Free Battlefield 1942 - Origin

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
From the Origin Facebook Page:
Today, we’re continuing to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Battlefield with the game that started it all, Battlefield 1942. Every Origin user can grab their FREE copy of Battlefield 1942 at the link below and experience heart-pounding WWII action once again.

Grab your free copy here: http://www.origin.com/demos

It is located in the demos section but it is the full game. Enjoy!

[quote name='ptasiu1906']thanks ;) I found this on twitter ;)

DOWNLOAD EXPIRES MARCH 1, 2013. So you have time ;)

BTW first time ever I see EA with free game ;)[/QUOTE]

EA has had quite a few free game promotion on Origin in the past.

My brother has the discs for it an all of the expansions so this is great! Thanks for the heads up OP. Now to just get his discs for the expansion packs...

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']My brother has the discs for it an all of the expansions so this is great! Thanks for the heads up OP. Now to just get his discs for the expansion packs...[/QUOTE]

Hey I'd like to know if those expansion packs work with the digital version.
So please share your results, because the info does not outright say weather the expansions work or don't work just that I cannot play online against disc based players.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/11/download-bf1942-for-free/

Q: Does this free digital download version include an of the expansion packs originally released for Battlefield 1942 (The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII)?
A: No.

Q: Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?
A: Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since it’s free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.

[quote name='ptasiu1906']thanks ;) I found this on twitter ;)

DOWNLOAD EXPIRES MARCH 1, 2013. So you have time ;)

BTW first time ever I see EA with free game ;)[/QUOTE]

few weeks ago there was the whole 20.00 off any game 19.99 and peopel figured out how to use it multiple times on a account. I got Deadp space 1 and 2, hot pursuit and B2K for BF3.

Sadly I somehow wasn't able to do it with CQ on BF3. CO actully has some weapons I want to try.

[quote name='pandiosity']Hey I'd like to know if those expansion packs work with the digital version.
So please share your results, because the info does not outright say weather the expansions work or don't work just that I cannot play online against disc based players.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/11/download-bf1942-for-free/

Q: Does this free digital download version include an of the expansion packs originally released for Battlefield 1942 (The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII)?
A: No.

Q: Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?
A: Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since it’s free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.[/QUOTE]
I won't see him until Thanksgiving so I'll get the CD keys then and then.

For what it's worth, a DICE dev confirmed on Reddit that the expansions will not work with the Origin version. Can't be installed and combined.

Wow gj EA.. Why am I not surprised.
Doesnt come with the expansions & cant play with those that have the disk version.
FAIL

I already own BF1942 & the expansions. But thought it would be nice to have them on Origin instead

Way to divide a community for a 20 year old game... EA strikes again

funny we get a crap version of 1942 but still no 1943 :roll:

bread's done
Back