Free Castlevania Soundtrack Sampler W/ Purchase (Updated. Now With $4 Off Code)

Baseball2g

CAGiversary!
http://www.dvdempire.com/Content/pm/castlevania2.asp?userid=99364432784320

When you buy any game you'll get a free Curse of Darkness Soundtrack sampler. It doesn't show up until you get the order shipped email. I bought NCAA 2K3 for the GC for $1.49 (look for it in the games clearance) and shipping was $1.80. Not bad for $3.29.

Plus here's another bonus:

You'll have to have an account first in order to use this code. First go to http://www.dvdempire.com/8ball/ then log in. Type in L549D8 in the box to get $1 off your purchase. You can only use the code once though. And if you order 3 or more items, you'll get free shipping.

Update:
Check post 12 for the $4 off code.

Slick, I did the same thing. I really, really hope the CD will actually show up when I receive confirmation of shipment, since right now my order summary email doesn't say a dang thing about it. *crosses fingers*

Hmm, examining that page more carefully, do you think by "buy any game", they could mean any of those Castlevania games pictured at the bottom of the page only? 'Cause that'd suck... I want my CD.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Hmm, examining that page more carefully, do you think by "buy any game", they could mean any of those Castlevania games pictured at the bottom of the page only? 'Cause that'd suck... I want my CD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe one of us should email them about it.

[quote name='nexes']I just e-mailed them. I'll let you all know what they say.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I look forward to the response before I go place an order.

I was out all day, sorry about that. The cd should come with any game because it showed up in my confirmation of shipment email. By the way, it's the same cd you'll get if you preorder the Curse of Darkness from Gamestop.

I ended up wandering into Gamestop today and having the manager force one upon me for being such a good customer, but for two dollars and some odd cents I might as well take a chance on getting another from this thing. At least I have one for sure, now.

Well, I'm an idiot. I accidently cancelled the order, and they won't let me re-order it. And to top it off, they brought the price of NCAA 2K3 from $1.49 to $4.99.

[quote name='yukine']Well, I'm an idiot. I accidently cancelled the order, and they won't let me re-order it. And to top it off, they brought the price of NCAA 2K3 from $1.49 to $4.99.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Apparently they're sold out of the game and other cheap ones too. Congrats to those who got in on the deal.

Here's a little treat for you guys in the spirit of an early Halloween, a $4 off code. Do the same as I stated in the first post but enter J49R13 instead. It's a one time code and it's good til the end of the year. The only catch is that you'll need to spend at least $4 in order for it to work. If you have any questions, sorry, but I'll be gone all day (Sisters B-Day. Spending it at Disneyland). Anyways, good luck, and see you tomorrow.

Thanks OP!!! I just purchased Back Yard Wrestling 2 (Only to play as Andrew WK). Hopefully I will receive a shipping confirmation with the Castlevania OST on it.

Found this when I woke up:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent email. The Soundtrack Sampler only comes with the purchase of a Castlevania Game.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or comments.

Best Regards,
Jake
CSR

I had my shipping confirmation in my inbox when I woke up this morning, and... the Castlevania CD is on it! $2.29 for a football game I'll never play and a Castlevania soundtrack isn't half bad. Thanks, OP.

Thanks OP, I ordered Tron Killer App (GBA) for $13.27 shipped.

Yukine, where is that screenshot from? their E-mail confirmations are text-only, and it didn't list the sampler in my E-mail confirmation. Do I need to call C/S to have it officially added to my order?

EDIT: I've only received an ORDER confirmation so far, not a SHIPPING confirmation. I think I'll wait for that and then post an update...

[quote name='Kerig']Thanks OP, I ordered Tron Killer App (GBA) for $13.27 shipped.

Yukine, where is that screenshot from? their E-mail confirmations are text-only, and it didn't list the sampler in my E-mail confirmation. Do I need to call C/S to have it officially added to my order?

EDIT: I've only received an ORDER confirmation so far, not a SHIPPING confirmation. I think I'll wait for that and then post an update...[/QUOTE]

The screenshot is from the "Your Account" page. Just scroll down to Recent Orders, and click the View button that is next to your item.

Oh and I had to manually email a CSR to add the Castlevania soundtrack, the CSR didn't seem to know about the deal and I had to link it for her.

I got my official "shipped out" notification a few hours after I placed my order, and the Castlevania Soundtrack has been automatically added! :)

They're really quick at DVDE, they already sent out a 3rd E-mail with my Delivery Confirmation/Tracking number, that's quite the service for $1.80 Shipping cost...

[quote name='Kerig']I got my official "shipped out" notification a few hours after I placed my order, and the Castlevania Soundtrack has been automatically added! :)

They're really quick at DVDE, they already sent out a 3rd E-mail with my Delivery Confirmation/Tracking number, that's quite the service for $1.80 Shipping cost...[/QUOTE]

Good to hear.

Their customer service is great. When I accidently cancelled my original order, the CSR re-ordered it and made sure that Castlevania was added. :D

Thanks OP! I picked up Taito Legends for $14.xx shipped. :D

*edit* make that $15.xx shipped! I had a mild brain fart while looking at my order confirmation.

I'm confused... so despite the site basically confirming that it was for CastleVania games only, the deal is still working on everything?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm confused... so despite the site basically confirming that it was for CastleVania games only, the deal is still working on everything?[/QUOTE]

The only mention of it being only with a CV-only purchase was an E-mail response from an employee...they're not the greatest detectives on the planet, to say the least.

It was added automatically to my order after I got my shipping confirmation.

Thanks for the info. Sweet, I didn't even realize that there's no sales tax on this site!

