Free Blog site?

asaraa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
Some family members want to star writing blogs. Any good, free sites where I should send them?

Tried a google search and came up with too many entries to sift through.

Thanks.

Dear Asaraa,

We have no openings for new blogs at this time. The existing base on livejournal alone is more than enough stupid for current needs. Please just phone your relatives and listen to their dumb stories for the time being. We will contact you if any positions become available in the future.

Sincerely,
The Internet.

[quote name='jmcc']Dear Asaraa,

We have no openings for new blogs at this time. The existing base on livejournal alone is more than enough stupid for current needs. Please just phone your relatives and listen to their dumb stories for the time being. We will contact you if any positions become available in the future.

Sincerely,
The Internet.[/quote]

Bah! You're just mad because your life is so boring you have nothing interesting to post in a blog, and even if you did, nobody would read it.

:twisted:

I second LiveJournal. Desipte its reputation, it's easy, free, and has no ads whatsoever. Beyond the regular features (friends list, memories, and so on), there are a few toys for more advanced users to play with too. You can tweak the hell out of your journal's layout, for example, or set it up so that RSS feeds will appear in your friends list. It probably is the best service out there.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='jmcc']Dear Asaraa,

Sincerely,
The Internet.[/quote]

Bah! You're just mad because your life is so boring you have nothing interesting to post in a blog, and even if you did, nobody would read it.

:twisted:[/quote]

OMG! I post my feelings and stuff and now Im getting yeled at by u Im going 2 comitt suicide now!1!!

current mood: sad sad sad

ps my cat hatez u 2!

I don't understand the belief that some people that that their life is so interesting that all these people want to log on to the internet to read it.

I think rather than subject the world to my thoughts, If I had anything I really wanted friends and family to read, I'd send it in an email or even *gasp* a letter!

If you're involved in something interesting, or can be considered a minor celebrity, a blog would be kind of interesting, but only if you stick primarily to what people are interested in.
Blogs from movie sets, game development sudios, or even some other occupations can be a fun read, as long as the person is interesting.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='jmcc']Dear Asaraa,

Sincerely,
The Internet.[/quote]

:twisted:[/quote]

OMG! I post my feelings and stuff and now Im getting yeled at by u Im going 2 comitt suicide now!1!!

current mood: sad sad sad

ps my cat hatez u 2![/quote]

OH NOES! TEH CAT!

[quote name='JSweeney']Smelly cat, Smelly cat,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, Smelly cat,
It's not your fault![/quote]

You win. Aside from vulgarities, I got nothin'.

[quote name='JSweeney']I don't understand the belief that some people that that their life is so interesting that all these people want to log on to the internet to read it.

I think rather than subject the world to my thoughts, If I had anything I really wanted friends and family to read, I'd send it in an email or even *gasp* a letter!

If you're involved in something interesting, or can be considered a minor celebrity, a blog would be kind of interesting, but only if you stick primarily to what people are interested in.
Blogs from movie sets, game development sudios, or even some other occupations can be a fun read, as long as the person is interesting.[/quote]

I keep a LiveJournal, but it's more for myself than anything else. Writing is a release for me, so I just write and use the website as an archive of sorts. Hell, most of my entries are probably private.

Still...if any of my friends think that my thoughts or ideas are interesting enough to read, they're free to do it.

I think that the single best use of a blog is to keep in touch with someone, be it family or a friend you haven't seen in years. It doesn't compare at all to face to face discussions, but it's worlds better than having no contact at all.

[quote name='JSweeney']I don't understand the belief that some people that that their life is so interesting that all these people want to log on to the internet to read it.
[/quote]

you make it sound like thats the only reason people have blogs, and im sure some people do have an over-inflated ego and think everyone wants to read about them, but most of the people i know keep blogs for a much simpler reason, to let people know whats up.

i use mine, and have for almost four years now, to keep in touch with my friends. sure they arnt rockstars, but i have a personal connection with them that makes me want to read about what they are doing, especially with being away at college and all.

I keep a LiveJournal, but it's more for myself than anything else. Writing is a release for me, so I just write and use the website as an archive of sorts. Hell, most of my entries are probably private.

I can understand that then. A private journal, even if it is stored in a non traditional way is a comletely different animal.

I think that the single best use of a blog is to keep in touch with someone, be it family or a friend you haven't seen in years. It doesn't compare at all to face to face discussions, but it's worlds better than having no contact at all.

I disagree. It's completely impersonal. It's not an email. It's not a letter.
You aren't doing anything to personally stay in contact with anyone.
Is it nice for seeing what is happening in a friend's life? Yes.
But I hardly see it as a substitute for personal correspondance.

you make it sound like thats the only reason people have blogs, and im sure some people do have an over-inflated ego and think everyone wants to read about them, but most of the people i know keep blogs for a much simpler reason, to let people know whats up.

What other reason could there be for a PUBLIC blog? A private one where only your circle of friends has access is something entirely different.

i use mine, and have for almost four years now, to keep in touch with my friends. sure they arnt rockstars, but i have a personal connection with them that makes me want to read about what they are doing, especially with being away at college and all.

A blog is not a personal connection. In terms of personal connections, it seems to be about as impersonal as you can get. All of this, of course, only applies if it is a public blog... the ground rules are different for a private one, and you likely would have more intimate conversations with your friends on a blog such as that.

A letter, an email, a phone call... Those things are much more personal than a blog.

[quote name='JSweeney']

A blog is not a personal connection. In terms of personal connections, it seems to be about as impersonal as you can get. All of this, of course, only applies if it is a public blog... the ground rules are different for a private one, and you likely would have more intimate conversations with your friends on a blog such as that.

A letter, an email, a phone call... Those things are much more personal than a blog.[/quote]

my blog is public for the simple fact that i dont care who reads it.

the blog itself is not a personel connection, you misread what i was saying. the personal connection is my relationship with my friends. i never said it was the best way of communicating, but its a good way to keep up on what everyone is up to

i think writing in a blog is just retarded, but than again, it seems that its the new thing to do and everyone just has to do it...including my gf....making fun of her for having to log on to xanga every 10 minutes to see if anyone wrote that they went to the bathroom and had a soda just never gets old...

Blogs are the online equivalent of getting loaded and telling everyone what you think.

[quote name='jmcc']Blogs are the online equivalent of getting loaded and telling everyone what you think.[/quote]

Minus the alcohol. There lies it's fatal flaw.

bread's done
Back