Free Brain Age w/ DS Lite at BB and CC (B&M only)

[quote name='TC']Anyone think I'll be able to take my CC reciept from this morning( I used store pickup since I was in a hurry) back to CC tomorrow with the printed coupon and get a copy of Brain Age?[/QUOTE]

The nice folks at CC hooked me right up with my free copy of Brain Age. Was quick and painless.

[quote name='Vinny']ARG!!! There's a dead pixel right in the middle of my touch screen!! And it's a huge one! DAMMIT!!:bomb:

Does CC replace units due to dead pixels?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I had to replace my Mario Kart bundled-DS twice (and I bought the first one online) before I got one with no dead pixels. No hassle at all from CC.

Probably getting low on or out of Brain Age in most stores, and the coupon says only for instock items, no rain checks etc.

[quote name='schultzed']The thing that is comes with is a "thumb stylus" but it is not the same as the little thing you use for Mario 64 . . . in the Mad Catz kit is a big nasty looking thumb attachment which has a stylus point.[/quote]

you're right.

still, i like it. i made out with mine last nite, and it didn't even want to cuddle afterward. now that's a good stylus!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Probably getting low on or out of Brain Age in most stores, and the coupon says only for instock items, no rain checks etc.[/quote]

Yeah, there were plenty of Lites at Best Buy on Sunday but not a single Brain Age in sight.

Yeah I did the Brain Age coupon at CC and they WOULD NOT give me the mario case. I spoke with two people and they said they couldn't over ride anything that I could pick either one of the freebee's.

I was pretty sad they wouldn't give it to me but I didn't want to raise a stink. I have my recept do you think I could go to another CC and play dumb saying I didn't get my other freebee and see if they could help me out?

[quote name='vanlandw']I was pretty sad they wouldn't give it to me but I didn't want to raise a stink. I have my recept do you think I could go to another CC and play dumb saying I didn't get my other freebee and see if they could help me out?[/quote]
i think you ought to grab a print-out of the aforementioned web page, stroll back in to your original CC, and demand that they give you the Mario Bundle. i did the same, and though they were sold out, they've got one special ordered and pre-paid, so i can walk in with my receipt and pick it up for free later this week.

definitely don't let them roll you over like that.

[quote name='allyourblood']i think you ought to grab a print-out of the aforementioned web page, stroll back in to your original CC, and demand that they give you the Mario Bundle. i did the same, and though they were sold out, they've got one special ordered and pre-paid, so i can walk in with my receipt and pick it up for free later this week.

definitely don't let them roll you over like that.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know about CC's policy on other store's coupons? I was under the impression they took other chains' coupons but I wasn't sure about it. Can anyone confirm or deny this and provide a link? Thanks!

Computer wouldn't let the employees at my store add two free items at the same time. They had to adjust the prices manually after seeing the printout of the website but it can definitely be done.

[quote name='exRounder']Does anyone know about CC's policy on other store's coupons? I was under the impression they took other chains' coupons but I wasn't sure about it. Can anyone confirm or deny this and provide a link? Thanks![/quote]

Usually, they'll accept it, but if you get a strict manager (always requires manager's input) they won't so it's YMMV. Also if the item is already on sale at a discounted price, your chances of them accepting it decreases.

mostly sold out in parts of sd, bought mine at target but not too sure if i'll hold out until either best buy or circuity city gets them (dslite + brainage) in stock...

CC gave me both the Mario bundle and Brain Age for free. They just lowered the cost of the DS Lite to $99.99 and kept the value of the others the same (Mario Bundle-$9.99, Brain Age-$19.99) for a grand total of $129.97 + tax.

[quote name='coldwine']How is Best Buy on DS returns?

I picked up a combo yesterday, but I'm concerned about their (unstated) return policy.[/QUOTE]

I had a bad pixel on the Lite I got from Best Buy. I took it in and pointed out the pixel for them and had no problem getting a new system.

