Free APB Beta Keys

they really want me to sit here and download 8 gigs of data? The servers won't even be operational until Sunday.

I tried to download it but it says my my computer doesn't meet the requirements because of the video card driver, even though I'm using the one it says it requires.

I have been pumped for this game for years but now I just don't really care anymore hahaha, maybe I try later or something. Good looking out though.

When it says you don't meet the requirements just install it anyways. I missed one requirement and I still was able to install it. So no worries and yes they are doing a lot of stress tests first. It's only cause the beta is still closed but the playtime window is only 4 hours. Me and My friends checked it already. It's from 1pm EST to 5pm EST. My friend said they're doing the stress test because of they want to see how much the servers can handle.

[quote name='AuXoIs']When it says you don't meet the requirements just install it anyways. I missed one requirement and I still was able to install it. So no worries and yes they are doing a lot of stress tests first. It's only cause the beta is still closed but the playtime window is only 4 hours. Me and My friends checked it already. It's from 1pm EST to 5pm EST. My friend said they're doing the stress test because of they want to see how much the servers can handle.[/QUOTE]

You know, I didn't even see that I could still install it even though it said I didn't meet the requirements. Thanks :) Hopefully I'll be done downloading by playtime tomorrow.

[quote name='xHOJUx']You know, I didn't even see that I could still install it even though it said I didn't meet the requirements. Thanks :) Hopefully I'll be done downloading by playtime tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me and my friends thought the same thing but it doesn't stop you from installing it. It's just a warning to let you know, oh you don't have this requirement but I'll find out sunday if it's playable or not. I mean I've seen pictures off Kotaku from one person and they had very crappy settings. So I'm sure I'll be able to play it. I actually managed to load the launcher to the login screen and mess with video settings.

Thanks OP. Ive heard a little about the game but not a ton, hope its fun.

Im a bit confused... it says the servers are going to online for 4 hours sunday and then a few days on starting monday, but it says starting monday its for the "heavy hitters", is everyone considered a heavy hitter or do you need to do something particular?

[quote name='OddLogik']Thanks OP. Ive heard a little about the game but not a ton, hope its fun.

Im a bit confused... it says the servers are going to online for 4 hours sunday and then a few days on starting monday, but it says starting monday its for the "heavy hitters", is everyone considered a heavy hitter or do you need to do something particular?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kinda confused about this too. In the comments everybody either refers to Heavy Hitters (HH) or FF. What are they? Guilds? Servers? I'd ask there but you know how people treat players new to an MMO. Plus they all seem like idiots anyway (based off the comments I've read).

And about the times, 4 hours on Sunday? 3 days starting Monday?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yeah I'm kinda confused about this too. In the comments everybody either refers to Heavy Hitters (HH) or FF. What are they? Guilds? Servers? I'd ask there but you know how people treat players new to an MMO. Plus they all seem like idiots anyway (based off the comments I've read).

And about the times, 4 hours on Sunday? 3 days starting Monday?[/QUOTE]

I figured it out. They open the servers for everyone for about 2 days a week but for the monday time they are only allowing HH's because they have played it for a while and they are having the ERSB people play that time to give the game a rating. So for us, we can just play sunday and wait for the next time to be announced.

I'm just not gunna bother downloading it right now, I don't have time sunday to play.

"Heavy Hitters" are the people that signed up from the start and got sent a beta key by Realtime Worlds. Us, the people who got it from FilePlay, are "Sharp Shooters." We get to play Sunday, they get to play Sunday, and Monday-Thursday. We wait till the next play test after Sunday.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']"Heavy Hitters" are the people that signed up from the start and got sent a beta key by Realtime Worlds. Us, the people who got it from FilePlay, are "Sharp Shooters." We get to play Sunday, they get to play Sunday, and Monday-Thursday. We wait till the next play test after Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Wow, 4 hours on one day? Then we've got to wait until after Thursday? Kinda sucks....but it IS free. I just thought they'd want beta servers open more often so people can actually play the game and give feedback.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wow, 4 hours on one day? Then we've got to wait until after Thursday? Kinda sucks....but it IS free. I just thought they'd want beta servers open more often so people can actually play the game and give feedback.[/QUOTE]
Probably not that far in the process yet. Baby steps are key in MMO development.

bread's done
Back