Free Cigars <DEAD>

TheHairyDrummer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Caught this on Gizmodo this PM, thought I would spread the word for fellow cheapasses who happen to like cigars.

http://www.blackbandproject.com/

From what I can tell, you sign up and they send you an email a week with a video link in it. After 4 weeks of watching the videos, they apparently send you free cigars in the mail.

I just signed up for it today, but sounds like it could be cool. Anyone farther along than I am?

***DISCLAIMER***
Smoking is bad for you, kids.
Also, they only allow 18+, USA residents.

Will keep you posted when I get my first stogie.

Episode Links - in case there is a quiz?
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Free Cigar != Good Cigar.

If you wont go buy a box of DutchMasters at CVS you probably don't wanna risk mouth cancer on something Free in the mail :)

Go to the store and buy a GOOD CIGAR.....if they have to replace your jaw with carbon fiber someday at least you can have the satisfaction of knowing it was because of a really high-quality tobacco :)

[quote name='HeadRusch']Go to the store and buy a GOOD CIGAR.....if they have to replace your jaw with carbon fiber someday at least you can have the satisfaction of knowing it was because of a really high-quality tobacco :)[/quote]

Haha, I totally agree with you. This site seems to be advertising towards "aficionados" based off of the intro video and the one episode I watched. If it turns out to be a Black and Mild, I'll definitely report back.

I'll sign up because of his hip in-your-face attitude. That, and I really enjoy cigars. I was about to shut the window when I thought I heard the guy open a Zippo to light a cigar (big time no no), but upon closer examination it was a butane lighter that just sounded like a Zippo.

hmm i might jump on this the last cigar i had was a year ago but it was a cuban.best cigar i had in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dual45s']I'll sign up because of his hip in-your-face attitude. That, and I really enjoy cigars. I was about to shut the window when I thought I heard the guy open a Zippo to light a cigar (big time no no), but upon closer examination it was a butane lighter that just sounded like a Zippo.[/quote]
why is a lighter bad?

[quote name='paintball745']no its the gas that the zippo uses it changes the flavor of the cigar i belive.[/quote]

Indeed, it's basically like using lighter fluid... ever had food cooked on a grill with too much lighter fluid? Gross.

Butane burns clean (and damn hot) so that's the lighter of choice. Zippo actually makes butane lighters now as well as the old naptha, if you pledge your undying allegiance to that brand.

However, real men (and not to mention real cheapasses) use wood matches. Not paper ones though!

[quote name='TheHairyDrummer'] However, real men (and not to mention real cheapasses) use wood matches. Not paper ones though![/quote]

I'm with you, but only if I'm inside somewhere. I've seen it done before but for the life of me I can't get a cigar evenly lit outside with even a dozen matches. That's what the ol' butane torch Colibri is for.

[quote name='Toke2Choke']You can send them to me I have my uses for them[/quote]

I can think of one. Well...two, but I needed ole Billy's help on that one.

[quote name='naes']Mind posting the link for episode 2?[/quote]
Judging by the link to episode 1, they're unique per user. So you wouldn't get credit for watching it anyways.

[quote name='mguiddy']Judging by the link to episode 1, they're unique per user. So you wouldn't get credit for watching it anyways.[/quote]
I just want to watch it actually, I don't smoke.

Episode 1

[quote name='naes']I just want to watch it actually, I don't smoke.

Episode 1[/quote]
Oh... and... I guess the url's aren't unique, cause that's the same as mine. How would they know if you watched all the episodes then? I don't have to log in or anything... :whistle2:k

[quote name='mguiddy']Oh... and... I guess the url's aren't unique, cause that's the same as mine. How would they know if you watched all the episodes then? I don't have to log in or anything... :whistle2:k[/quote]

yeah i was thinkin about posting here about that. is this turning out to be bogus now?

[quote name='TheHairyDrummer']Maybe there is a quiz at the end of it all?[/quote]

Which is the precise reason I'm keeping all the emails.

:lol:
I could see it now.
"What pastry delight was mentioned in episode 1?"
"In what year did the Cuban Revolution take place?"

[quote name='Dual45s']Which is the precise reason I'm keeping all the emails.[/quote]

Good thinking. In the same interest, I added the links to the 1st two episodes in the OP. I'll add the next episodes as I get them. Study up I guess! They are actually pretty entertaining.

[quote name='TheHairyDrummer']Good thinking. In the same interest, I added the links to the 1st two episodes in the OP. I'll add the next episodes as I get them. Study up I guess! They are actually pretty entertaining.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised. I think that if the guy was just pure in-yo-face douchebag I'd have been pissed and given up the free cigars. I actually had to laugh at work when the "I'm gonna blow your motherfucking mind! Not with a gun, but like a metaphor" Awesome. If these cigars turn out to be good as well, it'll be a rare complete win for the internet.

Awesome but I'm trying to quit smoking altogether! Even if it's only for recreation. I never light my cigar without wood matches.

i don't smoke, but i signed up...free cigars could be used when i celebrate later lol or I'll give them to my my dad for his bday

several years ago american spirit had a promo to get a free pack of smokes in the mail. i'm in MN and apparently there is a law here against getting tobacco in the mail. I couldn't find anything on the site about that but i might end up just getting a bunch of coupons or promo swag.

I get cigar international magazine, if you like cigars and hilarity, check this out. I recommend their grab bags. I have had great luck getting great cigars I would never buy

I get the CI catalog too, I completely agree with SirSavesALot. Even better is the semi-frequent emails with the 24-hour deals. Some of those prices are pretty ridiculous for the quality of cigars you're getting. I just wonder how much of a hit they'll take with this whole SCHIP shenanigans.

bread's done
Back