Free $6 Virtual Pre Paid MasterCard (Text) (Contest)

I have had the hardest time trying to use my prepaid Mastercard. Every time I try to use it, it gets declined. Any tips?
prob because you waited to long and the code on the card has already been redeemed by someone else guessing the numbers or using a program to do so

How much does sending text message cost? Anyone have an idea?

Edit: Or they have run out? and is it US only?(I hope not)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been winning nearly every day since the MCs went away, but no idea if it'll apply to my account since my provider isn't in the list. And I won't find out until the contest is over (next bill is 8/16). If it applies I'd have like 3 months of my bill paid off so far. Here's hoping!

i gotta thank them though, they paid in full for like 5 ps4 games. Can't argue with that.
You lucky...

Combining a few of the MasterCards and some Bing points, I was only able to get Layton vs. Wright paid off. Hey, I can't complain either way; I'd love to cover an entire month's worth of TV - TV that I barely get to watch.

no, you wouldn't. 97% of people doing this gave up when the mastercards were gone
Lots of people still do this, even without the mastercard. Selling the code or actually using it on their cable bill. It's still "free" money after all. Mastercards were only removed because of all the problems people were having. Most would have had around $80-90, I had around $48 and I started really late. Having $100 by the end of this contest was possible, now its $100+ in free cable(currently at $120 in credit). I don't see the downside, the money you don't have to spend on cable can be used for what you wanted to purchase.

You lucky...

Combining a few of the MasterCards and some Bing points, I was only able to get Layton vs. Wright paid off. Hey, I can't complain either way; I'd love to cover an entire month's worth of TV - TV that I barely get to watch.
i saw the master cards running out a mile away, and knew it was gonna happen for sure when the glitch came up. Gotta be pre emptive lol

i saw the master cards running out a mile away, and knew it was gonna happen for sure when the glitch came up. Gotta be pre emptive lol
I'll bet. I caught onto the deal two days before the cards ran out. I can't believe how much virtual credits were given away this summer so far: Gamestop (both XBOX and the Kongregate coupon), and this...Almost too much to keep up with.

I'll bet. I caught onto the deal two days before the cards ran out. I can't believe how much virtual credits were given away this summer so far: Gamestop (both XBOX and the Kongregate coupon), and this...Almost too much to keep up with.
i don't even remember what i bought with all that stuff, I think i made about 500 bucks total

Im up to, if it all processes, $240 worth of cable credits. I also got about $72 before the mastercards went out of stock. 

Just want to make a heads up!

13 $6 payments just went through! So $78 credit!

All say "echeck"

Not sure if the rest will go in later or after the next bill is payed?

I did do them at different times/days.

Just had a bunch more go though as well, was at 24 at the start of the day, now im at $78. Have about 200$ more in wins waiting to be processed. The first batch I had went through on Monday morning, seems like it could go anytime. I'd expect more to happen next week sometime. 

Lots of people still do this, even without the mastercard. Selling the code or actually using it on their cable bill. It's still "free" money after all. Mastercards were only removed because of all the problems people were having. Most would have had around $80-90, I had around $48 and I started really late. Having $100 by the end of this contest was possible, now its $100+ in free cable(currently at $120 in credit). I don't see the downside, the money you don't have to spend on cable can be used for what you wanted to purchase.
ok then, I'm just extremely lucky then

I finally had 3 of the codes post to my account tonight.  I still have quite a few in limbo, but it's nice to see something happening.

I don't know if the codes just haven't gone through yet, but I just got my new internet only bill, and none of the credits were applied. Fingers crossed for next month, I suppose.

I had $84 credit to my Time Warner account on 8/1. Thats only about a third of what I've won so far so next month I expect to see an even bigger amount credit.

To the people that are receiving statement credits, it would be nice if you would also say when you first started redeeming them to give others an idea of when to possibly expect theirs.

Damn nothing has credited for me yet (on the twc app at least) I have internet only so I'm hoping I didn't waste all this time and MCR points that I traded :/ would really suck since I just hit 50 codes entered ($300 total)

I believe I started redeeming towards my cable bill a little after it became the only option maybe around July 15ish.  Today August 3 I checked and so far only $24 has been credited.  But I've redeemed up to $70ish, so I'm guessing it'll get credited at the following bill if it doesn't make it towards this month's bill.  We have to pay before every 14th of the month.   We have ATT Uverse TV-U300 and Internet Max Plus services.  We usually pay like $105ish a month for TV and Internet due to a promotion and I think it'll go higher after the promo end.  After all these credits get credited and there's no more text to win promo, I think we'll take out TV or talk to them if there are any other promos.  Won again using the lady's cell today. Will apply the recent couple of wins towards bill again.

I'm guessing this still works, but it didn't work for me because of Sprint apparently blocking my shortcode texting. Guess I have to figure that out on my end.

To the people that are receiving statement credits, it would be nice if you would also say when you first started redeeming them to give others an idea of when to possibly expect theirs.
on the 16th of July, the day after they took away the mastercard option

still works, just won twice more

Looking online at cable bill still didnt have credits apply. Usually get my paper bill by the 10th.

Cable provider is not on their list.

My turn! Started entering the bill credits on July 20th and the first one showed up today. My cable/ISP is Suddenlink. I only have a few in queue though since I just have access to one phone and didn't win that much. Just wish I knew about this when they were throwing out pre-paid credit cards. Free money is free money though. Thank you very much OP :)

Is this still going? None of us in my household have received any messages back the last couple of days.

Are these posting onto your bills as separate transactions or are they grouping them together? I have one transaction that shows as: One Time CCard $66  and then separate transactions listed as Payment - Check $6.  This is DirecTv btw.

All the ones that have posted to my account so far have been listed as Payment - Check $6. Have had a bunch go though a few times so far for $78. Also have DirecTv. 

Has anyone with internet only had anything post to their account? This is going to bum me out if it doesn't work on my internet only (traded stuff for 5 months worth off my bill)

bread's done
Back