Free Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Avatar Item - Xbox - USA

COLDblood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
1f841b5e40.png

I found this on my Xbox just now and thought I would share it.
It's tied in with a promo running on the dashboard for the new movie. You can find the ad on the Home, Video or Apps tab.

Link to item (you can not use the link to purchase the item, redeemable by dashboard ad only)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...e-Hunter/00000544-6c1e-c203-c5c2-57c058570a0e

If you don't see the ad right away go to the "Xbox Guide" menu and refresh by pushing the "Y" button. (May take a few refreshes before it appears)

Video made by
mitchondri on how to find this avatar item on the Xbox dashboard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqLBR7TIwpE

Last edited by a moderator:
Not valid in my region (Italy), unfortunately... I thought it would fit great with Anomaly shirt and pants, giving my avatar an "Abraham Lincoln, Tower Offender" look, but oh well... :(

hmm says its not valid in my region - but im from the usa

EDIT: Nevermind I found it. Thanks OP! It's definitely in the US dashboard.

says not valid in my region, but im usa. Anyways Ill look it up on the xbox when I get off of work. Who else is excited for microsoft's press conference? Couple of hours to go :)

[quote name='r3dreck']Dang they must have removed it. US, not working[/QUOTE]

Links to free promotional items typically do not work for anyone.

This is only available via the US dashboard. Refresh your dashboard until you see the Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter ad. When you open it there will be an option for the avatar gear.

To refresh the dashboard press the Xbox guide button and then press Y.

The free avatar looks very similar to the Stovepipe Hat and Beard that sells for 80 Microsoft Points.

Link didn't work the first time, but the second time I got in and it said the offer isn't valid in this region.

[quote name='CodeTrader']To refresh the dashboard press the Xbox guide button and then press Y.[/QUOTE]
I know this worked on NXE, but does it still work with Metro? No matter how many times I try it, I still get the exact same ads (and in the same order).

Is there a way to view the dashboard ads from the website? I can go to my xbox, but that's honestly very tedious to get to it and get it started up, just for this.

When I say that the links do not work, I mean you cannot download the avatar item by simply using the links. It doesn't matter if you are in the US or not, it will not work. If want the avatar item you will have to find the ad. The ad doesn't mention the free avatar items. It's some video clip/trailer for the Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie. When you go to the ad, it will play a short trailer and then there will be an area to download a theme, gamer pic, and the avatar gear.

[quote name='ErezYehuda']Is there a way to view the dashboard ads from the website? I can go to my xbox, but that's honestly very tedious to get to it and get it started up, just for this.[/QUOTE]

No, you'll have to do it via the US dashboard.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I know this worked on NXE, but does it still work with Metro? No matter how many times I try it, I still get the exact same ads (and in the same order).[/QUOTE]

It works for me. You might have to do it a few times. Also, make sure your privacy settings are set to Adult.

If you can't find it, try later in the day. The ads are sort of random.

Was able to get it no problem from the dashboard - the link didn't work for me on here. Looks like you just have to watch the video and get it that way.

[quote name='violentfox']i found the ad playing under the Apps section[/QUOTE]

Same here. Took a few tries and it showed up there.

Damn I seen that advertisement this morning and didn't click on it. Now all I get is most Teen Wolf ones for the past 10 minutes.. Finally got it thanks. Took about 12 minutes of me hitting guid e and going home. Mine showed up on the apps section also.

Refreshing dashboard definitely worked for me.
Keep refreshing (Guide button, then Y) and check Apps section until it shows up.

Watch the video ad for Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter, the avatar gear is on the bottom right after the ad is done. Cheers.

On the Home tab, click XBOX@E312 More Coverage, the ad should be in the lower right every time since it's the sponsor.

Watch the quick video then scroll down and right to Avatar Gear to claim your hat/beard combo. =)

[quote name='COLDblood']I found this on the Xbox Dashboard just now, I am getting reports the link says its region locked in the USA (which its not).[/QUOTE]
IT IS.

I'm three blocks away from the US (in Mexico) and I CAN'T REDEEM IT. :(

Hey, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but this ad _always_ shows for me in the E3 preview from the home tab. Beats refreshing the dash.

Guys, if you open the ad,to where it has all the stuff about the movie, you can switch accounts and the ad won't leave! So if you have two or more accounts, like a son or daughters, you can get them it too!

bread's done
Back