Free Arkham City on Steam w/ purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 or higher

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
http://www.geforce.com/landingpage/free-batman
You've geared up with an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or higher graphics card. Now redeem your coupon code below for a free copy of Batman: Arkham City.

Enter your coupon code below and you'll receive a Steam code on the next page and delivered to the email address you enter below. You can complete the checkout process on Steam but the game will not be available to play until the official launch date of 18th October 2011.

Still need a coupon code? Go to participating etailers and buy an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or higher graphics card.

List of participating North American Retailers:
Amazon
NCIX
Newegg
Tiger Direct

Hm, interesting. I know nothing about Nvidia cards. Got an ATi 5850 XT that does the job. What would be an equivalent and/or next step up on the Nvidia side? PhysX looks real tempting for this.

Yeah I also have an ATI 5850 that seems fine running anything at 1920x1080. Would a nvidia 560 ti be worth the upgrade?

That's a good deal, unfortunately I already got my 560Ti a few months back. Well I shouldn't say unfortunately, it's a great card for the price.

So, is this confirmation that this is a Steamworks title?

[quote name='2&2']Hm, interesting. I know nothing about Nvidia cards. Got an ATi 5850 XT that does the job. What would be an equivalent and/or next step up on the Nvidia side? PhysX looks real tempting for this.[/QUOTE]

I would say the 570 would be a worthy upgrade, but the 560 Ti, although a great card, would be more of side step considering it's ~$220-250, definitely not worth getting a handful of frames more when the 5850 will still play many games on high settings.

On a personal note, damn I bought a GTX 570 about a week and a half ago from NewEgg. I'm SoL it looks like =( I am super excited to check out physx settings though, haven't gotten to try it and I know the first Batman had it =D

Sweet, I am actually in the market for a 560/Ti right now as my HD4850 has basically become a fire hazard. Was thinking of picking up the Gigabyte SOC, will check the Galaxy as well. Free AC is a decent bonus.

@DizoAZ - the box cover clearly states GFWL, so no.

GFWL, but it registers on Steam.

I picked up the Crysis 2 560ti (Hey, it was a great price!) and I love it. Great card, crushes games. I wish I had gotten in on this deal though!

Wait, not only is this Batman: Arkham City for free but it's a STEAM copy? fuck I should've waited just a few more weeks before getting a 560 Ti.

A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off just buying a whole new pc?

[quote name='Vap']A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off just buying a whole new pc?[/QUOTE]

new pc, your processor sucks.

Yeah I also have an ATI 5850 that seems fine running anything at 1920x1080. Would a nvidia 560 ti be worth the upgrade?

No, buy the game instead and save yourself $150+ imo. Its a marginal upgrade at best, it will be at least another gen before an upgrade in that price range will be worth it for you.

A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off jusZt buying a whole new pc?

Well, this is what I had planned. I actually haven't done it yet but I planned on buying the cheapest video card, keeping the code (obviously), cashing in the rebate and then selling the video card for the price I bought it. It's quite a bit of work but worth it. I got warrants!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know it got trashed, but I'm almost tempted to get the EVGA Duke pack for about $200. 2 free games? Not the worst thing ever.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I have the game and duel NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460s and I want the duke pack...

[quote name='Vap']A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off just buying a whole new pc?[/QUOTE]

If you seriously have a single core 1.8, I'm surprised you can play peggle. I'm guessing you aren't that tech savvy, so I'll put it this way: I'm assuming your comp was a pre-built, so a pretty good benchmark is that if, when you bought it, it didn't come with windows 7, buy a new computer. You probably need one anyway, but if it is old enough (or crappy enough) that it didn't have win7, you sure as hell need one. And god forbid, if it's something super crappy like an emachine, beat it to death with a sledgehammer and don't buy your computer at wal-mart next time. I'm not saying that's the case with you, I'm just saying if it is...

