closing.

I went to the store and all the good stuff (new games) is either gone or not on sale.

I'm not paying $20 for Fifa 2008, BBV.

RIP

You will not be missed.

Can someone explain the 99cent deal? I am out the door for hockey, and will be too tired to look it up later. If i can pay 99cents to trade games out indefinitely (within 6 months) that'd be a win.

anyone else having trouble adding items to the queue? i keep clicking the green "add to queue" button, but nothing is being added.

[quote name='kylerg']Can someone explain the 99cent deal? I am out the door for hockey, and will be too tired to look it up later. If i can pay 99cents to trade games out indefinitely (within 6 months) that'd be a win.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in knowing this too.
Have signed up. First game should be shipping out soon.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Nirvana2Hell']I'd be interested in knowing this too.
Have signed up. First game should be shipping out soon.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Okay the ones priced 1.99 and 2.99 I was not able to rent out (may be different for others). For 99c games, you give your online rental to the store in which they send back, and you get your copy in store. Once you are done with the in store copy, you send it back to the store and it alerts your online account to send another game/movie from your queue. It may be different for others but mine won't let me swap games at the store non-stop.

I got my first delivery mid-week; it actually only took the expected 3 days to get here which surprised me to be honest, since snail mail here tends to be at least a day after the expected date. The game was number 1X something on my queue and it was X-Men Destiny, finished it in 6hrs w/ almost 80% in trophies w/out even looking for them. Still waiting for the game to get back to them so they can send me a movie.

Can I return a game in store for another game for free or pay a fee? are they all $0.99 or higher? From what I understood I could only take to the store movies right? I have a Blockbuster 10min walking, but the last time I went inside to rent something was around a decade ago.

[quote name='Carlanga']I got my first delivery mid-week; it actually only took the expected 3 days to get here which surprised me to be honest, since snail mail here tends to be at least a day after the expected date. The game was number 1X something on my queue and it was X-Men Destiny, finished it in 6hrs w/ almost 80% in trophies w/out even looking for them. Still waiting for the game to get back to them so they can send me a movie.

Can I return a game in store for another game for free or pay a fee? are they all $0.99 or higher? From what I understood I could only take to the store movies right? I have a Blockbuster 10min walking, but the last time I went inside to rent something was around a decade ago.[/QUOTE]

okay let me make it clear and I'm assuming you read my previous post. The rentals (daily) for games are priced at 99c, 1.99, 2.99. Obviously the higher price is for the newer games. You can trade your game in for the 99c game or a movie at no cost and no due date as long as you sign up an account in store. I could not trade for a higher cost game but it is possible if they do not know.

IMPORTANT:
According to slickdeals, this promo is actually limited to two movie rentals per month. This means you will only get 12 movies/games total for the duration of your trial. Those experiencing long wait times between movies, have you already had two movies this month? Now, if you have a blockbuster close by, you can do the mail exchange for an in store exchange. This would allow you to get four total movies/games per month (two mail, two store). Hope this info helps some people, again this is taken from the extensive converstaion on slickdeals.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']okay let me make it clear and I'm assuming you read my previous post. The rentals (daily) for games are priced at 99c, 1.99, 2.99. Obviously the higher price is for the newer games. You can trade your game in for the 99c game or a movie at no cost and no due date as long as you sign up an account in store. I could not trade for a higher cost game but it is possible if they do not know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
How much is the instore membership for? Included or you have to pay extra?

[quote name='GarrettKapman']IMPORTANT:
According to slickdeals, this promo is actually limited to two movie rentals per month. This means you will only get 12 movies/games total for the duration of your trial. Those experiencing long wait times between movies, have you already had two movies this month? Now, if you have a blockbuster close by, you can do the mail exchange for an in store exchange. This would allow you to get four total movies/games per month (two mail, two store). Hope this info helps some people, again this is taken from the extensive converstaion on slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

My account says "1-at-a-time, Unlimited mailings" so I do NOT think it is limited to 2 per month.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']okay let me make it clear and I'm assuming you read my previous post. The rentals (daily) for games are priced at 99c, 1.99, 2.99. Obviously the higher price is for the newer games. You can trade your game in for the 99c game or a movie at no cost and no due date as long as you sign up an account in store. I could not trade for a higher cost game but it is possible if they do not know.[/QUOTE]

got it! thanks!!

Also, for the other person: my account says:
"BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium
1 at-a-time, Unlimited mailings
Unlimited In-Store Movie Exchanges"

[quote name='cheapfrag']My account says "1-at-a-time, Unlimited mailings" so I do NOT think it is limited to 2 per month.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. Look at the thread on slickdeals. It says unlimited mailings but actually limited to 2

[quote name='GarrettKapman']IMPORTANT:
According to slickdeals, this promo is actually limited to two movie rentals per month. This means you will only get 12 movies/games total for the duration of your trial. Those experiencing long wait times between movies, have you already had two movies this month? Now, if you have a blockbuster close by, you can do the mail exchange for an in store exchange. This would allow you to get four total movies/games per month (two mail, two store). Hope this info helps some people, again this is taken from the extensive converstaion on slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

you sure about this? looking under the "my account" - subscription plan i see this...

BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium
1 at-a-time, Unlimited mailings
Unlimited In-Store Movie Exchanges

unlimited mailings, and nowhere does it say 2 rentals/month

ya i dont see the two rentals at a time with this free trial

ya i see the unlimited mailings thing. on a side note this isnt a bad deal for free. i have like 80 things in my que and the first disc came but now another one from somewhere on the list is being shipped despite it says the first set was in stock. oh well lol.

I emailed them and got the response back that the promotion was only 2 at at time. Somewhere, someone got their wires crossed. Blockbuster...

Wow, really confusing... Well, I've already gotten 2 by mail, and according to them my billing month ends Aug. 15th. So if I don't get another by then, given that I have 6 or 7 things "available" in my queue now, then we'll know for sure. They've already acknowledged receiving my second disc back. I'm really anxious to get the next one because it was the 3rd of a 4-disc set and they seemed to have no way of selecting individual dics out of a set - I had really wanted the 3rd and 4th ones and not so much the first 2.

However, just to toss more confusion into the mix, there is something I see on my account that I did not see before:

Your Total Access plan includes 2 in-store exchanges per billing month.
That means you can visit your participating store to exchange by-mail rentals for FREE in-store movie rentals!
You have 2 exchanges remaining until 08/15/2012, which is your next billing date.

So maybe it is just 2 store exchanges per month? I haven't done any of those yet.

Yeah, this wasn't up there before so they definitely just added this in a few days ago.

BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium 1 at-a-time,
Unlimited mailings, Unlimited In-Store Movie Exchanges
But right below that:

In Store Exchanges Balance This Month:

0 Used | 2 Remaining through Aug 13, 2012
As io mentioned, you would be lead to believe this means that you are only limited on how many in-store exchanges you can do, yet it contradicts itself. After all, there's several movies that might have a long wait/unavailable online but available in-store (must be a participating Total Access store). Maybe it's referring to games only?

Has anyone been able to rent over 3 movies/games already? I'm on my 2nd movie at the moment, so I can't attest to see if it's actually true or not on that 2 limit per month dealio.

Are you trying to find logic in this system??? This coming from the company that mismanaged this WHOLE promotion allowing all of us to get it for free? The company that is now down to 5 stores across the US? The company with no rhyme or reason to ANYTHING they've done up to this point? Good luck with that.... :roll:

bread's done
Back