I went back to CC today and gave them the printout that said you get both. Luckily the one that I tried to get yesterday was still there. Got it no problem.

EDIT: And by "it" I mean the mario sleeve.

Got my mom to pick up one from bb cuz I knew it would sell out mad fast and yeah, brain age rocks (specialy when its free!!!). Free game pushed me over, and I'm lovin the new ds.

wheres this link for this webpage that we should print out to show to get the mario bundle, i didnt get a sleeve either which sucked and would like to try to still get it =P

I saw this post the day after buying a lite from Circuit City. :cry:
I printed the coupon and took it & the DS receipt to the store by my job. :drool:
The guy told me to go out and grab the game, but they were out of stock. :bomb:
They ended up just crediting twenty bucks back onto my card! :D
I now have twenty dollars to spend on crack pop rocks. :cool:

stupid CC, i just went to get the case, but they gimme some BS how like if they try to put both on, that i would get charged, and they couldnt do any override stuff, also saying its like a special promo online and i was say like " uhh,, it says instore only" and then started saying how like she doesnt have the key to authrize anything told me to try another store... i was like... wtf, such bs in front of their face and just made a big scene and left (just cuz i felt that i was getting taken advantage over and they were just trying to get out of this) OMG DAMN U CC! (this is the one in cali in lake forest btw) -__- as i think about it, i shuld of just made them call the stores to see if others would gimme it and make them waste their time.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']stupid CC, i just went to get the case, but they gimme some BS how like if they try to put both on....[/quote]
wish you lived nearby, i would've given you a hand. i LIVE for giving these ppl a hard time. i worked retail for 6 years, and it's bulls*** how they act like no one can authorize anything -- it's all lies. sometimes, it can be exhausting, but if it gets me what's rightly mine, then i'm comin' at them with both horns.

fact is, if you know what you're doing, and who you're dealing with, retail chains will even haggle with you on prices. that goes for Target, Walmart, CC, BB, and the rest.

cecilvaliant,

try the santa ana store. I got the mario bundle and brain age for free. I bought everything yesterday, but even after I showed them the brain age coupon, they still charged me for it. I went back today and asked for a price adjustment and I had to show them the CC web printout that the bundle and brain age is free IN STORE ONLY. They complied and gave me some money back so that all three items (DSL, mario bundle, and Brain age) where 129.99. It was a hassle to go back and get the adjustment, but worth it in the end.

Last night I noticed that the lowest new price for Brain Age was $18 on Amazon . . . so I listed mine at $17.99 and it sold within 2 hours!

After shipping credit and paying for shipping and Amazon fees . . . I get a net of $16. Plus I got a net of $76 selling my old DS (last week) on half.com. I've covered $92 of the cost of my Lite!

Thanks CAG!

picked up my order at bestbuy from bb.com. used the coupon and got brain age for free.

wow, the lite is so much nicer.

If I bought a DS Lite on Sunday not knowing about this offer and went back to Best Buy with the coupon, would they give me a free copy of Brain Age? It says no prior purchases right on the coupon, but would they do it since it was purchased within the period of the promotion?

It would be a huge YMMV thing, especially since it says not on prior purchases. But you may be able to do it if you get an easy going customer service person or manager.

[quote name='rlse9']If I bought a DS Lite on Sunday not knowing about this offer and went back to Best Buy with the coupon, would they give me a free copy of Brain Age? It says no prior purchases right on the coupon, but would they do it since it was purchased within the period of the promotion?[/QUOTE]

They should do it...otherwise why not just return it and then rebuy. Unless you opened it.

[quote name='Indiana']They should do it...otherwise why not just return it and then rebuy. Unless you opened it.[/QUOTE]
Even then... buy a new one, get Brain Age with it and return the unopened new one with your original receipt.

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']Even then... buy a new one, get Brain Age with it and return the unopened new one with your original receipt.[/QUOTE]

Don't they scan the barcode for systems?