[quote name='Vap']A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off jusZt buying a whole new pc?[/QUOTE]

A good video card on that machine would probably bottleneck, a.k.a explode, your computer. I'd suggest building one out of scratch, that is assuming you had bought a pre-built computer. It takes no skill at all. You can build a really good pc with an $800-$1k budget. Definitely put some thought into it, PC gaming is really fun. :bouncy:

[quote name='AbramJ23']Highly suggest to get in on this deal, newegg has a Galaxy Gtx 560 ti for 229, after rebate its only 189[/QUOTE]

That deal is looking like a steal!!!! My monitor is 1900x1200 and it looks like this could handle anything thrown at it. About a 35% to 40% increase in performance from my GTX 285 (just a loose guess). Man, but the main question is will it handle BF3?!

[quote name='Vap']A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off jusZt buying a whole new pc?[/QUOTE]

Might need a new processor (which usually means a new motherboard). Would help if you knew the actual processor though.

New PCs are cheap. I recently built a machine with a Phenom II Quad Core 965 and 6870 for around $500 after rebates and whatnot.

For those asking if they should upgrade from their current video card, check out the chart below. If you move up at least 2 tiers then you'll notice a good difference from your old card. Don't upgrade unless it's at least 2 tiers above.

(I know some people dislike Tom's, but this chart is good for reference.)

Tom's Hardware Graphics Card Hierarchy Guide

[quote name='Commander0Zero']That deal is looking like a steal!!!! My monitor is 1900x1200 and it looks like this could handle anything thrown at it. About a 35% to 40% increase in performance from my GTX 285 (just a loose guess). Man, but the main question is will it handle BF3?![/QUOTE]

Most likely not on maximum settings (full AA on)
Probably will handle fluidly on medium-high without AA though.

[quote name='Vap']A few pc gaming newb questions. Would getting a great graphics card be enough to play higher end games on decent settings or would I have to buy a few other things along with it (i have 500gb,4gb memory and i believe a 1.8 gz) or would I be better off just buying a whole new pc?[/quote]

As others have said, you can build a new gaming rig for fairly cheap. It's not that hard and it's a cool experience. I just finished my latest build (and still upgrading a few parts on it.)

One site that I found that helped me:
hardware-revolution.com

You don't have to follow the site's suggestions to a "t" but it'll help start you off on the right foot for the most part.

[quote name='kyrhon']Most likely not on maximum settings (full AA on)
Probably will handle fluidly on medium-high without AA though.[/QUOTE]

Anybody got any thoughts on two of the Galaxy 560 Ti GC in sli? I'm coming from a GTX 285. I was thinking of getting one now and trying to hunt another down around Black Friday. How big a pain is SLI?

^ SLI is fairly common, but there are often times issues with it, especially early on with games that either have bugs with SLI/xfire or just need to be patched in later. I personally believe it's just a lot easier getting one high powered card than dealing with SLI. Most blockbuster games will support SLI but if a game doesn't then you're stuck with a single mid-tier GPU. But since you're buying them separately then it's not truly the same as plunking down all the cash at once on a GTX 580, but IMO I would just get a single GPU.

If you can find an unlockable AMD6950 --> 6970 that's great value ~250-300 and it's about as good as a GTX 570, which is what I have. I got a single GTX 570 for $269 after rebate a week and a half ago.

I've never heard of a GFWL game that you could activate on Steam. You normally have to purchase them through through Steam to begin with, if you want them to be on your Steam account.

Does this indicate that all copies of Arkham City will be activate-able through Steam, even though they're GFWL, or is this some kind of special arrangement with Nvidia/Steam?

[quote name='DizoAZ']I've never heard of a GFWL game that you could activate on Steam. You normally have to purchase them through through Steam to begin with, if you want them to be on your Steam account.

Does this indicate that all copies of Arkham City will be activate-able through Steam, even though they're GFWL, or is this some kind of special arrangement with Nvidia/Steam?[/QUOTE]

That are other GFWL games that can be registered on Steam. Dawn of War 2 and the AMD promo codes for Dirt 3 that come to mind right away.

Is the EVGA limited lifetime warranty worth it? I bought an EVGA gtx 560ti Superclocked for $240 (with $10 new customer code) and it comes with said warranty.

I'm not the type of person who buys a new graphics card every 2-3 years.

I went over the best deal I could find from the participating sites and ended up going with the Galaxy 560 Ti from TigerDirect. Amazon had it for $234 with the $40 MIR but it didn't ship for 2-5 weeks, and my current card is basically preventing me from playing PC games right now because it runs so hot on idle. I use Tom's charts a lot and it's a 4 level increase over what I have now :]

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Is the EVGA limited lifetime warranty worth it? I bought an EVGA gtx 560ti Superclocked for $240 (with $10 new customer code) and it comes with said warranty.

