Free Album Saul Williams Produced by Trent Reznor

Interesting. Last I checked (which, admittedly, was about 3 years ago) Saul Williams was a slam poet and didn't work with music at all. He's quite good, though, so hearing music with it should be interesting.

Decisions. I heard of Saul a few years ago in a writing class, but beyond that, I'm clueless. Also never heard much of NIN/Reznor, so the free option is sounding like the ticket. However, I also enjoy higher quality audio.

Basically, what the heck is this?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Decisions. I heard of Saul a few years ago in a writing class, but beyond that, I'm clueless. Also never heard much of NIN/Reznor, so the free option is sounding like the ticket. However, I also enjoy higher quality audio.

Basically, what the heck is this?[/quote]

its a huge mix of styles. spoken word, gangsta rap, hip hop, rock, they even cover a u2 song. and with trents skills all the music is top notch. i highly reccommend downloading it. if you really like it you can download it again and pay the 5 bucks that time. im really diggin it.

[quote name='McNutsack']Saul has been working with music for over 7 years based on my cd dates lol.
Thanks, I wasnt aware he had a new album.[/quote]

I stand corrected. I saw him perform at the Coachella festival in 2004 and it was all spoken word. That's where my ignorance was coming from.

This is by far worth the 5 dollars, I picked up both the free mp3 version and the 5 dollar flac version..

Whilst I am not into hip hop at all I am a HUGE NIN whore and this is basically a NIN album starring Saul Williams.

The Sunday Bloody Sunday cover alone is worth the five clams as it is by far so much better than the original version.

[quote name='McNutsack']I disliked this cd greatly.
His other 2 albums were so much better...this ones all glam'd out[/quote]

hence the reference to ziggy startdust?

Thanks for the heads up. I like the option's that the artist's are giving to their fans. Plus Trent Reznor is a big torrent supporter. He was part of oink until it got shut down.

[quote name='happyorangeman']Thanks for the heads up. I like the option's that the artist's are giving to their fans. Plus Trent Reznor is a big torrent supporter. He was part of oink until it got shut down.[/quote]

Reznor wasnt a part of Oink..He was actually just a regualr subscriber to it, in fact his ratio was spot clean..

And man I do miss Oink oh so much

bread's done
Back