Free Avatar Item- Night Vision Goggles

You know, I don't understand why everyone associates Modern Warfare 2 with the Night Vision Goggles. You never even get to use them in the game, and if it weren't for the Prestige Edition, NVG would have nothing to do with MW2 period.

For those who don't regularly check the free forum, the original thread can be found at http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257278

This isn't a mistake, just a promotion for the MW2 map pack.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You know, I don't understand why everyone associates Modern Warfare 2 with the Night Vision Goggles. You never even get to use them in the game, and if it weren't for the Prestige Edition, NVG would have nothing to do with MW2 period.[/QUOTE]
They're usable in select levels of the single player game.

[quote name='Slappybob']Ok so I downloaded them but where are they in my inventory? I checked hats, and accessories?[/QUOTE]

It's under "Dress Up"

[quote name='Slappybob']Ok so I downloaded them but where are they in my inventory? I checked hats, and accessories?[/QUOTE]

My Style > Dress Up

Dress Up tab.

I got one thanks OP. think im still gonna stick with my ODST armor though the helmet just doesnt fit very well with regular street clothes. and its bulky as hell

I found this on the dashboard when it first hit. They had the words free avatar item and i clicked into it. I wish they gave away free stuff like this during xmas time! :)

Considering I will never, ever, ever, EVER pay a single cent for Avatar clothing, I guess I'll take the free stuff. Thanks for the heads-up.

(Seriously, if I somehow had 10 MSP left, and there was a cool-looking Avatar item that cost 10 MSP, I would rather just eat the points than purchase the item. The entire practice is ridiculous, and it always astounds me that people will pay for such things.)

[quote name='kicking222']Considering I will never, ever, ever, EVER pay a single cent for Avatar clothing, I guess I'll take the free stuff. Thanks for the heads-up.

(Seriously, if I somehow had 10 MSP left, and there was a cool-looking Avatar item that cost 10 MSP, I would rather just eat the points than purchase the item. The entire practice is ridiculous, and it always astounds me that people will pay for such things.)[/QUOTE]

Meh, to each their own.

Personally I find paying double prices for things like wireless controllers and headsets to be ludicrous, on top of being less efficient, and look how well those items do.

I'll agree that excessive avatar item buying is kind of dumb, but I bought my guy a set of clothes that I liked and have used since. Don't see anything wrong with that. Same as buying a seat cover for your car or a "trendy" faceplate for your phone.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Meh, to each their own.

Personally I find paying double prices for things like wireless controllers and headsets to be ludicrous, on top of being less efficient, and look how well those items do.

I'll agree that excessive avatar item buying is kind of dumb, but I bought my guy a set of clothes that I liked and have used since. Don't see anything wrong with that. Same as buying a seat cover for your car or a "trendy" faceplate for your phone.[/QUOTE]

I concur. I got my guy a USC shirt for 80 points which he wore consistently until I got my new hoodie. But I got way more value out of that than some of the 400 point arcade titles I've purchased on sale and have yet to play.

bread's done
Back