free computer games?

theboogieman

CAGiversary!
anyone known where i can get a fun free computer game?i looked on kazaa and limewire, all i have gotten is viruses and worthless game makeing software, i am broke therefore i cant spend money on PS2 games. and all the games i have i can not play (1 requires monthly fee,1 is saved on a friends memory card and 1 is beaten and is boreing now) so anyone know sumthin that i can play to pass my time?

try going to fileplanet.com or videogames.com and just downloading demos of new pc games you can't buy yet. they are usually pretty good. Halo and Far Cry come to mind as pretty good demos, along with Pandorra Tomm. Single and mulit player demos. I'm usually broke too, and it helps ease the pain between buyings.

Hints on downloading free games.
1. If you visit pirate sites or download pirate games through Kazaa or limewire, you should expect virii.
2. Just because a game is freeware or shareware doesn't mean it's bad.
3. Some developers offer copies of their obsolete software.

Get the demos. They are worth alot if you don't regularly finish your games. Like the XIII demo plays online plus level. I know there are a thoousand games that do the same. don't talk about Piracy in here go somewhere else to talk about kazaa.

[quote name='jetblac'] don't talk about Piracy in here go somewhere else to talk about kazaa.[/quote]

Stupid thing to say. Kazaa isn't "piracy" by any means. It just depends on what some people use it for. Sometimes it's legal, sometimes it's not.

I've downloaded countless warez (pirated games) and never gotten a virus, btw.

[quote name='redrobot']Some of the best games of all time can be found here

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Check out system shock 1 and 2, yoot tower, and some of the ssi strategy games.[/quote]

i was about to mention this. make sure you have cable or dsl though, cause with system shock 2 (over 200 megs), they funneled my dl speed down to like 4 kb/ps. the thing too 14 HOURS on a dsl line.

This looks like a great site, specially for my kid hes 4 and just plays the same boards over and over anyway :p

A very nice free RPG I discovered today...

Falcon's Eye

It's basically NetHack with a very pretty graphical interface...not that I have a problem with NetHack, but if I have the choice, I'll choose actual graphics over ASCII art, just because my imagination is a bit crappy.

Graphics DON'T matter...but anyone who says that they don't like better graphics if they have the choice is a liar. :D

[quote name='Drico'][quote name='jetblac'] don't talk about Piracy in here go somewhere else to talk about kazaa.[/quote]

Stupid thing to say. Kazaa isn't "piracy" by any means. It just depends on what some people use it for. Sometimes it's legal, sometimes it's not.

I've downloaded countless warez (pirated games) and never gotten a virus, btw.[/quote]

That's about as intelligent as saying that one shouldn't use a condom because they never got a VD or got a girl pregnant without one. :censored:

bread's done
Back