Free Coca Cola Glass With Any Large Value Meal At McDonalds (YMMV)

pippin

CAGiversary!
I was at McDonalds for lunch and saw that they are giving away free glasses with any large extra value meal purchase. They're actually pretty nice glasses too.

This promo may vary by location, but I believe it's everywhere.

n5r10093mcdone6Y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bob_793']I almost got one then i remembered they had an issue with lead in the last commemorative glass set. Still may get one if they have any left.[/QUOTE]

I believe the lead was in glasses that had designs painted on them. These should be save, as they are just tinted glass.

I might pick one up in a week or too. I'm not into fast food, and def not not into getting a Large of any food besides pizza.
Does the Southern Chicken Sandwich thing count as an extra value meal?

I miss the old days. I still have some of those Disney Cups from McDonalds giveaway they did for the year 2000.

Nothing will ever beat these cups (not a picture of my cups but it's a picture of the cups I am referring to):
oI28.jpg

But yes, I suppose those Coke cups are nice. Reminds me of the coffee stirrers McDonalds use to have until people started using them to do coke and so McDonalds canceled the product. My dad still has a few of those.

These look like glasses they've done in 2009 which I liked and got several of them. The heavy metal problem was from paint on the Shrek 4ever Movie glass http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/05/business/05recall.html; not these ones. Tonight, I'll see if a McD's in KC has them.

--Edit-- I don't see this promo in KC. Right now they are focused on the McRib.

I guess the picture I used is from a previous year. The glasses are the same, but they are only available in clear, blue, green and purple this year.

[quote name='GenPirate']I miss the old days. I still have some of those Disney Cups from McDonalds giveaway they did for the year 2000.

Nothing will ever beat these cups (not a picture of my cups but it's a picture of the cups I am referring to):
oI28.jpg

[/QUOTE]

:lol: my grandma still uses those cups to this very day. Remember these?
Shrek_the_Third_Glasses.jpg

OP, you really got my hopes up. This promotion ended a month ago. I called every McDs in my area and was nearly scoffed at on each phone call.

I got a some of the Coke glasses last year too, and can also confirm how nice they are... However, the greatest glasses I think I ever got at McDonalds were the tie-ins for the mediocre live action Flintstones movie... This was my favorite.

mcdonalds_flintstones_mug_no_box_P0000332061S0001T2.jpg

[quote name='BlueWingX']I got a some of the Coke glasses last year too, and can also confirm how nice they are... However, the greatest glasses I think I ever got at McDonalds were the tie-ins for the mediocre live action Flintstones movie... This was my favorite.

Cut Image[/QUOTE]

Those reminded me of the Batman ones :)

[quote name='Romeo']OP, you really got my hopes up. This promotion ended a month ago. I called every McDs in my area and was nearly scoffed at on each phone call.[/QUOTE]
It just started this week at all the locations here. I guess it varies by region.

Kinda sad that you gotta get a LARGE value meal to get the glasses. Should be any value meal unless they wanna make sure they kill us quicker.

LoL!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:lol: my grandma still uses those cups to this very day. Remember these?
Shrek_the_Third_Glasses.jpg
[/QUOTE]

FYI, the pictured glasses are from Shrek 3 and were not recalled. The Shrek 4 glasses were. So if you have the ones in this picture, you're good.

Thanks for the tip. I go to McDonalds often with my Dad for a $1 McChicken and a $1 side salad. Maybe if I'm more hungry, I'll upsize and get an extra large meal and those glasses. I also still use them regularly from a year ago. I still have the Batman ones from years ago and the Garfield ones from even longer ago.

Called the one near my house. Apparently, they don't know if they have them or not. :roll:

bread's done
Back