Free checking account?

Megalith

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I reside on the East Coast, and I'd like some suggestions for a bank that offers a good checking account without any monthly fees, and is quick to set-up. I only need to use it for PayPal. Wachovia won't do, since I already have one with them, and Chase, my other choice, charges a $6 monthly fee.

Any help is appreciated.

WaMu is west coast only I believe. Most banks will give you a free checking account if you have direct deposit. Bank or Credit Union is all the same to me, they offer the same bs free checking. You really have to see what's local to you and shop around yourself.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']Bank of America has free checking if you're a student. I use them.[/quote]

Almost all major banks will do this.

BTW to the other guy: Washington Mutual is not only West Coast.

I wasn't aware that people still charged for checking accounts....Go with a credit union. They're not out to make money like banks since they're non profit.

BTW, I work in a major credit union so I've heard horror stories from our members about banks. Bank fees are the worst though, go CU, not bank.

pnc bank does a damn fine job for me

its got online banking and free checking no free checks though but good customer service as far as im concerned :)

I'd go for US Bank... they've been pretty good to me since I've been there last year when I opened up a checking account. Now I've opened up a savings acct, and since my direct deposit is set up with my work, US Bank lets me do cash advances for up to $500 if I want to. Also, they gave me $50 for free just for having an account and direct deposit set up.

bread's done
Back