Free Austin Powers download

GenghisJohn

CAGiversary!
Has anybody had any success with the free movie download? I tried to download it but I got a live error.

Its not a great movie but its free dammit!

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Has anybody had any success with the free movie download? I tried to download it but I got a live error.

Its not a great movie but its free dammit![/QUOTE]

I'm unable to download it as well.

Anyone read the fine print where it says its only good for 14 days after the download completes or 24 hours after the initial play...lame.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']all the rentals are like that........[/quote]

Ah, i've never downloaded a movie from XBL.

If you get an error when you try and download it from the Burger King Ad, you should just go to Movies > Comedy > Austin Powers and you will notice that it's free and then you can start downloading from there.

That's the way to work around the advertisement error.

[quote name='GenghisJohn']okay its working now. Austin powers 1 in standard def[/QUOTE]

Standard Def and it expires ? Maybe I'll pass on this.

It's still a free movie on Xbox Live, which is more than I had before.

It's a McDonald's promotion, btw. They must have seen the success that Burger King had and tried to one up them. It's an all-out marketing war!

[quote name='Kaijufan']I already have Austin Powers on DVD. Hopefully the next free movie is one I haven't seen.[/QUOTE]
The next free one is Austin Powers 2, you can see the page for it already up on the Burgercon thing on XBLM

[quote name='Kaijufan']I already have Austin Powers on DVD. Hopefully the next free movie is one I haven't seen.[/quote]

Or at least in HD.

This one isn't worth the time to download, IMO.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']The next free one is Austin Powers 2, you can see the page for it already up on the Burgercon thing on XBLM[/quote]
Oh boy another film I own on DVD. Hopefully the third free movie wont be Austin Powers 3.

[quote name='sp00ge']Or at least in HD.

This one isn't worth the time to download, IMO.[/quote]
Very true. I most likely would download it if it was in HD, but the fact that it's only in SD is worthless to me.

I really like how we're getting free movies, and I hope that McDonalds (or someone) continues to do it for a long time. I love it when we get free TV shows (I finished downloading Chris Angel Mindfreak Season 3 Episode 1 the other day because it was free on the video marketplace, and I've never seen it so I'm really looking forward to watching it).

[quote name='cyrix`']I like how people won't download this, its fucking free and you can delete it later.[/QUOTE]

Well man I know it's free, but just because it's free doesn't mean it's worth anything to me.

I already have Austin Powers on dvd, I've seen the movie like 10 times already, I have an HDTV and this is standard Def, it expires, and my DSL is slow, and I pay my own electric bill.

So yeah, I'll pass.

You can rent it again for free after it expires. That way, if you already watched it, don't start it again, you can watch it again 2 weeks from now (if you want).

bread's done
Back