Free Credit Reports

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I know you're supposed to be able to get your credit score once a year for free. I've searched online and they all charge you to get it, or enroll you in some bullshit service you don't need.

Where can I get a free credit score/report without any bullshit?

you can get a report for free from the site that blissskr linked. if you want the actual score youre going to have to pay.

Make sure you read the fine print. My GF did the same thing and didn't realize that she signed up for a monthly credit monitoring, ended up being charged a 2nd month. They were nice about it and refunded the money after she called and complained, but make sure you know which service you're signing up for.

Same happend to me. However they didn't want to give me the money back or stop charging me. I ended up having to get the credit card company in on it and when on the phone with the credit report company they could not find where it said it would sign me up for a service and charge me every month. All they could find was the free credit score. After an hour on the phone with them for the last time they dropped the account and gave me my money back. That was after calling every day for a week. When I talked to the credit card company they said they have issues with them all the time. I think it was freecreditscore.com.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Make sure you read the fine print. My GF did the same thing and didn't realize that she signed up for a monthly credit monitoring, ended up being charged a 2nd month. They were nice about it and refunded the money after she called and complained, but make sure you know which service you're signing up for.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sendme']Same happend to me. However they didn't want to give me the money back or stop charging me. I ended up having to get the credit card company in on it and when on the phone with the credit report company they could not find where it said it would sign me up for a service and charge me every month. All they could find was the free credit score. After an hour on the phone with them for the last time they dropped the account and gave me my money back. That was after calling every day for a week. When I talked to the credit card company they said they have issues with them all the time. I think it was freecreditscore.com.[/QUOTE]

Just clicked in my head, she wasn't charged a 2nd month. She got like 10 days of free monitoring (and access to your score) which went into an monthly plan if you didn't cancel. She forgot to cancel it in time. Maybe that's why they were easy going about it.

bread's done
Back