Free Castle Crashers DLC!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I think you're confused, the codes were not working on xbox.com and only on the actual console. It was annoying having to boot up the 360 to punch in codes that were taken.[/QUOTE]

this issue was fixed - i was able to do it through xbox.com early on when they started giving these away

[quote name='Skoad']I just said it worked through Xbox.com, where do you get confusion.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you just told me it'd be easy to find codes today.

The codes work through xbox.com, that's how I got mine. Early on, the codes (at least the ones given away via Twitter) were not working via xbox.com for some reason, but that got fixed.

[quote name='Kamelot']The last time they did this, I couldn't get a single one even the moment it was posted. I wish they'd just do random pm instead of post[/QUOTE]

Obviously I'm late to the party anyway . . . but I have to agree that this is a poor way to promote the game.

I'm interested in the game but a poorly-done promotion makes me less likely to buy the game not more likely the way a well-run one does.

I'm pretty involved on facebook but all these twitter and FB conttets are pretty lame and do little to promote a game. Shame as they give a lot of stuff away too.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm pretty sure you just told me it'd be easy to find codes today.[/QUOTE]
This is where I told you I put it into Xbox.com:
[quote name='Skoad']and plugged it into Xbox.com[/QUOTE]
The rest was a delightful story I hoped you would appreciate.

P.S. Codes work through Xbox.com now.

I bought CastleCrashers like 6+months ago and never played it, getting the Necro DLC will be a nice way to start, Pleas post when they start posting codes, I will do the same

I got one of these via Twitter yesterday. They released the codes as .jpgs instead of text, so you had to type instead of copy and paste. Just opened up the image on one monitor, had the xboxlive.com redeem page ready on the other, presto. Free DLC.

Credit to Behem0th for doing this. The content (couple weapons, playable character, animal) wasn't enough content to justify the purchase, but it'll make revisiting Castle Crashers worthwhile.

I don't see the big deal, I got a code early when it had more competition. It's not a bad giveaway, and it sure as fuck beats "5 free DLC codes! Register on our site and leave a comment!"

Just redeemed one from the twitter page. Cool. Was also able to get in on the free King Pack deal they did a while back. The Behemoth rocks.

I have been trying to snag a code for the last few days. I usually went for ones in the middle of what they posted assuming most people would try the codes at the start and end first. About 10 minutes after the last batch went up and all I tried had been unsuccessful I tried the very first code and got it. :D

[quote name='carldisc']Just redeemed one from the twitter page. Cool. Was also able to get in on the free King Pack deal they did a while back. The Behemoth rocks.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The Behemoth does well for it's fans.

so frustrating, nothing i enter ever works. why couldn't we just email them or something & get an email in return with the code?

thought that's what happened with the previous DLC

[quote name='McWeen']I have been trying to snag a code for the last few days. I usually went for ones in the middle of what they posted assuming most people would try the codes at the start and end first. About 10 minutes after the last batch went up and all I tried had been unsuccessful I tried the very first code and got it. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice! I'd been doing the same with the middle codes. I just snagged the first code off of the noon twitter post. Finally!

phew! kept trying and got one not in the beginning of a string, but near the middle. that was a pain!

can't wait to try it when i get home though!!

Ive been trying this all day and i still cant get a code after she tweeted 5 seconds ago. fuck behemoth

Edit: Finally got one. Took way to long.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Metalic']Ive been trying this all day and i still cant get a code after she tweeted 5 seconds ago. fuck behemoth

Edit: Finally got one. Took way to long.[/QUOTE]
half a minute ago all the fucking codes were used up im like what the fuck

Got a message on Facebook saying:

Kelly Revak September 29 at 3:04pm

Just a reminder,

I've been posting free codes for the Necromantic Pack dlc for Castle Crashers for a few weeks now, and am going to give out WAY more this week!!

fyi, I am going to post 2 HUNDRED codes tomorrow! so check the Wall of the Castle Crashers group to claim yours!

hugs,
kelly

I never ever win anything. But last night, hours after they were posted, I tried one from the middle of an old string and it worked. Not my favorite XBLA game though.

just a thought but maybe someone could copy and paste the sets here. personally dont have facebook or twitter

also there was a thread several months ago about getting codes for dlc games off of ebay. Several people said it worked but i cant find the thread anymore. wanted to get this game. if i cant get it free was hopin at least cheap. Lil help? thanks.

I still didn't get one. fucking bullshit.

I've had this game since day one and people that dont even have it are redeeming codes? seriously. leave it for the ones who actually play the damn game.

Today would be a good day to watch their Facebook page. My son, brother, and I were all able to redeem codes just now. Finally!

Got one of these yesterday after a few tries. Sounds like they have a lot to give out, hopefully everyone can grab one.

[quote name='HydroX']I still didn't get one. fucking bullshit.

I've had this game since day one and people that dont even have it are redeeming codes? seriously. leave it for the ones who actually play the damn game.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain.

The Facebook way is the way to win as I was trying Twitter yesterday and it's a pain to type out the codes as all were gone by the time I tried. I just got one from Facebook in my first try which is nice.

yea, like Owen said Facebook is the way to go.

they're giving away 500 codes today, and seeing as how most of the members have already gotten one your chances are pretty high

Facebook Group Link

I just got a Facebook message from The Behemoth. They said they'll be handing out 500 codes there today. I've already got mine, but if you want one and don't have a Facebook, your best chances are starting a Facebook and adding them right away.

I got my code 12 minutes after I added them, and most of that time was just waiting for them to accept the request.

[quote name='kmiller8']yea, like Owen said Facebook is the way to go.

they're giving away 500 codes today, and seeing as how most of the members have already gotten one your chances are pretty high

Facebook Group Link[/QUOTE]

They also mention "special surprises" if they can hit 3,000 members today. King pack maybe? May be worth spreading the word.

They just gave away 5 copies of the full game and plan to do so again on twitter in about 10-12 min or so.

Edit: You have to re-tweet the original message so if you don't have a twitter account, then you are out. Sorry.

bread's done
Back