Free 6-month T-Mobile Hotspot service for your PSP

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I stumbled across this while surfing the net at the airport. I'm not sure if you are required to have a T-mobile phone or not. The rules don't seem to clarify this point.

From the FAQ

9. How do I start my 6-month complimentary access period?

From your PSP, upgrade to the latest system firmware version 3.3 or above, then bring your PSP® system to a location that provides a T-Mobile HotSpot and follow these easy steps:

1. Select Settings, Network Settings.
2. Select [Infrastructure Mode], [New Connection], [Use Wireless Hotspot].
3. Select the T-Mobile HotSpot icon.
* For an existing T-Mobile HotSpot account: select [Enter User Credentials], enter your user ID and password, and then press the right button.
or
* For a new account: select [Use Promotional Access] to sign up for a complimentary 6-month T-Mobile HotSpot account. (To qualify for this promotional access, you must authenticate your PSP® system to the T-Mobile HotSpot network before March 28, 2008.)
4. Check the contents of the settings list and save the settings.
5. Perform a connection test. If you select [Test Connection], the system will connect to the selected access point.
6. Confirm the connection test results. If the connection is successful, information about the network displays.

(Note: your 6-month complimentary period will start upon first login)

At least in the Sacramento area, every Starbucks is a T-Mobile hotspot. That would be a lot of places to get your PSP on.

[quote name='daphatty']I stumbled across this while surfing the net at the airport. I'm not sure if you are required to have a T-mobile phone or not. The rules don't seem to clarify this point.

From the FAQ[/quote]
You are NOT required to have T-Mobile anything. All you need is a PSP and to be at a T-Mobile hotspot. That's all!

I have been using mine at the Starbux near work to check email and so on, since there is no intertoob at work.:bomb:

The MOST IMPORTANT part is the sign up date . . . must be logged in BEFORE MARCH 28, 2008!

I do not know if that means before midnight that night, or literally "before" March 28th.

Thanks for the heads up quest. How do you like the service?

I wonder how accessible this feature will be for folks with custom firmware...

hm, this'll come in handy. any cag's out there try skype out yet (i haven't mustered up enough cojones to bust out the $$ required for the headset and remote)? thanks op!

bread's done
Back