I'm not the type of person who buys a new graphics card every 2-3 years.[/QUOTE]

EVGA is awesome. I had a 8800 Ultra start artifacting on me and called them up. They told me to send the card in and they will mail me a replacement. Like a week later I get a new card from them, they sent me a GTX 260 since that was the closest equivalent they now made and carried. So I got a nice bump up in performance for free. When I sold the card like a year ago and bought a 480 OC edition I made sure to get another EVGA :D

[quote name='KaOTiK']EVGA is awesome. I had a 8800 Ultra start artifacting on me and called them up. They told me to send the card in and they will mail me a replacement. Like a week later I get a new card from them, they sent me a GTX 260 since that was the closest equivalent they now made and carried. So I got a nice bump up in performance for free. When I sold the card like a year ago and bought a 480 OC edition I made sure to get another EVGA :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I caved too good a deal for the Galaxy 560 Ti with the $40 rebate and Free Arkham City![/QUOTE]

yea can't beat it, can't wait till my card comes in tommorow

Know little about computers, so was going off of a neogaf thread for a good rig, and the card on the rig is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127564

Now I don't know if I need one that expensive in terms of a new card, so if I were to go from that to the cheaper one that people are talking about, how much of a performance hit would it be?

Just saw the post earlier about that hierarchy list, based on that it's only one tier above it. Funnily enough, even though the comp I'm using now is like 3 years old, this new vid card is 4 tiers above what I'm using now in the 9800 GTX+.

Now I just need to figure out if the motherboard that gaf recommends is compatible with this new vid card choice. So complicated. @_@

[quote name='Neg']Know little about computers, so was going off of a neogaf thread for a good rig, and the card on the rig is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127564

Now I don't know if I need one that expensive in terms of a new card, so if I were to go from that to the cheaper one that people are talking about, how much of a performance hit would it be?

Just saw the post earlier about that hierarchy list, based on that it's only one tier above it. Funnily enough, even though the comp I'm using now is like 3 years old, this new vid card is 4 tiers above what I'm using now in the 9800 GTX+.

Now I just need to figure out if the motherboard that gaf recommends is compatible with this new vid card choice. So complicated. @_@[/QUOTE]

Depends what res u want to play at, that card usually for things 1920x1080 and higher. U'll be able to play pretty much everything with eye candy with a 570.

While everyone seems to be talking about video card performance, thought I'd share mine for reference:

If you run anything higher than 1920x1200 resolution(typical 24" display resolution), you will want to look at GTX570 and higher models. The GTX560 Ti won't give you the high settings bells and whistles at higher resolutions.
I run a 30" at 2560x1600 on an EVGA GTX570 HD SuperClocked and it really tests the card's raw power.
Crysis 2 runs well on Ultra and DX 10, but does suffer hick ups during large fire fights or explosions. Switching on DX11 on Ultra setting makes the game mostly uncomfortable playing experience.

The GTX560 Ti is a great card, but it won't play nice with high resolutions above 24 inchers.

Just.... for reference... and don't mean to threadcrap, but the Radeon 6950 2GB is probably the current "best bang for your buck" card on the market right now. (2GB model for high resolution, 1GB model just fine for 24 incher and below)

I was on newegg about to buy a gtx 560 ti hawk and when i look for the arkham city coupon in my cart it doesnt show up. When i go to the promotion page i look for the eligible cards and the 560 ti hawk shows up but when i add it to my cart the coupon doesnt show up. Certain cards have this problem and others dont. The day before i had it in my cart and the coupon was there but today nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='danh920']so whats the best deal for a card that will also get me this game? Debating if I wanna upgrade the gtx260[/QUOTE]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162074

This is what people are getting in this thread. Galaxy 560 Ti. This will be a solid upgrade over your GTX 260, DX11, free Arkham City + Physx. $189 after rebate. Will run many games at max at 1080p if not med/highs. I myself have a GTX 570 just to make sure I can play skyrim and BF3 at 1080p on max settings without hiccups =)

bread's done
Back