Free Brain Age w/ DS Lite at BB and CC (B&M only)

BasketCase:

Screen protectors are impossible for me to put on perfectly. I've given up on it.

dairugger:

I don't think Target even has a "best price guarantee" so I doubt they'll do it. Even companies that do have a price matching policy won't honor freebies.

exRounder:

I think the price matching policy is somewhat vague and it's entirely up to the manager's discretion. I don't know the details. Many people have luck with it, and many don't. Don't know if that answers your question, though. My suggestion is try it, if they go for it, great. If they don't, don't push too hard because they'll remember you which makes future dealings more difficult. In my case, the manager wouldn't even try using the Circuit City $15 off coupon just because I pointed out the website said I get both Brain Age and the Mario Bundle (he claimed it was a typo in the Spanish ad).

Megaten:

Walmart.com only, not in-store. Good luck finding a store that will match internet ads, let alone ones with freebies.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Gamecrazy is doing this too. they emailed me a coupon today.[/quote]

Does the coupon say anything about prior purchases excluded? If not, any way you could post the coupon?

Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but here's my story: I bought my Lite when CC first opened on Sunday. Tried to use the BB coupon (I hadn't checked this thread to see the CC version) to get Brain Age and they wouldn't take it. No biggie, I already have BA. But I wanted an extra copy for the girlfriend, multiplayer, whatever. So I came back later that day, they're sold out of BA. Tried to get Big Brain Academy instead, however Miss Speakswell kindly proceeded to tell me "This ain't the same game. We're out of 'em. Come back later this week." Came back today, took my receipt, coupon, and copy of BBA up to the register again. I explained I had already tried to get Brain Age on Sunday but it was OOS, you guys are still OOS, can I get the sequel that's priced the same instead? Dude tells me he has to check with the manager. Manager walks over, dude explains the situation exactly as I put it and the manager shrugs his shoulders and says "If it's the same price, go ahead." I say thanks and make my way out with BBA.

In short, if you already have BA or your store is out of it, try for Big Brain instead. I know it's most likely a large YMMV but definitely worth a shot.

[quote name='manthing']Does the coupon say anything about prior purchases excluded? If not, any way you could post the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Can't tell. The pic that came with the email gets unreadable where the terms and conditions are.

Coupon looks exactly the same as the CC one.

Link to the Gamecrazy coupon:

http://newsletter.gamecrazy.com/cm/6794/39510/nintendoPromo061306.jpg

Fine Print:

*CONSUMER: Not valid with any other discounts or offers. Coupon is valid only toward the purchase of a Nintendo DS Lite and Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. Limit one (1) coupon per purchase. This offer not good on core Nintendo DS hardware systems. This coupon may not be exchanged for cash, may not be sold or transferred and must be relinquished at the time of redemption. Offer valid only at participating retailers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. TM, ? are trademarks of Nintendo. ?2006 Nintendo. Coupon Cash value 1/100s. Coupon expires 6/19/06. RETAILER: Nintendo of America Inc. will reimburse the face value of this coupon, provided it was accepted from your customer and its face value amount was deducted from the retail selling price at the time of purchase of an applicable Nintendo DS Lite hardware system and Brain Age Game Card. Reimbursement will be negotiated between Retailer Corporate Headquarters and Nintendo of America. Void if copied or altered and where prohibited or restricted by law. Coupons submitted become the property of Nintendo of America Inc. Reimbursement will be made only to authorized Nintendo retailers who redeem the coupon. STORE ASSOCIATE: Please follow Retailer-specified corporate guidelines for coupon redemption.

I think you can also try to squeeze the 12 free rentals from them, since the promo is from the manufacturer and not from the store.

I called around to every circuit city and best buy in san diego county... either they had the system and didnt have brainage, or they had the game but not the system. I asked every one of them if they did game substitutions for a game of the same price, every single manager said no way jose. Tried the very last best buy (That's also on my way home if i take the long way) and they had 5 systems and 2 copies of the game left! They held it for me and i bought it today. I also asked em if they had the new super mario bros, they said yeah sure we have a handful. An hour and a half later when i got there after work, they were all sold out. Bought it later at eb games at the mall though.

*happy dance*

[quote name='splattered']I asked every one of them if they did game substitutions for a game of the same price, every single manager said no way jose.[/quote]

I understand why they can't do that, though. It's a manufacturer's coupon so they have to show to Nintendo that they released a copy of Brain Age, not something else, to get reimbursed.

My circuit city had the system but not the game; no biggie, they gave me an I.O.U for the game, redeemable whenever they get it in stock. I did get the mario thing (but that's still sealed, not exactly sure I want it, even though it's the white one and so not likely to cause any discoloration).

Do you have to present the coupon for the free Brain Age at CC? Or do they just key in a promo key for the package deal?

If it's the latter one, it may be possible to use the $15 off $100 coupon too. Otherwise, I don't think they will take 2 coupons.

[quote name='v7ck']also at walmart[/quote]

mann nintendo really knows how to bundle systems with games correctly, none of that extra money bullshit...so far id say the best deal would be at gamecrazy, easy way to score free rentals

Looks like BestBuy is getting more stock of both the ds lite and brain age. Just picked both up at Hawthorne Bestbuy (yesterday they were out of stock). Glad they replenished their supply before the coupon expired.

bread's done
Back