WarioWare Twisted and the CoD soundtrack for $22.29 shipped... I am pleased!

EDIT: Just got my confirmation email! Thanks a million, OP! :mrgreen:

Special:

Castlevania Soundtrack Sampler w/ Games Purchase
Price: $0.00

Magic 8 Ball Ticket Prize - $4 off your order Expi
res 12/31/05
Price: -$4.00

Items:

WarioWare Twisted!:
Game Boy Advance
Order Qty: 1 Ship Qty: 1 Ext Price: $24.49

Order Total: $20.49
Shipping Total: $1.80
Tax Total: $0.00
Grand Total: $22.29

I hope this goes through. I ordered a Jampack Summer 2k4 and 2 Power Grip Advance Artics (1.49 each), came out to 4.47, applied the $4 coupon so it came out to .47 with free shipping. Now I just have to wait for the shipping confirm. Thanks OP!

Edit: Woohoo! Got my shipping confirmation today and it included the soundtrack! 47 cents for this soundtracks works for me :D

You're welcome everybody. I had a $5 off code, but I stupidly threw it away. This was before I realized that the codes weren't unique. Anyways, I'm just glad that the deal still works.

Oh dammit.. I already did this with the $1 off code and ordered some PC. Oh well, my total was like $2.50 and they're shipping the soundtrack too. Works for me.

Thanks OP.

With the $4 off it gave me a reason to get Castlevania DS for $30.90 shipped with a soundtrack sampler. Figured it was better to get now with an additional incentive since I was going to buy anyway sooner or later.

Does it show the Castlevania Soundtrack on the first order confirmation email? My first order confirmation email only shows the Magic 8 Ball $4 discount.

[quote name='b3b0p']Thanks OP.

With the $4 off it gave me a reason to get Castlevania DS for $30.90 shipped with a soundtrack sampler. Figured it was better to get now with an additional incentive since I was going to buy anyway sooner or later.

Does it show the Castlevania Soundtrack on the first order confirmation email? My first order confirmation email only shows the Magic 8 Ball $4 discount.[/QUOTE]

It shows up on the next email they send you, the shipping one. You'll get three emails; the confirmation, the shipped, and then the tracking one.

I ordered Riviera, arctic grip holder thingy for GBA and Unreal 2k4 for $34 and some change. Have yet to recieve my shipping email...thanks for the coupons all.

well, since no one's mentioned it yet: I got my order in the mail yesterday. Tron 2.0 Killer App (GBA) and my free Castlevania Soundtrack! yay...thanks, OP! The soundtrack was really cool, until my wife asked me if I was listening to Mannheim Steamroller :) For all you kids who don't know what that is, be thankful.

Got mine yesterday! For a second I thought they didn't give me the soundtrack. I opened the package, saw my copy of WarioWare twisted but nothing else. Turns out the packing slip was neatly folded around the CD, which I why I didn't see it at first. That was a real psyche-out right there :D Thanks again OP!

Turns out Unreal 2k4 wasn't in stock, so they sent me Riviera and the GBA arctic thingy for $24 and some change. Sweet, thanks op! Much love.

[quote name='Baseball2g']It shows up on the next email they send you, the shipping one. You'll get three emails; the confirmation, the shipped, and then the tracking one.[/QUOTE]

No soundtrack showed up on my shipped email.

No soundtrack showed up on my shipped email.

Ditto. I called them about it, Cust. Rep said that they are just sticking them in the boxes and don't worry that it wasn't in the shipping email, if it is not there when the package arrives to just call back, explain blah blah, and they should ship it out. Hopefully.

Got mine yesterday! For a second I thought they didn't give me the soundtrack. I opened the package, saw my copy of WarioWare twisted but nothing else. Turns out the packing slip was neatly folded around the CD, which I why I didn't see it at first. That was a real psyche-out right there :D Thanks again OP!

Ooo. They have Lament of Innocence new for just $14.81 after the $4 discount. Thanks, OP I now have a reason to buy that game...

Aw rats, I should've kept looking for titles to get the free shipping deal too. They have Sonic Rush pre-order for a low $31.91.

Add in the $1 or $4 Magic 8 Ball coupon and it's not too bad for new release title.

They also have Viewtiful Joe DS at a very mild discount as well.

Anyone have the other Magic 8 Ball codes ($2, $3, or $5)?

Got my game and no sound track.. Gonna e-mail them and ask if they'd send me one.. Oh well still got a good price on the game, thanks.

Hm, they raised the price of the Sonic Rush pre-order to $32.03.

Luckily, I was able to cancel my Viewtiful Joe pre-order (cheaper at BB) and re-use the $1 Magic 8-Ball code for Sonic to get it down to $31.03.

Here's the response I got

E-mail (Response): Free Soundtrack
Date: November 14, 2005 0:46 AM EST
Hi Dima, Thanks for your email. I requested a soundtrack sampler be sent to you; if we still have them in stock, you should receive it in a week or two. If we don't, I'll email you back and let you know - that may be why we didn't send you one in the first place. If you have any other questions, please email back anytime. Best Regards, Doug CSR

And today I got the sound track in the mail. How awesome of them. :)

I got mine today without soundtrack. I emailed them to see if they can send if they have any left.

Is this game suppose to come in a seran wrap seal instead of the folded plastic wrapping like on all other games? Mine has a small piece of string underneath the wrapping too.

No, seran wrap is never used on factory sealed games (except for JP GC games). Likely you got one of DVD Empire's used stuff sold to you as new. I've noticed they do that shit sometimes, which is why I don't like buying their stuff.

sounds like they are just as bad as EB Games and Gamestop. I would have thought otherwise.

Oh well, I'll email them and see what they say.

bread's done
Back