At CC anyway the cashier had to type in the serial number manually, so I image it gets captured at BB too and returning a new one on the old receipt won't work.

I'd just try to get them to honor the coupon on the past purchase, and if not just forget about it.

Brain Age is cool as a freebie, but it's not worth going to a ton of trouble over IMO.

[quote name='rlse9']If I bought a DS Lite on Sunday not knowing about this offer and went back to Best Buy with the coupon, would they give me a free copy of Brain Age? It says no prior purchases right on the coupon, but would they do it since it was purchased within the period of the promotion?[/QUOTE]

I bought a DS Lite and Brain Age from Best Buy on Sunday afternoon. Sunday night I saw this thread and wished I'd checked here BEFORE going to BB. But I printed out a copy of the coupon and took it to the store today with my receipt. The employee at the customer service desk said it would be no trouble to give me back the money for the copy of Brain Age. She just handled it as a return and repurchase, and I got $19.99 + sales tax back. It took about 10 minutes and was certainly worth the time. I think they might be willing to do the same thing if you bought only the DS Lite and now have the coupon to get a free copy of Brain Age. The only problem would be if they no longer have copies of the game in stock. It's certainly worth a try.

Picked the Lite up this weekend at midnight at WalMart. I'd been enjoying it all day Sunday, until I found out about the BestBuy & CC offer. I printed the coupon out and went back to WalMart with my receipt trying to get them to match the offer, but no go. They wouldn't do it. I made a stink about how they say they honor other store coupons, and if they don't match it, then I'm just going to return the Lite and buy it at BB. They still wouldn't do it. Well, long story short, I took it back and got the Lite & Brain Age at a BestBuy here in town, but I'm still trying to figure out why the hell they wouldn't match the offer. Especially since I see they are now offering the same thing at WalMart's online store. Stupid.

Brain Age rocks by the way.

DS Lite FTW.

can anyone tell me if i were to return my ds lite to either bb and cc, can i keep my free copy of brain age or i have to return it too... on my receipt it has brain age as $0.00.

[quote name='toneroni']anyone know if CC will take back a ds lite cuz of a stuck pixel? its annoying me. thanks[/QUOTE]

what exactly does a stuck pixel look like... could u take a picture to show me? I need to know if mine has one.

nicz888:

Most places require any free promotional items to be returned along with the item purchased. Depending on how the machine processes the return and how knowledgable the store clerk is, it may require the Brain Age too. But then to keep it while returning the system is pretty dishonest, in my view anyway.

BasketCase1080:

A stuck pixel is a pixel that is constantly lit, usually at a specific color. Say there is a black logo screen, the stuck pixel will be shining white or whatever color when it's supposed to be black.

[quote name='espy605']nicz888:

Most places require any free promotional items to be returned along with the item purchased. Depending on how the machine processes the return and how knowledgable the store clerk is, it may require the Brain Age too. But then to keep it while returning the system is pretty dishonest, in my view anyway.

BasketCase1080:

A stuck pixel is a pixel that is constantly lit, usually at a specific color. Say there is a black logo screen, the stuck pixel will be shining white or whatever color when it's supposed to be black.[/QUOTE]

thanks, pretty sure what I thought was a dead pixel was just a piece of lint underneath my screen protector.

[quote name='espy605']Usually, they'll accept it, but if you get a strict manager (always requires manager's input) they won't so it's YMMV. Also if the item is already on sale at a discounted price, your chances of them accepting it decreases.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean it isn't under CC's corporate policy or it is but YMMV when it comes to enforcing it?

Hey, I'm a wee bit too fucked up retarded in the mind right now to go back and scan the pages...but is it well known that Walmart.com has this deal going on as well? I'm probably gonna go PM this at a local store tomorrow morning so I don't have to make a 30 minute trip to the nearest CC or BB for the deal.

bread's done
Back